Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its on Reddit but not seen it on any trusted Twitter accounts yet.
The original source was a Facebook post but it was all in Ukrainian, I was going to het her in doors to translate it for me (I don't trust Google's conversion) but that meant getting her of the sofa which is a mission and half at the best of times. Would be better if there was a Germany source to confirm this but it's likely on the cards.

Watched a short video showing a Russian soldier trying to fire an rpg but he held the tube in a weird way, so that the rear of the tube was pressed against his shoulder

So when he fired the back blast hit his shoulder... yeah you can picture that

Watched a short video showing a Russian soldier trying to fire an rpg but he held the tube in a weird way, so that the rear of the tube was pressed against his shoulder

So when he fired the back blast hit his shoulder... yeah you can picture that
There seems to be quite a bit of that, Russia pressing completely unready and untrained troops to the front just to bodies out there and expecting the experienced men to do the training whilst on the job. There was a video a couple of weeks ago with some kid trying to use a mortar and very nearly killed his whole squad when he tried to put the shell the wrong way around into the tube.

There seems to be quite a bit of that, Russia pressing completely unready and untrained troops to the front just to bodies out there and expecting the experienced men to do the training whilst on the job. There was a video a couple of weeks ago with some kid trying to use a mortar and very nearly killed his whole squad when he tried to put the shell the wrong way around into the tube.

Oof. Fins first comrade, fins first. Now beast yourself around the minefield for the boy’s amusement.

Classic Russian tactics, use up enemy ammunition and overwhelm them with numbers, it’s not a terrible strategy if you don’t give a toss about your people and have little combat equipment, especially when you give up with the offensive and dig in. No wonder they’ve managed to mine and dig trenches so effectively.

I used to live in H.K, and our boat took a look around the Carl Vinson which was moored there at the time, and they have Gatling's everywhere, nothing would get close in. The signs say 500m, I imagine it is way beyond that.
Drones are now underwater too, I doubt they will see them in time.

We saw the Russians destroying surface ones on at least two occasions they got 1 successful hit that destroyed their top flagship and just recently left another very badly damaged with no chance of it being repaired. That's the best part of 2 billion dollars lost to drones

There is nothing that prevents a criminal being president. The only qualifcations are resident in American for over 14 years and over 35 years old. Don't even have to reside in the White House. Technically there is nothing barring him being president from a prison cell
But if he's President he will just pardon himself, its never been done before but there is no precedent for it so it will be for the supreme court to decide.

Common sense and decency? Yea right that will definitely stop him from pardoning himself as hes a beacon of common sence and decency.

Was talking about the nation electing a criminal as President while he was imprisoned.

Anyway this is a Ukraine thread. Much more important than what Donald Trump is doing this week.

Last edited:

Because the west has dithered in sending what’s needed and continues to do so.

I don't know how long it will take until the reality sinks in - if Ukraine is to make serious ground then the West needs to get spinning up production and supply of stuff like the AS-90, modernised Gepard or equivalent, speed up getting tanks in there which can out-range the stuff Russia typically uses, etc. and the ammo to support them. Ukraine needs to be able to beat Russia using sophistication to overcome where Russia has an advantage in terms of attrition, etc.

Russia might have been hit hard in terms of military equipment, but they still have plenty of potential to grow into this war and it seems like as time goes on sanctions are becoming less effective as inevitably more companies find ways to pay lip service while going around them, etc. etc. there is still concerning ability for Russia to grind through Ukraine and become a concern for wider European peace and security and very little reason for them not to unless the people of Russia get fed up enough of the situation to push back against Putin and I really don't see that happening.

EDIT: And yes they lost a lot of their most experienced and best training personnel in the early months of the war - but they are also developing a new batch of battle tested soldiers out of those who survive the war so far and ultimately no amount of peacetime training beats the experiences learnt in actual war.

Last edited:
Russias budget plan to prop up the finances by using excess oil profits won't work due to the weak ruble

Russia has been taking excess oil profits for the last decade, it usually uses the profits to buy foreign currency which it the holds for a rainy day, like this war. Their $600billion assets were of course frozen and for this financial year they were planning to use excess profits to plug holes in the government budget

But due to the weak Ruble they won't be seeing the money they need and will have to offset this by trying to raise more debt from their population or by selling their gold reserves (Russia has $70 billion of gold they can sell to raise money, this gold will be gone in 1 year to plug all the budget holes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom