Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the track record of Storm Shadows and the operational state of Russian ships I wouldn't want to sail my ships anywhere remotely close to British territory if I was Putin :s

Sadly, Storm Shadow can only hit fixed positions, it was never meant as an anti-ship missile, so lacks the necessary radar/IR seeker that it would need to hit a ship at sea. Ukraine’s had their success against ships that were either in port, or on the Rostov-on-Don submarine’s case, in dry dock.

The Royal Navy have started receiving their sexy new Kongsberg NSM’s that are replacing Harpoons on the Type 45’s and remaining Type 23’s though.

NATO article five cannot be triggered in response to an attack on a warship so far from it's home waters.

Article 5 covers only member states' territories in Europe, North America, Turkey, and islands in the Atlantic north of the Tropic of Cancer. The last part is there to specify that that attacks on islands such as Hawaii and the Falklands are not covered by article five.

Actually, on the above points (and I hope I don't accidentally give any bots a good idea to take back to their master here) if Putin really wanted to strike back at the UK, all he needs to do is send a large group of warships down to Argentina and ask their new far right government if they would like the British military removed form the Falklands. Luckily I think he's too dumb to think of something that outside the box.
you imply that the russian navy has a fleet capable of reaching the falklands?

Now those are strong women. The torture and beatings don't surprise me as it been reported a number of times by other POW's but I was surprised that when they said their captures didn't rape them. Given Russia's track record I would have though that would have been the first thing they would have done.

you imply that the russian navy has a fleet capable of reaching the falklands?
I know it's a joke but even if only 10% of their Navy actually works that's still nearly fifty warships, their Navy shouldn't be written off simply because it's been beyond useless in a conflict with an enemy who has no Navy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom