Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruble turns to rubble. The situation reminds of when I started my first job as a trainee accountant which was working at a small company that sold on-hold messages for telephone systems. The owner (my boss) had foolishly been talked into signing up to this scheme called ‘Barter Card’ which used trade pounds as it’s currency instead of real £’s (the conversation rate was meant to 1 for 1). I’m not sure when it twigged on him but he suddenly found their was a huge demand for his companies products and services when trading on this Barter Card scheme when ordinarily it required a lot of effort to sign up new customers. We had thousands of ‘Barter Pounds’ at one point but when it came to spending them it was a struggle, the existing members all wanted out and anyone who would be willing to accept Barter pounds was charging massively inflated prices.

It’s on another scale and it’s not quite the same but there are parallels between the situation with ruble and the situation my old boss got himself into. Nobody is going to want to trade in rubles because there is nothing to spend it on in-terms of add value goods, access to high tech products, cars, chemicals, medicines, advanced manufacturing machinery etc is all done in $. In the short terms Russia’s central bank can raise interest rates which will help for while, but it doesn’t fix the fundamental problems driving long terms issues with supply and demand. A country that has been too reliant on selling low end goods (gas and oil) and too little investment in building up other sectors of it’s economy, Russians are quite literally paying the price for living under autocrat for the past 25 years.

A genuine question here. I thought to buy Russian oil and gas you had to pay in Rubles. Surely that creates a market for Rubles with foreign currencies to buy oil and gas?

yes that's what Russia is doing atm, asking for payment in rubles

But no one wants rubles, so most foreign countries told Russia to F off. It's mainly India and China still happily trading their crap, but that doesn't help Russia much because most foreign countries also don't want the Yuan and Rupee because both are also waste of time currency - Russia has now accumulated a large quantity of Rupees from India and they can't do anything with it lmao

Last edited:
Bulgarian nationals suspected to be spying for Russia
charges are unclear

Didn't they put a "russian spy" label on some guys placing Wagner stickers in Poland? Top spy work
Do not underestimate the power of stochastic sedition, there are plenty of morons who long for the return of the violent embrace of the USSR.

These spies should be put to death.

Last edited:
Bulgarian nationals suspected to be spying for Russia
charges are unclear

Didn't they put a "russian spy" label on some guys placing Wagner stickers in Poland? Top spy work
Nothing says a spy has to be a national of the country they're spying for. There's obvious benefits of not being a Russian national whilst spying for Russia.

Last edited:
Nothing says a spy has to be a national of the country they're spying for. There's obvious benefits of not being a Russian national whilst spying for Russia.
Exactly. History tells us some of the best Russian spies were not Russian nationals at all. In fact the best Russian spies have been British and American nationals.

As long as you're ok with Russia putting Brits in Russia to death and claiming they were spies. It's tit for tat in that world.
They're own ******* fault for going to Russia in the first place.

When are we going to act, hmm? When they've sabotaged our nuclear arsenal? With the questionable behaviour that pervades Faslane I'm not quite as comfortable saying that this is an impossibility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom