Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to adapt. The Bayraktars were too easy a target I believe.
They were ideal when Russia had those long convoys at the start of the war as Russia didn't bother/couldn't deploy it's anti aircraft systems to protect those long columns but that all changed once Russia switched tactics in April and went with a more conventional Soviet strategy of smashing everything with artilary and cover the batteries with anti air defence.

They were ideal when Russia had those long convoys at the start of the war as Russia didn't bother/couldn't deploy it's anti aircraft systems to protect those long columns but that all changed once Russia switched tactics in April and went with a more conventional Soviet strategy of smashing everything with artilary and cover the batteries with anti air defence.

Exactly. Now with major battle lines, they don't have enough stand off range to avoid being taken out I believe. I am sure they have there uses still, but a lot of it is taken care of by himars/artillery. Definitely good to have a options though.

They are going to be using these cluster munitions in areas that are heavily mined Those mine fields will need to be cleared and the unexploded bomblets can be cleared at the same time. If these munitions help Ukraine make progress and save Ukrainian forces lives then it is a no brainer. Clean up is something for when they've won.

The 21st mech brigade with some Swedish CV90 IFVs / APCs are apparently being brought up to the front and could probably be seeing real combat soon, they have been treating them as posh taxis until now.
So I assume they will all be knocked out by mines and artillery soon.

I'm certainly uncomfortable with the use of cluster munitions, and hope it's not a slippery slope to even more horrible weapons being used.
There is zero chance of it becomming a slippery slope.

You see while the media are going crazy right now about the US announcing that they will supply cluster munitions to Ukraine, the US have actually been supplying cluster munitions to Ukraine for over a year (as covered in this thread).

All they are doing now is cutting out the middle men (I.E Turkey) and supplying directly.

Yes I daresay we would be using cluster munitions if we had an invading force on the UK mainland.
To add some extra perspective to this for those not versed in military history, WW2 took place after the 1930 ban on the use of chemical and biological weapons (hence why Germany didn't use theirs, even to defend Berlin).

However that didn't stop the UK from forming chemical weapons units during the battle of Britain and stationing them near likely beachheads with orders to liquify any German troops attempting a landing.

It's very easy to say "ooh we'd never do something like that" about a heinous act, while not being in a position even remotely likely to warrant doing it, but it's a lot harder to say it when your back's to the wall.

Yes, but, the Ukrainians are choosing to use it inside their own country. Their decision. Their responsibility to clear the mess up later.

I mean, lets face it, there are probably thousands of Russian mines to clear anyway
Yes, but, the Ukrainians are choosing to use it inside their own country. Their decision. Their responsibility to clear the mess up later.

I mean, lets face it, there are probably thousands of Russian mines to clear anyway.

More likely tens if not hundreds of thousands. I read they have mined an area the size of Florida.

I mean, lets face it, there are probably thousands of Russian mines to clear anyway

More likely tens if not hundreds of thousands. I read they have mined an area the size of Florida.

A good point.

The Russians really don't care if they litter ground they are losing with unexploded ordnance.

Oh really? DU shells are standard armour-piercing shells for the Russian deployed T-80BV and would obviously be the best shell for tank-on-tank fights. Russian media also reported that T-72s and T-90s were being upgraded for its use in 2018. So why wouldn't they use them against Ukrainian armour? It's not like they have any ethical objections?

And you believe him? LOL
I asked if he had seen any evidence, the response was an article that specifically said there isn't any evidence of their use. Do you have anything to add other than something you just pulled from Wikipedia?

I won't post the link as there is swearing in the subtitles but the Ukrainian Security Services got in on a Zoom call where women collaborators were talking about kidnapping children to send to Russia. I'd bring back public hanging for that crime and I'm anti capital punishment. I hope they are all caught and rot in prison for the rest of their days.

I won't post the link as there is swearing in the subtitles but the Ukrainian Security Services got in on a Zoom call where women collaborators were talking about kidnapping children to send to Russia. I'd bring back public hanging for that crime and I'm anti capital punishment. I hope they are all caught and rot in prison for the rest of their days.

They seem to be doing this regularly (breaching zoom).
It almost starts to make me wonder if somehow zoom are assisting.

Russia is unhappy with Turkey, with Z bots on telegram spamming messages saying they got stabbed in the back and they want Turkey to be nuked

Why?

1) Turkey has just released the Azovstal POWs to Ukraine; the agreement Turkey had with Russia is that it would hold these POWs until the end of the war, but Turkey said screw it and flew them out

2) Turkey's President has said he approves of Ukraine joining NATO

Last edited:
Russia is unhappy with Turkey, with Z bots on telegram spamming messages saying they got stabbed in the back and they want Turkey to be nuked

Why?

1) Turkey has just released the Azovstal POWs to Ukraine; the agreement Turkey had with Russia is that it would hold these POWs until the end of the war, but Turkey said screw it and flew them out

2) Turkey's President has said he approves of Ukraine joining NATO

The world is waking up to the fact Nato/USA are using their B-team with some juniors and it's beating Russias entire football league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom