Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would seem that you don't feel the need for the West/Nato to get involved and that is your opinion. Personally, having been in and out of Ukraine for nearly 10 years, I am somewhat emotionally involved.

I don't believe we have much choice but to help. Leaving Ukraine to RU sets a precedent - RU moves to another country, we do nothing? At what point do we do something?

The West/Nato coming together to help Ukraine has also been a useful demonstration to China that even though our politicians fight like cat and dog, we have coalesced around helping Ukraine.

I've said this before, but I have no doubt Xi Ping has made it absolutely clear that any use of nukes in Ukraine would see RU entirely on its own. I was deeply concerned by the use of nukes at the start of the year but now I don't see it happening.

As for cluster munitions, as unsavory as they are, they will help break lines for Ukraine to take the advantage and push RU back.

Whatever Ukraine needs to win, they should have it.

Keeping Ukraine supplied with enough artillery shells is a tall order. Sending cluster munitions helps with the supply. I honestly think the supply of shells was getting so tight, the supply of cluster shells was needed to fill the gaps.

The Russian military is more than happy to drop white phosphorus on civilians. I think we can cut the Ukraine some slack for lobbing some cluster shells at Russian front lines that should never have been formed in the first place.

Last edited:
Mr Girkin is in a bit of a pickle.

Was only a matter of time; the guy has spent months talking **** about the Russian leadership and military, which is all illegal under Russian law but the punishment for first time prosecutions isn't that severe, so they're gonna charge him with something to shut him up for good. Stay away from windows

Last edited:
It would seem that you don't feel the need for the West/Nato to get involved and that is your opinion. Personally, having been in and out of Ukraine for nearly 10 years, I am somewhat emotionally involved.

I don't believe we have much choice but to help. Leaving Ukraine to RU sets a precedent - RU moves to another country, we do nothing? At what point do we do something? [..]

That reminded me of a scene I was fairly sure I remembered from the TV series "Yes, Minister" from the 1980s. Some of the exact details of the TV series show their age now, but it's still a very good fit to modern politics. Replace "West Germany" with "Crimea" in this scene from the series and it works well enough.

We're then at the point that Russia are losing the war that badly its looking an existential threat to Russia itself, Putin's last desperate effort is to try and use strategic nuclear weapons - does the network around him (down to the person turning the key) follow his instructions knowing the consequences to themselves and their country or do they turn on Putin and remove him.

I'd like to think there's enough not bat**** crazy people in the system to prevent nuclear armageddon, if not, oh well we'll just have to say "I told you the MAD principle was stupid" :p

What would actually happen is another matter but the people in the system are generally chosen for their loyalty and obedience and depending on circumstances might not even know if it was the real thing or a test. I wouldn't depend on them to prevent it.

People higher up in Putin's regime, including Putin, though haven't gone bat**** crazy though they aren't going to just lob nukes about on a whim.

I think Putin wants a reaction from the peoples of other countries. If he forces inflation to happen again, forces countries in to starvation, then I guess he is hoping to turn the people in the West against the war.
Truth is the only countries he's going to starve is mostly the poorest African countries which have absolutely nothing to do with the war but for some reason despite him starving them tend to support Putin.

It will of course take a lot of money away from Ukraine but tbh its not as big a problem because of the amount of weapons the west supply them with.

So Putin will starve millions for no real reason other than spite.

To summarize, Ukraine are taking what Russia have done and said and also applying it to ships destined for Russia. I.e. Russia get screwed by their own grain deal pullout as well.
They are going to have to attack a few to let it sink in (see what I did there)

If the sink a couple of Russian ships it would completely close the Black see, this would impact Russia a lot more than Ukraine.

The only reason for Ukraine was to get the grain out, now that thats not possible there is no reason to let the Russians have free reign in the area.

Last edited:
Last edited:
For those thinking that Trump can come in a fix this in 24 hours, I would really like to know how.

He cuts Putin a deal that lets him keep territory? If that settled this for good then it might be worth contemplating, but we are clearly faced with a deranged and very dangerous person. He isn’t stoping until he’s stoped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom