Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can we help Ukraine when we are having to mothball both our amphibious assault ships and scrap two frigates early , ridding ourselves of all remaining tranche 1 typhoons as well.

Total farce.

Such uncertain times and the west still can't wake up, especially the UK.

Last edited:
you have an election soon maybe talk to your local MP, arrange a few days standing on a local high-street and talking to people about your worries.

Its looking like and very likely to be autumn.
The Tories like an autumn election typically since it supresses student votes and we know they are all being brainwashed into voting leftie during education. ;)
Autumn means students are typically not on electoral roles and less inclined to vote for them. They are still in receipt of some money so still ****** ;)

I honestly think we will see a few topics this election and which ones gather momentum could still sway it:
1) The small boats / immigration. The Labour position isn't far from the current Tory one, but if the press can lever something convincing to the ones that say stuff like Labour will open the gates it could gain traction for the right.
2) Brexit. Whilst its been quiet I can see the right wing trying to frame Labour as wanting to align closer with Europe.
3) Cost of living, well its only an issue now because of Gordon Brown and the gold right. So we cannot trust Labour, only the Tories with the economy.

Christ typing the above makes me sound like a leftie when I am in fact and have always been on the right. Thats how bad its become.

I don't see military being on the radar but maybe for a classic "Jeremy would have given up our nukes so we cannot trust labour" from a few people stuck in time.

The UK is going to have a hard time building our military. We just don't have people with an outlook generally past the next 12 months and what they can spend.
Most Western nations have this issue, its not just the UK. :(

Not wanting to go off topic too far but...
Labour will win the next election by default, its how it works in the 2 party failure of British politics. One side wears out their welcome/trust/decency and the the other takes over and deals with the mess left behind. Rinse repeat. You're probably sadly right, defence spending wont be high on the list of lies and broken promises.
Pray that they are so centrist now you cant really put a fag paper between the two....
Cost of living isn't a unique UK problem, it'll fix itself or get worse before WW3 :p
Brexit - i was indifferent to Brexit but surprised it actually happened. Stronger ties with Europe should be a goal. (especially with a risky/flakey USA)
Illegal immigration.. Well thats insane in all of Europe and it'll be the West as a wholes downfall. But we should be happy that so many Doctors and University lecturers are risking their lives to get to the European promised lands. :p

I think Ukraine will end up as a sacrifice and only that will spur Europe to wake the F up for real.... The next country Putin sets eyes on, if its to the west, will be his death. I pray he dies soon. I dont think there could be worse replacement and i think a leadership change is the ideal chance for a rise up.

Last edited:
Another returned Ukrainian hostage. The transformation is chilling.

I think Ukraine will end up as a sacrifice and only that will spur Europe to wake the F up for real.... The next country Putin sets eyes on, if its to the west, will be his death. I pray he dies soon. I dont think there could be worse replacement and i think a leadership change is the ideal chance for a rise up.

This will probabably sound over the top, and it's not the sort of thing I would have found myself saying 5 years ago, but I am now convinced that the war against Russia is not just for the defence of Ukraine: it is for the defence of Western civilisation.

Russia's degenerate, medieval culture cannot be allowed to prevail against the greatest civilisation history has ever known, even if only by proxy (e.g. the defeat of Ukraine, which is strictly speaking not part of Western civilisation, but at least aspires to our values).

Last edited:
I think the election is virtually a given. People want a change, regardless of who or what policies are put in front of them. All Keir has to do is distance Labour as much as possible from Corbynism for the next 8 months.

The reality is, there's not a lot of public interest in funding a large military. The idea of something happening to the UK like is happening in Ukraine is so far from people's day to day lives - it's mostly an after thought.

This will probably sound over the top, and it's not the sort of thing I would have found myself saying 5 years ago, but I am now convinced that the war against Russia is not just for the defence of Ukraine: it is for the defence of Western civilisation.

Russia's degenerate, medieval culture cannot be allowed to prevail against the greatest civilisation history has ever known, even if only by proxy (e.g. the defeat of Ukraine, which is strictly speaking not part of Western civilisation, but at least aspires to our values).

I think thats "mostly" bonkers personally and i subscribe to the idea that in the future the west as a whole will need Russia to be "capable" come the rise of China. This is just a speed bump on the way to that future....
Ill be dead by then i hope.

incase i have to clarify that doesnt mean ukraine surrenders...it means we dont beat russia too bad. But yes thats playing western rules, which russians cannot even begin to understand.

Last edited:
The reality is, there's not a lot of public interest in funding a large military. The idea of something happening to the UK like is happening in Ukraine is so far from people's day to day lives - it's mostly an after thought.

I would place defence spending above pension rises, above UC rises, above any discretionary spending in this coming budget. I have previously said I would vote for any party boosting spending on defence even if it is donated to Ukraine.

Russia should be toast.

I think thats "mostly" bonkers personally and i subscribe to the idea that in the future the west as a whole will need Russia to be "capable" come the rise of China. This is just a speed bump on the way to that future....
Ill be dead by then i hope.

incase i have to clarify that doesnt mean ukraine surrenders...it means we dont beat russia too bad. But yes thats playing western rules, which russians cannot even begin to understand.

We need to crush Russia before China has a chance to turn her into a vassal state. We must leave Russia so worthless that China will be forced to continue her colonisation of Africa, where she'll be safely removed from the European sphere of influence.

I would place defence spending above pension rises, above UC rises, above any discretionary spending in this coming budget. I have previously said I would vote for any party boosting spending on defence even if it is donated to Ukraine.

Russia should be toast.

Are you saying that would be your number one thing and you would be willing to forgive everything else that party said as well.
Eg if the LDs said we believe we should rejoin the EU, form a key part of EU defence and as such are committed to a european army in the medium term and as such in preparation we would boost spending on the military to 3% of GDP.
Would you still vote for that party? (just curious given your Brexit vote and your seemingly quite against an Eu army comittment)

A year and a half of captivity in the hands of barbaric savages will do that to you.

Yeah indeed i was just looking based on his post.
I think the hairline (and colour), eye shape, eyebrow shape (in relation to eyes) and bottom of the ear shape all look basically the same.
The face of course is far far thinner so looks very different, but to me that likely looks like the same person.

I'm almost surprised there are any 2S19s left at this point.
Well they started with ~1000, they've been confirmed to have lost ~200 and they're still being produced as fast as they can pump them out, so sadly quite a few left even if they are taking barrels from working once to replace worn ones as reported.

Same person.

It's pretty similar to the transformation Matthew McConaughey went through in less time to play a cancer patient. Except his malnutrition wasn't being supplemented with beatings and sausage.

:(

Indeed, Putin has brought shame on his nation allowing the acts of the Russian military. Russian behaviour is worse than animals. We’ve seen how Vladolf treats his own people, even his friends. I can’t imagine the treatment of Ukrainian POW’s…

The Ukrainians have punished 350,000 Russians so far, but that’s clearly not enough for Russia to come to its senses, at least not under Vladolf’s rule.

Last edited:
We need to crush Russia before China has a chance to turn her into a vassal state. We must leave Russia so worthless that China will be forced to continue her colonisation of Africa, where she'll be safely removed from the European sphere of influence.

Why would that diminish the appeal to China. They will be interested in the natural resources within Russian territory regardless. If anything a weaker Russia would be more willing to bargain and agree to more favourable terms to the Chinese.
Aren't China stringing them along on the 2nd Siberia gas pipeline to get even more favourable terms than they have already negotiated on gas, and playing the field with other regional suppliers to see what they can get.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom