Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
You now wonder if Russia going to attack Ukraine ships in response now I guess it coming.
They'll respond, whether that's trying to take out a ship or just lobbing a load of missiles at a city remains to be seen.
Personally I'd prefer both sides just went for each others military if they have to shoot at each other.
The last thing the world needs is a load of oil tankers going down.

Last edited:
They'll respond, whether that's trying to take out a ship or just lobbing a load of missiles at a city remains to be seen.
Personally I'd prefer both sides just went for each others military if they have to shoot at each other.
The last thing the world needs is a load of oil tankers going down.
It would be rather apt, oil tankers going down in the Black Sea. Better to hit the refinery's. Where are "Just Stop Oil" when you need them lol

I mentioned this issue a couple times already. Several months ago a few ukranian pilots went to the US to start training using F16 simulator training rigs and they really struggled because their English reading skills were not at the level required to use the F16's avionics

And mastery of the F16's systems is crucial because it's a multi role fighter and so pilots are expected to be to fulfill multiple mission objectives as well coming up with solutions to unforeseen events. For example an F16 may be expected to fly towards Russian positions, get a lock on their radar and launches harms, before the pilot needs to drop Jdams on Russians but before he can do that, an SU-35 has just appeared on radar moving towards the F16 and now the pilot needs to change the plane into its air combat mode so you can get a lock and fire some air to air missiles at the sukhoi before switching back to ground attack to support to ground troops's offensive

Last edited:
Yeah, if you’re going to hit a tanker like that, hitting it toward the stern is the best idea, as not only will you breach the hull, but also flood the engine room, destroy the steering gear and propellers, so even if you don’t succeed in sinking the ship, you’ve crippled it, and at best it’s a lengthy, complicated and expensive repair in dry dock, or the ship’s a write off, as it’d be more expensive to repair it than build a new one.

It would be rather apt, oil tankers going down in the Black Sea. Better to hit the refinery's. Where are "Just Stop Oil" when you need them lol
"Just Stop Oil" going be really pleased Ukraine found a way to stop it :cry:

Lets hope is doesn't give them crazy just the oil people ideas :eek:

Last edited:
Yeah, if you’re going to hit a tanker like that, hitting it toward the stern is the best idea, as not only will you breach the hull, but also flood the engine room, destroy the steering gear and propellers, so even if you don’t succeed in sinking the ship, you’ve crippled it, and at best it’s a lengthy, complicated and expensive repair in dry dock, or the ship’s a write off, as it’d be more expensive to repair it than build a new one.

Pffft, what do you know? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom