Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends if you differentiate between Nazis and Wehrmacht.
Just for discussion.. I assume half these conscripts are doing it for money and a better life than sitting unemployed in some **** hole town.
Conscripts I guess no choice, still an adventure to most dumbasses .

Possibly they are, possibly also looting,raping and killing whilst on adventure as well.

Unfortunately for them they invaded...face the consequences.

Dehumanising them?

They invaded , killed and raped their way across Ukraine.

They dehumanised themselves.

Would you apply your logic to the nazis, they were just normal people with a fetish of sorts.

Except most of them weren't. Most of them were just normal guys like you and me dragged into a war they didn't want, caused by a tyrant who conveniently managed to keep himself far from the frontlines for most of it.

Of course the normal ones who try to keep their heads down and stay out of the way don't make the news stories.

Yes there are always going to be utter scum who use the situation to live out their fetishes, yes, there are almost certainly a disproportionate number in the Russian forces, but it's a very dangerous route to go down to tar everyone with the same brush. There's always going to be collateral in any conflict, but it should be seen as an unfortunate necessary evil rather than something to be celebrated.

Besides, shouldn't we be better than that? Your behaviour defines who you are, not who you're doing it to. If you act like vermin then you are vermin regardless of whether the person you are doing it to is also vermin.

Last edited:
Just saw "another" unedited twitter clip of a drone operator dropping grenades on a wounded russian.

4 grenade drops each one very well placed, through obvious experience and skill, but 4 all on the same guy.... By the end his legs are swiss cheese, one "to the face" which makes fine viewing and a couple more to the general "body"

Yes the russians are the enemy. No they probably will do the same, yes it's war but... Yes I say this once a month......

This **** is torture. Inhuman, you wouldn't do this to a dog. If this is the future then I need to start building up some hatred but after 40+ years of trying my best to be civil I'm not going to make the grade as a soldier.
So he lets the guy off because he's wounded? What happens when he recovers, goes back to the front and kills ten Ukrainian's? If he was going to be captured then yes no need to kill him but a wounded man is a future threat.

Last edited:
Rules of war need to be rewritten. Re thinked.
I fully agree with this statement, whilst the current Laws of Armed Conflict are very reasonable guidelines, I fear if we were forced into a peer/near peer modern conflict we would find limitations to the current guidelines. Some aspects of warfare have moved on so much in the time since these guidelines were conceived. Some aspects of warfare would have never even have been conceivable to the minds that created the current rules we work to.
The issue is, we are in a position now that we would never get everyone to agree, there are a lot of major powers (signatories at that) that just dont adhere to the current guidelines as it is. There is no hope that we could get every nation to agree on something now. That ship has sailed

I'll stress for those brining up "my mental wellbeing" :p

I'm honestly really not bothered, the amount of combat footage I've watched from a young age is probably "disturbing" if a trained psychiatrist was to diagnose me.

I'm more interested in creating discussion. It Makes the thread more interesting than an echo chamber/twitter feed thread.

Drone warfare is a fascinating/ disturbing new tool that has come to the forefront. Definitely a whites of their eyes phenomenon.

Stop watching the videos.

By watching them, you encourage them to be posted and normalise watching footage of people being hurt and killed for entertainment.

Islamic State were visionary when they started posting such things. And here we are.

I've not said anything about the morality of war. I'm not at all claiming that Putin isn't the ultimate cause of all the pain and suffering, despite how you may try to twist my words to suit your own agenda.

I'm merely pointing out that taking glee in the inflicting of suffering on someone just because they're your enemy makes you no better than they are. Dehumanising the enemy is the oldest propaganda trick in the book and it seems like you've fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

You're happy to stoop to their level because "they started it"? Maybe it's just me, but I think we should strive to do better.

If someone broke into my house and threatened me & my family, I would do what it took to protect them, even if that involved killing the intruder, however I wouldn't revel in the violence like some people in here seem to, and I certainly wouldn't start to torture and maim them after they were already incapacitated. :confused:

Im never twisted your words and don’t have an agenda past Vladolf sodding off back to Russia. I haven’t fallen for anything, the Russians dehumanised themselves by acting worse than animals.

Going to interesting when western troops in some distant conflict start getting hit with drones.

Russia gets away with all the footage due to their propaganda machine, we in the west not so much, not sure how joe public will react to FPV of British troops getting droned to death.

Especially when it comes to light that we have put bugger all effort into anti drone equipment etc for the troops.

Going to interesting when western troops in some distant conflict start getting hit with drones.

Russia gets away with all the footage due to their propaganda machine, we in the west not so much, not sure how joe public will react to FPV of British troops getting droned to death.

Especially when it comes to light that we have put bugger all effort into anti drone equipment etc for the troops.
The UK is pretty much under equipped in everything. Do we even have a effective long range air defence system that can shot down ballistic or cruise missiles?

I know our armed forces are well off in terms of tech but all that fancy equipment is no good when you don't have any ammunition for it.

We need to start doing drills to get private engineering firms into munitions manufacture to see how fast we can get production up whilst taking a moment to add to the stockpile and compensating the companies for making a mess of their factories. Sadly I suspect there aren't many factories that would even be willing to take part even with adequate monies with the way the economy barely functions...

Totally acceptable. It's war. That's what I learnt today.

Sadly I suspect there aren't many factories that would even be willing to take part even with adequate monies with the way the economy barely functions...
Absolutely they wouldnt even consider it, not unless the investment is there, they would require set in stone contracts. No company would be set up ready to produce, they would need to produce tooling and production lines and these lines would need to be held at reserve effectively just waiting for the call to produce or constantly run them at a kinda tick over low production at the cost of the government.
Theres no way in the current economic climate that any private company is going sign off on that unless they are fully funded to do so. Theres also no chance in an election year that any government will consider signing of on that sort of investment in defence. Current budgets wouldnt be able to cover it either.

This is an interesting watch if you're interested in the history of the conflict and how it begun.
Russia infiltrates via the GRU/FSB into middling Russian criminal ultranationalist movement (Azov was somewhat connected to them except they disagreed over Ukraine's existence so split off) in Ukraine to secede because there wasn't enough desire in the populace to do it themselves. Isn't it strange we no longer see any videos about the residents of Donetsk/Luhansk celebrating their glorious revolution? I can't imagine watching fathers/brothers getting hauled off to go mine hunting was particularly enticing for them or that all their children were stolen from them.

Last edited:
Kinda agree with some of the multiple drops being unnecessary. Both from a basic empathy pov (I'd probably feel different if I was from Ukraine) but also a practical stand point. Same with the hits on medivacs. Right now the Russians are dying in droves. I bet on these meat grinding assaults the numbers of kia exceed that of wia. Partly due to crappy medical care, partly the wia in being finished off and partly they're just left to bleed out sometimes.
If you increase the numbers of wia, most of those people who've gotten a body full of shrapnel are going to take months to recover along with taking resources to fix before they can come back, if ever. Those that lose limbs will take resources to patch up and won't be coming back. What they will be is very clear visual representations to the Russian people in their villages, towns, cities of the lies and nonsense they're being fed by the Kremlin. The Russian military will also need to up it's emphasis on collecting their wounded and fixing them up by an order of magnitude, otherwise the telegram videos of their sons bleeding out when they could have been saved would again cause an uproar, you'd hope.
Of course it could be the Ukrainians have done their calculus and come to a different, more informed opinion?! Wonder if the 'drop bombs till they're very dead' is a military policy or just up to the operator.

TL;DR injure more, cost Russia more money and make it's people mad at leaders.

Last edited:
You're happy to stoop to their level because "they started it"? Maybe it's just me, but I think we should strive to do better.

I didn't say anything about anyone starting anything, you're obsessing about pointing out misquotes whilst also doing it yourself.

Nice, stooping to calling me a child for some reason, real adult of you :rolleyes:

Last edited:
We need to start doing drills to get private engineering firms into munitions manufacture to see how fast we can get production up whilst taking a moment to add to the stockpile and compensating the companies for making a mess of their factories. Sadly I suspect there aren't many factories that would even be willing to take part even with adequate monies with the way the economy barely functions...

We don't because it turns out the Russian Army can't defeat Ukraine. I'm not expecting Putin to unleash Operation Sea Lion v2.0 anytime soon.

I didn't say anything about anyone starting anything, you're obsessing about pointing out misquotes whilst also doing it yourself.

Nice, stooping to calling me a child for some reason, real adult of you.

Post 81,202?

Whether it's "They started it" or "They're doing it more" is moot. You're arguing semantics even though it doesn't change the meaning of the post; we should try to do better, or we're simply vermin waving a different flag.

I'm also not "obsessing" about misquotes. I asked you to clarify since your response made no sense. Instead of trying to do so, you've now gone off on a complete tangent, trying to score points on some random post from this morning. Reminds me of the arguments my 3 and 11 year old have with each other :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom