Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
That will eventually hit the black sea, which would annoy countries which are on the fence at the moment.

"Ukraine managed to penetrate our protective explosives with Stormshadows, look at the wreckage proof we found here tomorrow"

I think Russia will do it, scorched earth is the number one choice. A few even more annoyed contries won't stop Putin, it would have to be something big?

"Ukraine managed to penetrate our protective explosives with Stormshadows, look at the wreckage proof we found here tomorrow"

I think Russia will do it, scorched earth is the number one choice. A few even more annoyed contries won't stop Putin, it would have to be something big?

Poland are looking for any reason to enter this conflict, if Poland enter Russia is done in Ukraine.

I think it's shameful of the EU to carry on as normal when such horrors are occurring just over a border. Here we are about to host Russians at a tennis competition, the other week back a massive music festival at Glastonbury...life seemingly going on as normal. Over the border, 700k children kidnapped, torture, rape, castration, targeting of civilians, ecocide and now the threat of radiation poisoning for them and depending on the wind direction us. It's just EU wide cowardice and we should all be ashamed of ourselves like those indifferent Russians.

If Putin feels that a dirty bomb is needed, then his current situation is much weaker than Russia is letting on, and he most likely cannot afford to encourage other countries to start direct military action against him.

Wagner already exposed how thinly spread Russia's military is when they took a road trip, out in the open, to Moscow with relative ease.

Last edited:
I think it's shameful of the EU to carry on as normal when such horrors are occurring just over a border. Here we are about to host Russians at a tennis competition, the other week back a massive music festival at Glastonbury...life seemingly going on as normal. Over the border, 700k children kidnapped, torture, rape, castration, targeting of civilians, ecocide and now the threat of radiation poisoning for them and depending on the wind direction us. It's just EU wide cowardice and we should all be ashamed of ourselves like those indifferent Russians.

If Hitler had nukes he would have just been allowed to get on with it. We harp on in history lessons about Hitler, yet completely ignore what goes on in countries like Russia, China etc. Unfortunately after WW2 the west lost the taste for war again, at least on such a scale. Churchill was right about the threat posed by Russia, but no one wanted to act and such action was lost with that generation. Whether this is a good or a bad thing? We prefer empty words these days.

It wouldn’t bother me quite so much if we had actually sent what was needed from the start, but the west dithered, led by the US that wants to drag this out. Despite such mass terrorism we still can’t give what’s needed. We still love Russian money too, it’s rife in London.

Last edited:
I shouldn't have gone to Glastonbury because Russia invaded Ukraine?

If Hitler had nukes he would have just been allowed to get on with it. We harp on in history lessons about Hitler, yet completely ignore what goes on in countries like Russia, China etc. Unfortunately after WW2 the west lost the taste for war again, at least on such a scale. Churchill was right about the threat posed by Russia, but no one wanted to act and such action was lost with that generation. Whether this is a good or a bad thing? We prefer empty words these days.

It wouldn’t bother me quite so much if we had actually sent what was needed from the start, but the west dithered, led by the US that wants to drag this out. Despite such mass terrorism we still can’t give what’s needed. We still love Russian money too, it’s rife in London.

IMO the dithering was constant thoughts of what if we send loads of gear and Ukraine folds.
As time passes by, as they gain confidence in Ukraine not folding they open up the taps more and more.

Realistically there isn't much left now that realistically they will let Ukraine have that isn't already being supplied.

The only change I can see now is if, and its a really big if, a NATO member was to get involved then by default a lot of the state of the art equipment would end up in the theatre anyway. So maybe a few more advanced latest tech could be supplied.

IMO the dithering was constant thoughts of what if we send loads of gear and Ukraine folds.
As time passes by, as they gain confidence in Ukraine not folding they open up the taps more and more.

Realistically there isn't much left now that realistically they will let Ukraine have that isn't already being supplied.

The only change I can see now is if, and its a really big if, a NATO member was to get involved then by default a lot of the state of the art equipment would end up in the theatre anyway. So maybe a few more advanced latest tech could be supplied.

Whether Ukraine might fold and the potential for escalation with Russia and/or the impact it might have on trade and other stuff some countries were and in some cases still are involved with, with Russia i.e. retribution for sending support to Ukraine.

Sadly I think the West is going to settle in the longer run for just doing whatever to delay, at the cost to Ukraine, so as to keep the inconvenience at bay in the hope it eventually goes away of its own accord :( if we are lucky in that context Russia might be so drained in the years to come it can't replay the same kind of thing and/or enough time passed there is regime change as the older guard dies off depending on by who and how they are replaced.

Does concern me though we aren't preparing enough if this does slowly spiral - while unlikely what if China say sent a couple of million troops to reinforce Russia while opening a front with Taiwan? we are hideously under-prepared for that and can't rely on being able to respond and build up supplies, etc. in time, leaving the only realistic option defensive use of nukes. Also China seems to be getting more and more frustrated with Russia, I suspect they went along with it thinking this would all be over quite quickly one way or another and that under Russia would see a continuation of their interests in Ukraine, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom