Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would he? Do you know him personally?
I wouldn't bet on that - officially there is a complicated procedure but in reality Putin could bypass that depending on the loyalty of and/or how much those in the chain of command felt compelled.

If his back is to the wall Putin absolutely would attempt to use nuclear weapons in some capacity if he felt it necessary.

True. But that doesn't there aren't good and bad ways for things to unravel. The ideal would be a reformed Russia joining the family of European nations; but there seems little chance of that.

Yeh, I doubt they will be joining the European/western community

Best result would be Putin out, Ukraine pull out and then they go back to how they were in the early 2000's in terms of western relations.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see how this impacts the Russian forces in Ukraine, may need to pull out 10,000s of troops to deal with the coup, or indeed the Russian military themselves might just shrug and ask Prigozhin what his orders are.

Prigozhin is, if anything, less known for honesty than Putin. But I don't see Prigozhin neatly capturing the Russian state even if he wins, he doesn't have the connections. Either he'll get rapidly deposed, or we'll see a spiralling series of infighting/rebellion events as he struggles to control a vast and varied country.

And while the utter collapse of Russia would be a fitting epitaph to Putin, it's going to lead to decades of bloodshed and strife if it happens.
I think that's inevitable now really, so if it means Putin ending up falling out of a window then so be it.

Have the 'strongman' Putin and Russia supported had their Internet cut off or something?

A few of these types are noticeably absent from this thread since these developments...

Anyone know The Hague opening hours?

Last edited:
There is Navalny, but I doubt he will be allowed to assume power unless Putin's whole support structure goes. Navalny is imperfect, but a lot better than Putin.
He plays a character for western audiences as being this educated, well spoken, charming anti Putin leader. He's called Putin out corruption but not his nationalist agenda and military operations. It's just a mask to hide his own imperialist ambitions imo.

So the 3 days to Kyiv operation (16 months and counting now further away than when they started) and it looks like it's going to take less than 24 hours for Moscow to fall.

Hopefully if nothing else Putin is handed over when this plays out which is looking pretty soonish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom