Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
so much for people saying that Russia have been running out of missiles for the past 12 months. This war is going to last another 3 years at least.

They have been building this up for some time, they have been launching dribs and drabs, this shows that they are short on production capabilities with regards to cruise missiles etc

so much for people saying that Russia have been running out of missiles for the past 12 months. This war is going to last another 3 years at least.

Not really - they’ve been slowing down/easing off to stockpile with drones being used heavily.

How fast they can replenish is key. Stockpiles have a tendancy to go bang.

He's not wrong. We could have done so much more, Ukraine still has one hand tied behind its back.

Gary-Ukraine.png

Last edited:
Likely the usual when this happens, an AA missile gone astray. Wouldnt be the first and likely not the last. especially when Russia are targeting western towns like Lviv. I mean, it could be disabled/damaged or just plain wildly off target Russian missile/drone but I'd be willing to put money on it being of Ukr origin.

From Telegram

It was the most massive attack from the air. Russia fought with almost everything it has. Air defense destroyed 114 out of 158 air targets. Currently, 16 dead and 97 wounded are known throughout Ukraine. There is a power outage

1. Initially, the Russian Federation attacked with 36 Shaheds.
2. Then they raised strategic aviation: 18 Tu-95MS. They launched at least 90 missiles from the Caspian region around 6:00 a.m.
3. The Russian Federation also used Tu-22M3 long-range bombers. They launched 8 cruise missiles from the Kursk region.
4. Kharkiv was hit by S-300 missiles. S-400 and Iskanders were launched from Crimea.
5. In total, 5 "Daggers" were launched from MiGs.
6. Despite the destruction of most air defense targets, residential buildings, critical infrastructure, industrial and military facilities were hit. Most of them are in Kyiv, Odesa, Lviv, Zaporizhzhia, Kharkiv, and Dnipro.
7. The Prosecutor General reported on 16 dead and 97 injured, including at least two children - 6 and 8 years old. Search operations throughout Ukraine are ongoing. These numbers will be higher.
8. After the shelling, there is a blackout in the Kyiv, Dnipropetrovsk, Odesa, and Kharkiv regions.

Few on telegram claiming a few western AD systems have been taken out, very little in the way of proof other than a few craters and blurry pictures so far from what I've seen though.

I'm wondering what all those missiles, drones etc were being saved up for originally. Attacking power, hospitals etc doesn't have a military value, only terrorism. Was a big push somewhere to grab territory being planned with that lot as supporting fire ?

Compared to a year ago the daily attack numbers have been small, so whilst last nights' attack was huge, the true measure is what Russia can sustain over the next weeks and months. Have they shot their bolt, or was there a under-estimation of what they could sustainably build and buy.

More air defence is clearly needed.
I remember reading months ago in telegram that some of the missiles they cannot shoot down. I can't find the Twitter post now but they didn't shoot down any of 2 different types of missiles this morning. Unsure if the West have the capacity to do that.

Edit: found it
0 of 14 ballistic missiles (S-300, S-400, Iskander-M);
0 of 5 X-47M2 Kinzhal supersonic missiles.

It's a massive problem if they have no way to stop these :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom