Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN quoting a Ukrainian commander, says the main counter offensive has not started and what is happening is shaping and reconnaissance missions only

I'm not sure I buy this story though, Ukraine has taken back 100km2 territory in the southern front this week
Can they not at this point? They’ve got weapons that can reach it now?
but do they want to? Would it not be wise to give Russians the choice to escape over the bridge back to Russia.

Its better to give them an out rather than trapping them like rats in a corner

Once the jobs done they could destroy it so it cant be used by them again

Wonder if Russia are going to face yet another problem, a war with Wagner......
Wont be much of a fight, Prigozhin may very well attack but it wont be in Ukraine, he has already seen from Bakhmut its a battle he cant win.

What he could win is a coup at the kremlin, thats what I expect (hope) he will do.

He will swoop in as the saviour stopping Putins ILLEGAL war as thats how he will paint it.

Its just one of many possibilities but we can live in hope.

but do they want to? Would it not be wise to give Russians the choice to escape over the bridge back to Russia.

No, trap em like rats then gun em all down like they would to Ukrainian troops.

I guess I see the plan now and why Ukraine haven't really pushed yet beyond small scale assaults. Possibly waiting till a significant enough break in lines happen till they can pour armor and troops through en masse, so they aren't wasting armor on minefields etc. Attack with the large force horizontally to exploit the defense line setup.

Largely they maybe wouldn't need fo be worried about tank defenses that were setup if they can break all three lines first.

What he could win is a coup at the kremlin, thats what I expect (hope) he will do.
Won't happen ... The coup will be done by someone who the west can work with. Don't think one KGB will be couped by a war mongerer. It will be someone who can bring them back into the western fold...

That's my 2p.

Just bomb the side going to Crimea and leave the way out. Sorted :cool:

Follow me for more expert military advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom