Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can we help Ukraine when we are having to mothball both our amphibious assault ships and scrap two frigates early , ridding ourselves of all remaining tranche 1 typhoons as well.

Total farce.

Such uncertain times and the west still can't wake up, especially the UK.

Nobody wants to join the forces and nobody wants to pay extra tax to spend on them

Why would that diminish the appeal to China. They will be interested in the natural resources within Russian territory regardless. If anything a weaker Russia would be more willing to bargain and agree to more favourable terms to the Chinese. Aren't China stringing them along on the 2nd Siberia gas pipeline to get even more favourable terms than they have already negotiated on gas.
A weak Russia has a lot of advantages to China. If anything a Russia causing war in Europe if it were to be successful would be a negative result for China. Russia being excluded from the world plays well into China’s hand. It’s a fine balance for them as they can’t disassociate from Russia as that will prevent the cheap supply of resources but they are causing more paranoia of China from the West by being associated. I expect it’s causing a lot of tensions within the Chinese leadership too.

Why would that diminish the appeal to China. They will be interested in the natural resources within Russian territory regardless. If anything a weaker Russia would be more willing to bargain and agree to more favourable terms to the Chinese.
Aren't China stringing them along on the 2nd Siberia gas pipeline to get even more favourable terms than they have already negotiated on gas, and playing the field with other regional suppliers to see what they can get.

China has always been interested in reliving Vladolf of Russian territory. China has maps, military tactics and everything. Seems like China mainly want the Forrest areas of Russia. Ping loves a bit of Russian wood.

Last edited:
This will probabably sound over the top, and it's not the sort of thing I would have found myself saying 5 years ago, but I am now convinced that the war against Russia is not just for the defence of Ukraine: it is for the defence of Western civilisation.

Russia's degenerate, medieval culture cannot be allowed to prevail against the greatest civilisation history has ever known, even if only by proxy (e.g. the defeat of Ukraine, which is strictly speaking not part of Western civilisation, but at least aspires to our values).

I'm kind of with you here. Russia is sounding and acting more like the religious zealots we've seen in radical Islam trying to create their caliphate. Speaking about non Russians in the same way Islamists or German Nazis speak/spoke.

China has always been interested in reliving Vladolf of Russian territory. China has maps, military tactics and everything. Seems like China mainly want the Forrest areas of Russia. Ping loves a bit of Russian wood.

I'm sure they will claim it was technically Chinese wood originally.

A weak Russia has a lot of advantages to China. If anything a Russia causing war in Europe if it were to be successful would be a negative result for China. Russia being excluded from the world plays well into China’s hand. It’s a fine balance for them as they can’t disassociate from Russia as that will prevent the cheap supply of resources but they are causing more paranoia of China from the West by being associated. I expect it’s causing a lot of tensions within the Chinese leadership too.

Exactly. China comes out ahead either way, and a weaker Russia opens up a lot of 'diplomatic' options to leverage that would have been unviable otherwise.

I'm sure they will claim it was technically Chinese wood originally.

Exactly. China comes out ahead either way, and a weaker Russia opens up a lot of 'diplomatic' options to leverage that would have been unviable otherwise.

Well, China has already pretty much claimed areas of Russia for deforestation. Maybe the Americans will send in its Navy to protect Russian interests. After we fire StormsShadow missiles at the tree stumps of course…

Last edited:
We need to crush Russia before China has a chance to turn her into a vassal state. We must leave Russia so worthless that China will be forced to continue her colonisation of Africa, where she'll be safely removed from the European sphere of influence.

This is possibly one of the more stupid things that I've read on this forum. You want a more competent aggressive superpower to be able to waltz over a retarded easily taken over resource rich (never mind size of landscape which also neighbours europe) state? This would hand the 21st century to the Chinese as shock horror with 1bn+ people they will be able to expand into Africa and Russia and are in dire need of natural resources....which happen to be on their border.

Incredible.

This is possibly one of the more stupid things that I've read on this forum. You want a more competent aggressive superpower to be able to waltz over a retarded easily taken over resource rich (never mind size of landscape which also neighbours europe) state? This would hand the 21st century to the Chinese as shock horror with 1bn+ people they will be able to expand into Africa and Russia and are in dire need of natural resources....which happen to be on their border.

Incredible.

Some of your own posts are pretty spectacular.
It’s likely China will move on Russia in some capacity either way, so ridding the world of one tyrant is at least a start. News flash, China is already expending.

Incredible.

We don't own Africa. If African nations want to sell out to China because they're fed up with white people, how do you propose to stop them? Harsh language? It's going to happen whether we like it or not.

Better to beef up our military and industry while China plunders the world's most dysfunctional continent (and has to grapple with all the internal problems that make it so dysfunctional; good luck with that). China is not powerful enough to defeat the US, let alone the combined might of the Us + the rest of the West. In the event of a war, we'd still win.

Not only that, but China has an aging population that's going to cost her tens of trillions of yuan by 2040, and that's a downward spiral with huge implications for her economy.

Oddly there is boise about political inrest with the chinese political system. Not if those reports are attempting generate it or an observation.

By the short one’s standards Russia should return Manchuria and those Japanese islands.
The island dispute between Russia and Japan gets mentioned quite frequently in this thread as above, but I just noticed that I don't believe anyone has ever explained it so those who don't already know about it may be a bit confused.

Basically, between the top of Japan and the bottom of Russia there's a chain of ~56 islands (not in a line, mostly staggered in double/triple file). Historically (relatively speaking) the bottom four belonged to Japan and the rest to Russia, however that changed in the late 1800s when the Empire of Japan annexed the entire chain. Then during WW2 the USSR liberated them on it's way down to Japan, and continued to annex the bottom four. The Empire of Japan then accepted this via peace treaties and relinquished all claim to the islands in the chain. However later the new country of Japan would claim that they never considered the bottom four islands of the chain to actually be part of the chain and so did not surrender them with the rest of the chain. The USSR offered to give them the bottom two if they would surrender their new claim to the rest of the bottom four but they refused and that's where the dispute has been at for the past 60 years.

It's an odd situation as, lets be honest you would need to be a bit special to believe Japan's excuse that Imperial Japan surrendered all of the islands by mistake and didn't realise they were giving up the bottom four. Then you have the kicker that the islands were lost/surrendered by one of the aggressor empires of WW2 as part of the war's end, and so allowing the idea of them taking it back even if it is to spite Russia has it's own unfavourable connotations, similar to the idea of Kaliningrad being reclaimed by Germany (although that's even more messy as Germany only held it in the first place as a successor of the Prussia Empire, so it would actually make more sense for Lithuania to have it than Germany).

Last edited:
Some of your own posts are pretty spectacular.
It’s likely China will move on Russia in some capacity either way, so ridding the world of one tyrant is at least a start. News flash, China is already expending.

Nice whataboutism doesn't change the fact it's pretty stupid. Destabilising one country to make it easier for a super power to take it over is still dumb, even "if they were going to to move on it anyway". Don't have to be a genius to see that.

We don't own Africa. If African nations want to sell out to China because they're fed up with white people, how do you propose to stop them? Harsh language? It's going to happen whether we like it or not.

Better to beef up our military and industry while China plunders the world's most dysfunctional continent (and has to grapple with all the internal problems that make it so dysfunctional; good luck with that). China is not powerful enough to defeat the US, let alone the combined might of the Us + the rest of the West. In the event of a war, we'd still win.

Not only that, but China has an aging population that's going to cost her tens of trillions of yuan by 2040, and that's a downward spiral with huge implications for her economy.

I don't care what the Africans do. If they are stupid enough to let the Chinese colonise them (which they are happily doing as can be seen in commodities) in a different way that's on them. My comment was directly in relation to your comment about crushing Russia somehow means China won't be interested in absorbing their literal neighbour who has tons of resources, low population density, already contested borders and a partly asiatic population.....because they would be forced to just continue colonising Africa...........because why exactly?

edit: lol just saw you're in Australia, guess you know already about a nation selling out. :D

Last edited:
Oddly there is boise about political inrest with the chinese political system. Not if those reports are attempting generate it or an observation.

Hopefully so! I don't particularly like the American hegemony but would infinitely prefer one based on greedy ******** than Chinese ideology which is significantly more dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom