Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I will fully admit to not knowing much about this

But I have a question since Russia has taken control of these two areas can NATO not hand document to Ukraine and rush through membership so then they have the full backing and force of NATO?

Soldato
Permabanned

Fortunately the US don't agree with your take on this so called nothing burger

Germany not happy too

Sigh, again. Look at sanction contents. It bans trading with LNR and DNR and people from there dealing with anything. These are absolutely toothless sanctions that have been there since 2015. You were not allowed to trade with DNR or LNR since 2015.

But it works because people like you just buy into it. Whatever that keeps peace, i dont care.

Soldato
Pathetic sanctions, as expected a limp wristed response.

Let's not punish Putin and company, let's just put pointless sanctions on the Ukrainian areas conquered.

WTF.

Permabanned
Pathetic sanctions, as expected a limp wristed response.

Let's not punish Putin and company, let's just put pointless sanctions on the Ukrainian areas conquered.

WTF....

Exactly, please explain this to Minusorange. These sanctions are toothless because this is 2014 news. These sanctions are zero new to that what was already in 2014.

Soldato
I will fully admit to not knowing much about this

But I have a question since Russia has taken control of these two areas can NATO not hand document to Ukraine and rush through membership so then they have the full backing and force of NATO?

So that NATO can have a war with Russia? What would be NATO's incentive to do that?

Soldato
Apparently the border checkpoint thing is the same excuse Germany used for invading Poland.
Hang on, has anybody checked if Germany has amassed troops ready to invade the west of Ukraine?

or maybe they are just training exercises like he said and everybody else is just behaving like idiots.
You don't mobilise nearly half your army along the border of a non hostile nation as part of an "exercise" no nation in history has ever done that. You do it for two reaosns, either you plan to invade or you plan to use the threat of invasion to extort your victim (I.E agree to never join NATO or it's the blitzkrieg for you). This is why they should be sanctioned now with either additional sanctions if they invade or sanctions removed if they withdraw.

Permabanned
US to ban trade with breakaway regions

After a wave of condemnation, there are signs of a concrete response to Russia's announcement.

US President Joe Biden is to prohibit "new investment, trade, and financing by US persons to, from, or in" the two breakaway regions recognised by President Putin.

BBC. Just another proof of how pathetic this news agency has become.

Concrete sanctions, lol. No one was allowed to trade with breakaway regions since 2014....

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60454795?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=6213f932d774c11a4faad402&US to ban trade with breakaway regions&2022-02-21T20:58:39.871Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:67ae91c5-6b9e-42ae-a867-0db013a31dc9&pinned_post_asset_id=6213f932d774c11a4faad402&pinned_post_type=share

Soon we'll call throwing a toothpick at Putin a sign of strong fronted concrete response to deter dictator putin by our supreme weaponery that is united of the world.

What is next? Declaring that we do not recognize Crimea as Russian??

Soldato
I suspect that the trade sanction will then apply to Russia by the fact that the Russian fed will do trade with them. So it wins be long for the trade to have knock ons.

Associate
So that NATO can have a war with Russia? What would be NATO's incentive to do that?

I thought NATO was started to try and keep peace in Europe and counter the threat posed by the soviet union. If russia takes Ukraine they are then on the doorstep of Poland and no love lost between Poland and russia.

So we will defend poland if anything ever happened but wont defend ukraine... Russia will run over ukraine. Countless lives will be lost.

Just wondering would putin back down if he knew the power of NATO would get involved...

Caporegime
I thought NATO was started to try and keep peace in Europe and counter the threat posed by the soviet union. If russia takes Ukraine they are then on the doorstep of Poland and no love lost between Poland and russia.

So we will defend poland if anything ever happened but wont defend ukraine... Russia will run over ukraine. Countless lives will be lost.

Just wondering would putin back down if he knew the power of NATO would get involved...
Whatever we do, he seems to be intent on going out with a last hurrah

Soldato

From what I gathered Ukraine is Russia's red line ie they are willing to start ww3 over it.

Soldato
Regarding hot wars I completely agree.

I meant more of a cold /economic war. Sanctions. I do not even consider hot war between great powers/peers a possibility at this point, perhaps wrongly.
cold war has been going on for ages with russia.

hot war is a real possibility tbh. russia has nothing to loose - there is so much sanctions already in place, more sanction isnt going to make things worse. also as said, is russia someone the west want to poke and resist. the same sort of message were spoken during Crimea crisis and look where we are almost 10 years laters. there is a lack of willingness in the west to adaquately push back on Russian agenda, and at some point Putin will have calculated his step a bit too far and forcing the west to relunctantly get involved.

i think Ukraine might as well be rename Russia at this stage. question is who is next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom