Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Challenger looks a bit silly with that metal cage on it but then again Ukrainian's are use to driving with the hatch open for better visibility on thier existing tanks. I would have thought the hunter-killer system would have made that unnecessary but I guess old habits die hard.
Probably stripped out with everything else. We've basically given Ukraine empty shells...

Have USA and Germany made any statements on how they see the end of the war? Are they going to support Ukraine all the way to freeing Crimea, or just help stop any further Russian advances?

Have USA and Germany made any statements on how they see the end of the war? Are they going to support Ukraine all the way to freeing Crimea, or just help stop any further Russian advances?

Both are somewhat vague on purpose

the US position is: We're going to support Ukraine for as long as it takes and Crimea is Ukraine

And while that sounds good, it's actually a vague statement because it doesn't state any actual goals for when support will stop and could mean that support can end at any time or it also could mean USA will continue to help Ukraine for the next 20 years (that doesn't mean 20 years of war but could be 20 years of nation building support to get them ready for joining the EU and NATO)

Last edited:

I don't know all the ways they are getting stuff, but there are several companies, in some cases fronts, in South American countries which are buying stuff, often from Ireland, and sending it to Russia and/or Iran. (Also front companies in the likes of Turkey, UAE, etc. but they are better known).

Weren't they taking chips out of consumer electronics?

That as well, some domestic appliances literally do have sensors (such as MEMS) which can be used for ballistic missiles albeit with some adaption required and/or loss of performance and/or accuracy.

Last edited:
Would that cage help against a Lancet?
Depends on where the Lancet hit but I've seen videos of a Lancet hitting T-80's and Panzerhaubitze 2000's and either doing very little damage or no damage at all. On a Challenger I can't see a Lancet getting through the armour (unless they significantly increase the warhead but that adds extra weight and the Lancet is pretty slow as it is) but it could likely damage the hunter killer system (if it hasn't already been striped out), optical sights, machine guns etc. So long as the hatch is such the crew should be safe.

I would be more interested to see how the C2 fairs against the Kornet missile but Kornet seems to be MIA in this conflict (in 2014 it was causing a lot problems).

Last edited:
I see this has gone down as well as expected with the Ukranians. Unfortunately I can see this being the price...

Depends on where the Lancet hit but I've seen videos of a Lancet hitting T-80's and Panzerhaubitze 2000's and either doing very little damage or no damage at all. On a Challenger I can't see a Lancet getting through the armour (unless they significantly increase the warhead but that adds extra weight and the Lancet is pretty slow as it is) but it could likely damage the hunter killer system (if it hasn't already been striped out), optical sights, machine guns etc. So long as the hatch is such the crew should be safe.

I would be more interested to see how the C2 fairs against the Kornet missile but Kornet seems to be MIA in this conflict (in 2014 it was causing a lot problems).
Kornet footage seems rare compared to the almost daily multiple Stugna uploads. The Stugna has performed fantastically at a glance (obviously they'll be a lot of bias regarding what gets uploaded). It seems very consistent in creating an epic turret toss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom