Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the point - did he actually announce anything?
They’re probably all drink and laughing whilst the putin double is announcing from his earpiece like TaskMaster..

In seriousness I was expecting a littlw more but perhaps they are in such a confused state themselves they felt like they needed to say something which simply compounded it the confusion. Possibly putin signalling the CIA behind the scenes..

I know it's kinda triangular logic, but when you think about it, Wagner gave the Russian air force the highest daily losses in history and the Russian army were scared to engage them, yet Wagner were somewhat evenly matched against the Ukrainian army in Bakhmut, so it at least paints good odds for the Ukraine's offensive against the Russian army/air force. They should be in Crimea by July and Moscow by August xD

Russian Su-27s intercepted an RC-135 reconnaissance aircraft of the British Air Force over the Black Sea.
It's kind of comical that the thing I found most alarming about that headline is that we're now dependant on Boeing for our reconnaissance aircraft as well as our maritime patrol aircraft, austerity ftw /sigh

So "The Enforcer' youtube channel is saying that "Putin orders Prigozhin's arrest and breaks deal". Any truth in that statement?
I don’t think any deal was made public. Mind you the further putin publicly distances himself from Wagner the more deniability he has when they “acquire“ a nuke from belerus and use it on Kyiv,

Last edited:
Russian Federation style: Prigozhin goes rogue, Shoigu and Gerasimov become magicians and vanish, President Putin runs for St Petersberg, president of Belarus has to call Prigozhin because he won't answer the Kremlins calls, he convinces Prigozhin to turn around in exchange for guarantees.

USSR style: Prigozhin goes rogue, generals and the premier laugh, Prigozhin's wife has to call Prigozhin because he won't answer the Kremlins calls, she explains that she and their children plus the families of the other Wagner high ups are going to be fed to dogs unless Wagner surrender, Wagner high ups surrender, they're shot, their families are fed to dogs.

Considering how Putin tries so hard to act strong it's impressive how soft he and his regime are compared to their predecessors...

It's kind of comical that the thing I found most alarming about that headline is that we're now dependant on Boeing for our reconnaissance aircraft as well as our maritime patrol aircraft, austerity ftw /sigh

As opposed to what?

We couldn't re-wing our badly made, heavily modified (done poorly) 1950's era MR2/R1 airframes which had already proven to be past their prime and dangerous to fly before the 2006 crash of XV230 in Afghanistan. Personally I've extremely glad we didn't throw away money on re-winging obsolete and inherently dangerous Nimrods and have bought aircraft with multiple other users to share design and build costs, having a far larger supply pool to dip into etc.

Last edited:
Considering how Putin tries so hard to act strong it's impressive how soft he and his regime are compared to their predecessors...

Putin likes to portray an image domestically of being the people's president doing the will of the people, etc. that doesn't work if you are executing people with anti-aircraft guns for sport. Ultimately he is as ruthless as those of the USSR but for some reason goes the long way around to get there.

Is that even Putin? Or are we listening to one of his doubles reading a script.

I've been wondering with the last few statements - it almost looks like a deep fake but might just be compression artefacts, etc. the face doesn't seem to quite 100% match the motion of the rest and around the mouth there is sometimes warping like a texture on a stretching surface.

Ok, my crackpot theory. It's hard to think of any reason to justify why Wagner would have stopped, and what we've heard since.

One reason might be that, the coup was actually a success. Putin has been eliminated (either dead or locked in a dungeon somewhere).

With that objective achieved from inside the Kremlin, there was no point continuing moving the merc army into Moscow. Now, it's better to maintain the illusion that Putin is still in power by having his double reading whatever the puppet masters want him to say. This maintains constitutional stability and power over the country, until the elections in 24.

It's the only scenario that makes any logical sense to me

On another note Putin made "rhetorical" statements of taking Kyiv again recently, possibly to try and take the wind out of the counter-attack's sails, talk of Wagner relocating to Belarus not far from Kyiv, looks like Wagner assets being brought in from places like Africa, though given everything which has happened and it wouldn't need such theatrics either it seems a weird way of doing it I wouldn't rule out an intention, fully misguided or otherwise, of having a go at Kyiv again - contrary to what people often seem to think Putin rarely says stuff like this idly even if sometimes it takes a long time to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom