Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week in Russia, feels like I’ve watched a really bad movie, where they ran out of budget halfway through, yet instead of cancel the film - they just released what they had, directly onto vhs…

Last edited:
Interesting line of thought but the question is whether others in the regime wouldn't just continue the same trajectory and/or whether they'd be intimidated by Putin being bumped off - people like Lavrov if anything seem worse than Putin. Also the question as to how much of this is actually Putin or he is the face of a group of people - there have been a few claims 2-3 powerful people in Russia are actually the ones pulling the strings - but whenever I've looked into it the information is inconclusive at best.

By the sounds of it people are miffed at how it's gone so badly so it seems like a no-brainer for any replacement to want to enter negotiations even if previously very pro-invasion.

I think people are mostly joking when they say those kinds of things, though Russia does have form for people dying in mysterious ways.

Bit like if we were around during King Henry VIII's reign, people would be debating how long his wives keep their heads attached.
I get that :p but I imagine the post count of this thread would be halved if we removed all those “witty” posts, it’s mildly amusing the first time you hear it, however it becomes a catch phrase whenever somebody in the Russian army does anything remotely negative.

As a man with awful Dad humour, even I find it banal and unfunny :D

Last edited:
This week in Russia, feels like I’ve watched a really bad movie, where they ran out of budget halfway through, yet instead of cancel the film - they just released what they had, directly onto vhs…
It's like Rian Johnson movie subverting expectations just for the sake of it with no pay off and a dumb ending.

Tbh though Putin has exposed himself and allowed himself to look weak which is a bizzare thing to say about Putin given how much importance he places on keeping 'face' in such situations. There's probably a bunch of other numpties/despots in the Russian regime looking at this and thinking if they stand up to Putin and the government what can they get out him.

either way..... They turned on their own side and shot down aircraft presumably killing some people in the process. They were called out for being traitors and told they would face harsh punishments.

however you slice it that is pretty messed up, and even more so now they are supposedly back on team Russia again.

could you imagine if that happened to our army? I realise it would mean the loss of a capable fighting unit but i would not want our military letting that kind of thing go.

Last edited:
For all the talk about Aleksandr Lukashenko being a Putin puppet it's worth considering that if Putin needs to flee from Russia the first place he's likely to move to is Belarus which will mean Lukashenko will be playing the roll of protector to both Putin and Prigozhin at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom