Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Girkin says Medvedev was too drunk to be able to flee Moscow
It's interesting that Medvedev stayed in Moscow while Putin and others were running, then after Wagner stood down he flew to Oman for unknown reasons.

As Russia's previous president his name would have been very high on the list of those likely to replace Putin had Wagner's rebellion plan not been discovered by the FSB, it's possible he was even in on it.

Unlikely we'll know until he returns to Russia (depending on the quality of window safety in Oman of course).

I don't see putin approving this

Some Russian politicians are trying to pass a new law which bans the family members of politicians and high ranking military officials from entering countries on Russia's unfriendly list. This law is to stop Russian officials families from going to live in the West drinking cocktails while poor Russians die in ditches

Pylons taken from Tornadoes are being used for storm shadow in ukraine (May have been taken from decommissioned planes or spare parts)

Interesting. I figured they were doing something like that to allow them to mate with the old Russian aircraft. Makes sense to move the entire pylon rather than try to adapt the exiting ones.

Last edited:
Gotta wonder what will happen or has happened to Kadyrov too... rumours earlier that he's not too well.

Something in his tea perhaps?
Isnt kadyrov the ultimate Putin loyalist? he was the one running to his aid to put down Wagners insurrection.

If he is targeted I cant see it being Putin

Where are the sanctions again Shell?
Another record quarterly payment announced soon

Shell are making absolutely insane profits right now every quarter, they wont want to stop that anytime soon.

They may have to be forced to stop because I cant see them doing it willingly.

Last edited:
A lot of talk about Ukraine joining NATO going on right about now

Here's the thing, they cant join whilst at war, but As Russia has never declared war, calling it a "special military operation" could that be a mean they could be accepted now.

The Rest of NATO are discussing them joining soon but I wonder if a loophole like the fact they aren't actually officially at war could be discussed on this point.

There will be push back from Hungry though as that muppet Orban will Veto it special military operation or not.

A lot of talk about Ukraine joining NATO going on right about now

Here's the thing, they cant join whilst at war, but As Russia has never declared war, calling it a "special military operation" could that be a mean they could be accepted now.

The Rest of NATO are discussing them joining soon but I wonder if a loophole like the fact they aren't actually officially at war could be discussed on this point.

There will be push back from Hungry though as that muppet Orban will Veto it special military operation or not.
I really don't see that happening. Turkey would also veto it and I suspect a number of European nations also would.

At the end of the day, if some NATO members want to become active participants in the war, they don't need to get Ukraine into NATO first. I don't really see that happening either though.

Whilst I dont see any realistic moves for Ukraine to join NATO whilst they are in a conflict and dont have full control over its borders/regions. I dont even think it will be a fast process like we seen with Finland if they do actually regain control of all occupied territory.
I dont see Turkey being the main barrier to ascension. Hungary will be the issue, Orban is in Putins pocket. No doubt there will be initial pushback from Turkey, however, a bit of pressure with the addition of some sort of incentive/some sort of deal will likely win them over.

Whilst I dont see any realistic moves for Ukraine to join NATO whilst they are in a conflict and dont have full control over its borders/regions. I dont even think it will be a fast process like we seen with Finland if they do actually regain control of all occupied territory.
I dont see Turkey being the main barrier to ascension. Hungary will be the issue, Orban is in Putins pocket. No doubt there will be initial pushback from Turkey, however, a bit of pressure with the addition of some sort of incentive/some sort of deal will likely win them over.

And problem is Russia can keep creating minor border issues constantly with little risk in reality.

NATO for sure do face some challenges (as do the EU due to the same parties).

As we have seen in the UK how disruptive a leader can be and how quickly.

The symbolism here

Hungary can leave NATO for all I care. The EU too.

Last edited:
The symbolism here

Hungary can leave NATO for all I care. The EU too.
Hungary should be booted out of both.

The problem is the lack of a mechanism to do it.

The EU has strict rules on entry that ensure countries joining are free democracies with low corruption but no system for kicking a country out when that's no longer the case.

I don't think NATO has any mechanism for removing a nation either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom