Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not true. The problem with cluster munitions isn't the way they kill the people they're targetting, it's the way the leave the area littered with explosives that then kill or maim civilians, potentially long after the fact. They have a particularly bad record for maiming and killing children. There's a reason over a hundred countries, the UK included, have banned their use and stockpiling by international treaty.

What a load of complete bull. There are far more people who were condemning Russia for its use of these weapons who have become silent now.

Russia was condemned because it committed a war crime when it used vacuum bombs and cluster munitions on civilian populated residential areas and even recorded, posted videos online and bragged about it. Ukraine has done no such thing and has signed a document saying it will only use cluster munitions on open fields where russian trenches are

To try and equate these things is misleading at best, and propaganda at worst

The only thing that has become silent is some people here's brains, they have selective memory and Stockholm syndrome

Last edited:
Every explosive device can fail so it's not unique to bomblets and by now there's so much unexploded ordnance after many months of multiple hundreds of thousands of rounds being flung across the front that the distinction basically doesn't exist.

We're still finding bombs from 80 years ago that could easily kill dozens of people, when does it become a war crime exactly?

I linked an article. As it says for many of the tanks they are a standard part of the equipment.

They wont have used many as there haven't really been tank on tank battles.

Putin stated... about as trustworthy and reliable as Trump don't forget
You mean the article you linked that says:

"There is currently no concrete evidence of Russia using DU in Ukraine"

DU hasn't been used in Ukraine by Russia, which will probably change once the Challengers are used.

Oh really? DU shells are standard armour-piercing shells for the Russian deployed T-80BV and would obviously be the best shell for tank-on-tank fights. Russian media also reported that T-72s and T-90s were being upgraded for its use in 2018. So why wouldn't they use them against Ukrainian armour? It's not like they have any ethical objections?

Putin stated a few weeks ago that they haven't been used so far (but will be once challengers are doing so)

And you believe him? LOL

The thing is, the leftie media such as the BBC only seem to be reporting cluster munitions = bad, as they could result in future casualties, such as civilian ones. They negate to mention that not supplying them would likely prolong the war, also resulting in casualties. On balance the longer a foreign force such as Russia and its mercenaries are occupying part of Ukraine, who knows how many more war crimes they'll commit.
People in comfy, safe countries taking the virtuous high ground while another country fights for it's very survival drives me up the wall. If the barbarians were at the gates they would be the first ones call for cluster bombs to used if it meant the difference between living and dieing.

Last edited:
People in comfy, safe countries taking the virtuous high ground while another country fights for it's very survival drives me up the wall. If the barbarians were at the gates they would be the first ones call for cluster bombs to used if it meant the difference between living and dieing.

Plenty here would let them in.

I would go back to again, if you have pertinent and real world experience then bring it. I am sure I am not the only one who would really appreciate that.

When I do I just get complaints from people like you over the words I use so why bother? Why waste another 30 minutes of my life writing yet another detailed post on weapons and/or their employment/tactics after my last multi-paragraphed technically researched and with references provided post, which explained the use of cluster munitions on dug-in troops, was simply dismissed over the word "moist" :rolleyes:

Time for a break again.

Last edited:
I happen to think we and Ukraine are better than the Russians. You?
Tell that to the mothers and fathers whos kids are being killed in their sleep because Russia is still indiscriminately targeting residential areas with missiles.

Cluster munitions are ok with me, if you play by the Queensberry rules your going to die.

Last edited:
You mean the article you linked that says:

"There is currently no concrete evidence of Russia using DU in Ukraine"

And then

"There is currently no concrete evidence of Russia using DU in Ukraine, but it "would be incongruous if they're not using it," de Bretton-Gordon said. DU rounds are a "key part of their armory," he added."

Your choosing to believe Putin.

When I do I just get complaints from people like you over the words I use so why bother? Why waste another 30 minutes of my life writing yet another detailed post on weapons and/or their employment/tactics after my last multi-paragraphed technically researched and with references provided post, which explained the use of cluster munitions on dug-in troops, was simply dismissed over the word "moist" :rolleyes:

Time for a break again.

Your post was not simply dismissed about the point about moist at all.

Do we all have to clap and applaud or something?

But if its time for a self imposed break enjoy.
See you next time. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom