Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia's Navy isn't small, do you think their entire Navy was in the Black Sea?

On paper they might have many ships - but looking at the wikipedia list, they only have 27 main surface combatants, only a handful more than the UK and half the number that Japan has and I'm sure there are many other countries with similar numbers.

Oh, you was serious.

You don't think the US Navy would assist the UK if our overseas sovereign territory was attacked by Russia and UK servicemen were killed or captured and UK military assets were destroyed? I understand that NATO article 5 doesn't cover the Falkland Islands, but do you think that would actually matter with what's happening in the present day?

Oh and it's "you were serious". Your Eastern European accent is giving you away.

You don't think the US Navy would assist the UK if our overseas sovereign territory was attacked by Russia and UK servicemen were killed or captured and UK military assets were destroyed? I understand that NATO article 5 doesn't cover the Falkland Islands, but do you think that would actually matter with what's happening in the present day?

Oh and it's "you were serious". Your Eastern European accent is giving you away.

It seems a little hormonal attempting to start a nonsense argument about Russia invading the Falklands.

Can you get back to the importance of using StormShadow missiles on troops fighting over piles of rubble?

Last edited:
It seems a little hormonal attempting to start a nonsense argument about Russia invading the Falklands.

Can you get back to the importance of using StormShadow missiles on troops fighting over piles of rubble?

What, Russia doesn't have artillery, armour, ammunition dumps, fuel dumps, etc, that could be targeted by StormShadow? Clearly Ukraine doesn't exactly have the best military planners and Generals, and they haven't listened to the advice they've been given.

The US has made it abundantly clear that they will never help anyone protect their colonies, especially Britain.

Last edited:
The US has made it abundantly clear that they will never help anyone protect their colonies, especially Britain.
The Falklands talk is going well off topic but the US helped a lot during the Falklands war. Huge amounts of fuel, ammo, intelligence etc. They even got an aircraft carrier ready to give to the UK if one of the 2 sent were destroyed. The UK and USA have a very close relationship, we even let them use of our colonised islands as a military base.

The Falklands talk is going well off topic but the US helped a lot during the Falklands war. Huge amounts of fuel, ammo, intelligence etc. They even got an aircraft carrier ready to give to the UK if one of the 2 sent were destroyed. The UK and USA have a very close relationship, we even let them use of our colonised islands as a military base.
By help I mean sending their own forces though now that I think of it not helping with Vietnam may be the principle factor in their arms-length aid rather than the post-war deimperalising.

Anyway whatever it's irrelevant.

Last edited:

nom nom data

Good good as I said a few days ago, that was my suspicion

As soon as enemy weapons are engaged then you start to learn their true capabilities and weaknesses, as you do with anything unknown.

They did although there has been some revisionism about exactly what the loan would be.

I think if we ever (the UK) did end up in a solo war a few of our close allies would provide support and logistics even though its pretty darn unlikely that would include direct combat action.

The weakness with UK forces to my mind and most military comment that I see (including family in service) is worries over depth of supply, ie equipment, and more recently numbers of serving in total, as opposed to technical challenges.
If we could supply our latest weaponry i numbers we would be able to eject just about every military in the world from the falklands even though they are so far away, bar probably the USA and China.

:confused::confused:

They did although there has been some revisionism about exactly what the loan would be.

I think if we ever (the UK) did end up in a solo war a few of our close allies would provide support and logistics even though its pretty darn unlikely that would include direct combat action.

The weakness with UK forces to my mind and most military comment that I see (including family in service) is worries over depth of supply, ie equipment, and more recently numbers of serving in total, as opposed to technical challenges.
If we could supply our latest weaponry i numbers we would be able to eject just about every military in the world from the falklands even though they are so far away, bar probably the USA and China.
We might find out shortly if it all kicks off in Guyana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom