Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the range is HIMARS?

Ukraine equipment for defence is a very different beast from what is was during the initial invasion.

Also sending any hostile aircraft near to Kyiv now means hello Patriots. Very different kettle of fish to 15 months ago.

I am not sure Kyiv in 3 days was a good plan 15 months ago, but it wasn't that far off working. It was probably a 50/50 in all reality.
Its probably a 99% chance of failure now. I believe from last autumn onwards that area has been mined to hell, its difficult terrain anyway, and will have nicely zerod in arty etc.

I doubt they'd have taken Kyiv quickly - in a city like Kyiv even a few thousand fighters with prepared defences/stockpiles would have taken substantially larger forces to defeat than Russia had committed. Even today you need armies of the scale of WW2 to effectively siege somewhere like that.

I doubt they'd have taken Kyiv quickly - in a city like Kyiv even a few thousand fighters with prepared defences/stockpiles would have taken substantially larger forces to defeat than Russia had committed. Even today you need armies of the scale of WW2 to effectively siege somewhere like that.

So basically Belarus becomes an open target if they invade (which is basically what Wagner in charge of Belarus will attempt todo). Wagner replace the non-cooperative elements of the Belarus army.

From what I read Kiev was very close to falling. They took the airport and planned on flying in troops. My understanding was if the Russians had the whole invasion planned to be fast and efficient logistically it was have succeeded. Thankfully they were too slow

If they'd successfully secured Zelenskyy, would they have needed to siege the city? Or would they have just have installed their own government? Hard to say how Ukraine and Ukrainians would have reacted. They kicked out one corrupt Putinist puppet in 2014, after all.

So basically Belarus becomes an open target if they invade (which is basically what Wagner in charge of Belarus will attempt todo). Wagner replace the non-cooperative elements of the Belarus army.
That's why Putin has put nukes there in the last couple of weeks. This whole "coup" was a carefully staged plan.

Stage a coup, exile all the wagner troops to Belarus. Those troops then invade Kyiv and if Ukraine Himars Belarus, let the tactical nukes fly. Putin says nothing to do with us and Nato attacks Belarus. Putin wins (He is a master strategist)

Last edited:
From what I read Kiev was very close to falling. They took the airport and planned on flying in troops. My understanding was if the Russians had the whole invasion planned to be fast and efficient logistically it was have succeeded. Thankfully they were too slow
The whole plan relied on them taking Antonov airport on the first day which would have allowed them to fly in transporter aircraft that could carry heavy equipment but that was never going to work. After some initial success by the Russian airborne units Ukraine counter attacked with reinforcements (made up mostly volunteers from Georgia) using artillery and air cover, the artillery smashed up the runway and made it unusable. Russia captured the airport the next day thanks to their own reinforcements coming through from Belarus but it was to late, the handful of Il-76s that were meant to the land and deliver the armour ended up having to turn around (one was rumoured to have been shot down but I don't think there's any proof).

Slowness wasn't the problem, infact out of everything Russia tried in the early stages of the war the battle at Antonov was one thing they done with some degree of success. The problem was it just wasn't feasible, yo take a city the size of Kiev they would have need hundreds of IFV's and tanks so even if they have taken over the whole airport with the runway intact, Ukraine could have shelled any equipment that made it off the plane.

That is a lie. Bunker rat signed a law that they showed on tv and he spoke about it.

Last edited:
If they'd successfully secured Zelenskyy, would they have needed to siege the city? Or would they have just have installed their own government? Hard to say how Ukraine and Ukrainians would have reacted. They kicked out one corrupt Putinist puppet in 2014, after all.

My assumption is they planned to either 1) capture Zelensky or 2) see him flee.

Either would do, either would likely have seen Ukraine fall even if they put up some resistance for some time, IMO.
Its not capture the flag as such, but its not far off.

Should wagner attempt to go for Kyiv from belarus then its possible that ukraine could seek direct military intervention from allies.
After all wagner is a private company and not officially under the control of moscow attacking from a country thats not russia, arent they declared as a terrorist organisation too?

Should wagner attempt to go for Kyiv from belarus then its possible that ukraine could seek direct military intervention from allies.
After all wagner is a private company and not officially under the control of moscow attacking from a country thats not russia, arent they declared as a terrorist organisation too?
IMO the "allies" need to warn Belarus
You either ensure that they do not use your lands as a staging post, or accept these bases on your land will be considered hostile and we will neutralise them.

Belarus have got away with it once they should be warned in very strong terms a second till will not be acceptable.

Last edited:
They didnt take the airport for long, They were surprised at the amount of soldiers Ukraine had in the area at the time, thanks to the warnings from the CIA, Russian intelligence thought that it wasn't very well defended.

It was nothing to do with being to slow, after the initial attack on the airport it all went downhill for them.

The Russians did start flying in reinforcements in large numbers but Ukraine basically destroyed the runways so they couldn't land.

The Georgian legion were total hero's and without them the airport wold have been captured.

They say that if the Russians had successfully captured and secured the airport like they were supposed to Kiev would have fallen quickly.

That's why Putin has put nukes there in the last couple of weeks. This whole "coup" was a carefully staged plan.

Stage a coup, exile all the wagner troops to Belarus. Those troops then invade Kyiv and if Ukraine Himars Belarus, let the tactical nukes fly. Putin says nothing to do with us and Nato attacks Belarus. Putin wins (He is a master strategist)

If the tactical nuke is the queen, then it only prompts two options:
* a whoops moment as putin false flags a tactical nuke strike (by accident or by purpose).
* a tactical offensive at which point all the dirty suitcase bombs around the world will mysteriously go bang as putin gets on the front foot.

I foresee any use of tactical nukes will involve some lovely long range weapons releases within range of the kremlin.

I do see a way out. Wagner’s leader falls out of a window (perhaps missile assisted) at which point it’s clear russia is behind it.

That is a lie. Bunker rat signed a law that they showed on tv and he spoke about it.

The article says he backed an MoD order, Prigs says the order came from Shoigu, both statements can be true and don't contradict given Shoigu is one of the heads of the MoD

If they'd headshot Ukraine leadership in the initial hours would be a different situation again.

Agree, if a private mercenary army invaded Ukraine from Belarus then Carpet bombing a non Russian army in Ukraine territory is a no brainer. great chance to wipe out Wagner once and for all. Chase them back to Belarus with everything we have got!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom