Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post 81,202?

Whether it's "They started it" or "They're doing it more" is moot. You're arguing semantics even though it doesn't change the meaning of the post; we should try to do better, or we're simply vermin waving a different flag.

I'm also not "obsessing" about misquotes. I asked you to clarify, since your response made no sense. Instead of trying to do so, you've now gone off on one about it. Reminds me of the arguments my 3 and 11 year old have with each other :p

Started it is not the same as doing it in reply, I was simply pointing out that Efour is posting about one angle whilst ignoring the other one that exists.

In the face of someone like Russia attacking us, would we sit back and engage them in polite warfare? pistols at dawn? I doubt it. People would be angry and not acting rationally at all times.

Some additional grenades blowing up an already dead person isn't torture, it's not pleasant either, but I already said Efour should stop watching such videos because I'm not sure what good can come of it.

An obvious take that is obvious.
This is a televised war for survival.
"We've" all grown up with sterilised western wars. Western civilized filtered reporting. We barely lose too, we win every battle, it's politics that we lose to.

Yes I'm sure some of you are servicemen and have seen real conflict too. That's why I assume there are so many, what I think, are extreme opinions.
Kill everything russian 100% nothing else. Even pushing out to borderline genocide... (From someone)

Anyway I dunno wtf point I was trying to make more a brain dump before cooking dinner.

Last edited:
I don't know what point you are trying to make either, the best I can come up with is you want people to sympathise with Russian victims of drone grenades?

I am short of sympathy for an invading army at this point, though I would not support actually torturing them, your definition of torture wasn't correct. I do support them being removed by force.

Started it is not the same as doing it in reply, I was simply pointing out that Efour is posting about one angle whilst ignoring the other one that exists.

I think we all know that the Russian forces are perpetrating some horrible acts of violence and abuse against Ukrainians, both military and civilian - does every "I saw thing that Ukraine did that I thought was bad" really need to come with the qualifying statement "(yes I know Russia do it worse)", or are you just trying to argue for argument's sake?

In the face of someone like Russia attacking us, would we sit back and engage them in polite warfare? pistols at dawn? I doubt it. People would be angry and not acting rationally at all times.

Completely understandable and I can certainly empathise with acting irrationally in the heat of the moment. Careful and calculated dropping of multiple grenades on someone over the course of an hour is not that.

Maybe I misunderstood/read too much into the original post by @Efour, but I got the impression the guy was still alive, and they were deliberately trying to maim rather than kill straight away.

It's the oldest, first step in warfare, dehumanise your enemy so you're just killing animals, orks, fascist pigs, gooks, commies...

Quite. The "Men Against Fire" episode of Black Mirror is an excellent example of taking it to the logical conclusion (yes of course it's fiction, but still a very good example of how propaganda is used to turn people into "monsters")

Last edited:
I don't know what point you are trying to make either, the best I can come up with is you want people to sympathise with Russian victims of drone grenades?

I am short of sympathy for an invading army at this point, though I would not support actually torturing them, your definition of torture wasn't correct. I do support them being removed by force.
No.

Take out nations and sides.
We already said it's a new vicious technique that will effect future warfare of all sides and rules of war might need to adapt.

But a lot of people can't detach the from the current war. Just want to call each other names, russian sympathizer etc.
Very boring. Very smooth brained.

You seem to be trying to argue counter-points for the sake of it.

I don't think people see Russians as not being people, but it's pretty clear they don't value things the same way we do.

Any Russian invaders should be shown the sharp end of the pointy stick and sent packing home, not like they need more land/resources, Russia is massive as it is. What are they even there for?

Completely understandable and I can certainly empathise with acting irrationally in the heat of the moment. Careful and calculated dropping of multiple grenades on someone over the course of an hour is not that.

Maybe I misunderstood/read too much into the original post by @Efour, but I got the impression the guy was still alive, and they were deliberately trying to maim rather than kill straight away.

It's not clear and I wouldn't go out of my way to watch such a video either.

I think people that do go out of their way to watch these videos for entertainment aren't quite right in the head.

Russia infiltrates via the GRU/FSB into middling Russian criminal ultranationalist movement (Azov was somewhat connected to them except they disagreed over Ukraine's existence so split off) in Ukraine to secede because there wasn't enough desire in the populace to do it themselves. Isn't it strange we no longer see any videos about the residents of Donetsk/Luhansk celebrating their glorious revolution? I can't imagine watching fathers/brothers getting hauled off to go mine hunting was particularly enticing for them or that all their children were stolen from them.

The 'documentary' just shows street thugs storming civic buildings and intimidating pro-Ukrainian teenagers and elderly people.

To three scared teenagers outnumbered by men in balaclavas who have locked them in a room:
"Tear these pro-ukranian stickers up if you want to leave here. So you won't be a cripple when you leave"
"You collect stickers? Your body is your collection. DO you want to keep it?"

Add classics such as:
"we need to have name tags on our shields" after they got stolen by other street thugs leading to an upset leader crying out "I will break your spinal cord".
"Lenin has lost his favourite baton"

Or the 'leader' that has his feelings hurt over a driver flipping him the finger, so pulls out a pistol to defend his manhood and chase down the driver in a satisfying power trip, only to realise there's no magazine and have to pull over to search the boot "I thought I had it with me..."

No wonder Russia needed to get more directly involved with equipment and personnel, just a rag tag bunch of angry men in disorganised gangs breaking things otherwise.

Last edited:

I can only imagine they were trying to kill him. Through discussion here people said killing was probably the goal. Other people suggested the more casualties the better to tie up resources. But eventually that wounded guy is fit to fight again....

My original intention of the post was to talk about how ******* crazy drone warfare is and how it's going to be in the future and how utterly disgusting and inefficient away to do it.

People said war is war, spear to the heart or artillery shell, 4 grenades makes no difference 1 less enemy is all that matters.

I'm still not looking forward to a future were automated drones are scouring battlefields looking to kill wounded soldiers. Maybe they'll have to at least have a human operator authorise the kill.

We can all go back to twitter feeds and the "good" propaganda.

This has been the most pointless derailment of this thread in a while.

Maybe don't share your video watching experiences next time yeah?
You're really invested in this lol
I assume aimed at me
Why's it pointless.
Cos it's not just a news feed of how many missiles got fired today or regurgitation of twitter.
20 mins left on my chicken

Last edited:
Invested in this?

You mean stopping Russia winning because the long term impact of that is very bad for all of Europe?

Then yes I am, you should probably be as well. If you're not concerned, then why are you here?

There is a lot at stake in this conflict. Russia need to be sent home without anything worth calling a victory.

Come on, this is the Ukraine flag waving thread and saying how mean Putin is, it's not for discussing the evolution of drone warfare and the moral and philosophical ramifications of dehumanising people and the glorification of their death, all to the tone of some god awful Eastern European dubstep that makes me wish for a nuclear holocaust.

Last edited:
I'm still not looking forward to a future were automated drones are scouring battlefields looking to kill wounded soldiers. Maybe they'll have to at least have a human operator authorise the kill.

You may not be looking forwards to it, but its going to come.
We may heavily sensitise our version in the West, but I am afraid you can basically guarantee the "bad guys" will take and do everything they can.

Bear in mind one of the bad guys here is Russia, who will happily use cluster munitions on a supermarket.
Do you think they would NOT have hunter killers in effect if they could?

War has always evolved and is usually won by the one willing to do most bad stuff to the enemy.
At least you can say combatants have a chance, they are in an expected bad place.
Not so much for the civilians caught up. I mean here now in Ukraine, but also in history.

Invested in this?

You mean stopping Russia winning because the long term impact of that is very bad for all of Europe?

Then yes I am, you should probably be as well. If you're not concerned, then why are you here?

There is a lot at stake in this conflict. Russia need to be sent home without anything worth calling a victory.
No not the bigger picture. Obviously we are all on the same side.
I don't think anything posted here will have 1 Ito of difference to how the conflict resolution pans out.
Let's be friends, I'm sorry. I'll try not taking it "off topic" we'll stick to focusing hate on the enemy of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom