Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Ukraine has so far only used 3 brigades in its southern shaping and probing attacks. They retain another 10 to 15 brigades in reserve waiting for an opportunity to push. It's not clear whether when the main push comes they will drive to just one city with all reserves or split into two to attack two cities at the same time

Last edited:
I have a feeling these are going to be available sooner than many people think. Here's hoping.

I posted a week or so ago. I picked up on a Polish comment that seemed to infer they had been teaching Ukrainian pilots on the F16 for some time.
I went back to find it to link here but couldn't, maybe it was removed.
It kind of inferred they would be ready for action end of July.

Poland do seem to be at the front in regards support so to me it was completely plausible they were ahead of the curve.
Saying that, I believe its happening elsewhere as well, training in case we let you have ...

Someone better check who is onboard all the Nimitz carriers and at the B2 bases ;)

I have a feeling these are going to be available sooner than many people think. Here's hoping.
The BBC article reckons 3 years to train on the type and a year to train ground crew: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65897919

They also mention the problem of Russia targeting the air bases where the F-16s are stationed. I wonder if that problem and the ground maintenance problem would just be solved by them flying out of Poland or another friendly air base?

The BBC article reckons 3 years to train on the type and a year to train ground crew: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65897919

They also mention the problem of Russia targeting the air bases where the F-16s are stationed. I wonder if that problem and the ground maintenance problem would just be solved by them flying out of Poland or another friendly air base?

Why don't we just train Ukrainian pilots on the B-52 and fly them out of RAF bases?

I think Russia would, quite rightly, see that as a direct attack from Poland etc, even if the pilots are Ukrainian.

Well you do , frequently , suggest Ukraine should give up and let Russia have it all so....

You're just deliberately misrepresenting my position. I'd like for Ukraine to be able to win, I've said on multiple occasions Russia was wrong to commit an illegal invasion. Can we just be clear on that.

I just don't think it's possible that they'll retake those Eastern areas due to how dug in the Russians will be, and how many men and resources they have. From a pragmatic standpoint it would seem reasonable to negotiate and look at equipping the Ukrainian Armed Forces so they can protect the territory they hold, eventually they could look at NATO membership from there - rather than dragging out a conflict over many years which will cost European countries and the US hundreds of billions in economic damage and weaken us long term.

Suppose Ukraine retook those Eastern provinces, are people going to move in and settle and live in peace? Would the conflict ever end? I think the same about Russia holding it. At some point there has to be peace talks.

You're just deliberately misrepresenting my position. I'd like for Ukraine to be able to win, I've said on multiple occasions Russia was wrong to commit an illegal invasion. Can we just be clear on that.

I just don't think it's possible that they'll retake those Eastern areas due to how dug in the Russians will be, and how many men and resources they have. From a pragmatic standpoint it would seem reasonable to negotiate and look at equipping the Ukrainian Armed Forces so they can protect the territory they hold, eventually they could look at NATO membership from there - rather than dragging out a conflict over many years which will cost European countries and the US hundreds of billions in economic damage and weaken us long term.

Suppose Ukraine retook those Eastern provinces, are people going to move in and settle and live in peace? Would the conflict ever end? I think the same about Russia holding it. At some point there has to be peace talks.

Even if it’s not possible for Ukraine to retake the territory they’ve lost, it is absolutely necessary to show Russia that any attempt to repeat the same trick will be far more costly than any advantage they stand to gain.

There cannot be peace until that holds true, and that is the primary purpose of this war.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom