Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly I feel this is the reality. Only other possibility I see and its a massive longshot would be a successful coup, I just dont see anyone left in that country with a strong enough powerbase to be able to topple Putin. Even if that were to happen, someone worse could seize power.

It would probably be the quickest way to end this nonsense.

A coup might stop this war, for now. Unfortunately, it wouldn't change the culture, as the next guy in charge would have the same twisted world view point as all the Russian elite do.

How you change that culture is the question no one wants to ask or answer.

A coup might stop this war, for now. Unfortunately, it wouldn't change the culture, as the next guy in charge would have the same twisted world view point as all the Russian elite do.

How you change that culture is the question no one wants to ask or answer.

Time, education and democratic rule.

Last edited:
Russia:

We invaded Ukraine to protect it from Poland.
When listening to the crap Putin spouts it's always useful to think of it in reverse.

If he's claiming that Poland were/are planning to invade Ukraine then he must believe that there is a genuine possibility of Poland coming in hot if Ukraine's US/EU support falters and so he's trying to get out ahead of that possibility by framing it domestically in advance as Russia defending Ukraine and themselves against the imperialistic Poles.

Belgorod citizens are learning the hard way that their government doesn't care about them.

Wouldn't surprise me if Putin wanted civilian deaths for propaganda purposes so locking the shelters increases the chance of causalities. This is the man who blew up high rise towers killing citizens to justify the war in Chechnya.

Wouldn't surprise me if Putin wanted civilian deaths for propaganda purposes so locking the shelters increases the chance of causalities. This is the man who blew up high rise towers killing citizens to justify the war in Chechnya.
There's a few people on twitter who already broke down t he whole situation with this incident and apparently it's their own S300.

Time, education and democratic rule.

Is not that easy. I'm from a country where communism has been removed with violence and death around 34 years ago. Still around 48% say it was better back then. Even 41% of those that didn't experience it first hand since the weren't born say the same. It's easy to say that education, democracy and capitalism fixes everything. It doesn't. Mostly because democracy and capitalism don't care that much about the wellbeing of the regular, small people who will be very poor still after the regime change and social equity is a pipe dream. It will take generations. Just look at western youth looking with loving eyes towards communism...

And then there's patriotism, ideals of grandeur and imperialism. That don't go away easily too. I'm afraid the only way for Ukraine will be (if will be helped to win the war), to have a strong army at the ready. It will be an arms race until a possible next "SMO" takes place. Unless, of course, the army is powerful enough as a deterrent and has political class immune from corruption as much as humanly possible.

Last edited:
Last edited:
There is a video on Twitter of Russian FSB tackling and arresting a man for buying too many eggs at the market and trying to hide it
youtube says black market and 120 eggs.
what are eggs worth in Russia these days?

The title could be clickbait nonsense though since we don't speak Russian

What a time to be alive in Russia. Get the **** beaten out of you by the authorities for buying too many eggs. I wouldn’t be surprised if the man loses access to his children and gets sent to the front lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom