Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slight problem for him there as only:

NB: Lukashenko was born in the Belorussian SSR which gives him a grandfathered claim to having been born in Belarus, it's the same as how the first ten or so presidents of the USA were born in the British Empire yet were still counted as US born.

The post you quoted said Minister of Defence not President.

I'd be surprised if there were no purges. Prigo is at the top of the tea list now he's agreed to be separated from his troops.
I wonder what the Wagner troops and his subordinates think of him now.

Not only will he himself probably not outlive the week, but he's left his own people to their fate at the hands of MOD as well.

Hard to see Wagner surviving for long after this.

Last edited:

Not only will he himself probably not outlive the week, but he's left his own people to their fate at the hands of MOD as well.

I agree. And will Wagner mercs still be forced to sign individual contracts with the Russian MoD by July 1st?

Last edited:
The post you quoted said Minister of Defence not President.
Read it again, it says both ;)

Pretty sure it's been reported that Wagner forces have also been offered immunity plus the option of joining the military.

*EDIT*

Yup the Kremlin press secretary has said that those who took part in todays actions will not be prosecuted and those who wish o join the MoD can.

Last edited:
Read it again, it says both ;)

Pretty sure it's been reported that Wagner forces have also been offered immunity plus the option of joining the military.

*EDIT*

Yup the Kremlin press secretary has said that those who took part in todays actions will not be prosecuted and those who wish o join the MoD can.
I'm sure they also said Prigozhin won't accidentally fall into a car crusher, too. But words are cheap :p

Something I don't get, Prigozhin's official line was we are stopping so we don't have to kill anyone.

That doesn't make any sense because at the time Prigozhin said this, Wagner troops had already shot down 6 helicopters, 1 aircraft and killed 20 Russian soldiers

Last edited:
Something I don't get, Prigozhin's official line was we are stopping so we don't have to kill anyone.

That doesn't make any sense because at the time Prigozhin said this, Wagner troops had already shot down 6 helicopters, 1 aircraft and killed 20 Russian soldiers
I think the difference is they were about to come up against the national guard (their equivalent of the TA), the army had been kept away from them and the task of stopping them was given to the NG and FSB (partially to put him in that position, partly in case and army soldiers sent to stop him joined him).

well this will be a awkward yhorn in putin’s aide. Belarus get a new dictator , convicts with nuke toys can now march on moscow..
Putin is now the weakest leader no.

Existing forces moved to belarus will now be under wagnar conteol.

New front opened up to ukraine under the distraction of this.

This guy agrees and thinks the end to this coup doesn't make sense, it just leaves Russia weaker and closer yo destruction because the question of leadership is undetermined

Soviet Air Force Colonel and former Soviet & Russian MP Viktor Alksnis: "I am forced to bitterly admit that Russian Federation is one step closer to its final and irreversible demise. As of today, there are two presidents in Russia - the real president is Yevgeny Viktorovich Prigozhin and the clown-president for scapegoating, Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin"

Last edited:
Could be one big deception to move all of Wagners troops to Belarus, and invade from there?

Doubt they'd need deception to do that. Wagner's available combat power is significantly less than the initial invasion from the north - I doubt they can deploy anything close to the on paper 50K personnel, so not sure what that would accomplish - at Bakhmut they had 10s of thousands of regular Russian troops on the flanks.

Well, another Russian failure. They can't even hold a decent rebellion. I'm disappointed, I'd bought in 2lbs of popcorn for this one, now it's all going to be scattered around the garden for Sidney seagull.

Seriously, though, the outcome leaves more questions than it answers. One thing for sure, I would not be surprised if Prigozhin winds up dead in six months time.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if there were no purges. Prigo is at the top of the tea list now he's agreed to be separated from his troops.
The question for me is why he would agree to such a thing? The reason why he could mouth off on the first place was because he had a battle harden army behind him. Surprised he didn't just clear off to central Africa why he would go to Belarus I don't know as it leaves him vulnerable.

The question for me is why he would agree to such a thing? The reason why he could mouth off on the first place was because he had a battle harden army behind him. Surprised he didn't just clear off to central Africa why he would go to Belarus I don't know as it leaves him vulnerable.

There is a lot we don't know including how much is theatrics and what the real relationship is between Putin and Prigozhin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom