Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
"without major increases in European defence production and a focus on reorganising and training militaries to credibly roll back any future Russian aggression against Alliance territory, Russia will regenerate a capacity to directly threaten NATO faster than most political or even military planners appear to realise."

From the BEEB

The UK will provide £2.5bn of military aid to Ukraine over the coming year, Rishi Sunak has said - Britain's largest annual commitment since Russia's invasion.
The PM made the announcement during a rare visit to the country, where he will also sign a new agreement supporting its long-term security.
Officials said the package will provide Ukraine with long-range missiles, air defence and artillery shells.
Some £200m will be spent on drones, most of which will be UK-made.

£200m spent on UK made drones..? Interesting, didn't realise we produced them for warfare really (unless of course we don't but are about to etc).

£200m?

Sounds like Dyson has placed a bid to supply 10 drones ;)

£200m?

Sounds like Dyson has placed a bid to supply 10 drones ;)
Drones are a must have now in war, this war has proved that.
There's no way the UK wasn't going to get in on the act.

Lockheed Martin are a supplier and there is a place in Edinburgh that makes them too, pretty good ones too

Drones being a must have in the military now there will be a lot more companies making them.

You also have to remember that even though the UK doesn't seem to have much of a military they have been selling friendly countries with top notch weapons for hundreds of years.

Last edited:
Bit of a rough week for Russia.

They really don’t want them, from reports no one that purchased them managed to get them running properly.

Designed and manufactured poorly

Agreed. I can appreciate Ukraine's urgency, but Taipans are more trouble than they're worth. Even if we did give them to Zelensky, they'd spend more time in the garage than the air.

We're already providing a steady stream of Bushmasters. If anything, we should be throwing more of those at him.

Last edited:
"without major increases in European defence production and a focus on reorganising and training militaries to credibly roll back any future Russian aggression against Alliance territory, Russia will regenerate a capacity to directly threaten NATO faster than most political or even military planners appear to realise."

Unfortunately its more than just money needed, political will and program management will also need to change. There is no will to put money into defence so contractors don't know where there next contract is coming from, so they have no incentive to deliver programs on budget and on time.

This is the lasting legacy of this war. Regardless of the outcome and US involvement, it’s increasingly apparent that US guarantees aren’t reliable any more.

The long term consequences of this are going to be profound, and certainly won’t make America great again.

Europe must take matters into its own hands now. And the likes of Hungary can rot in hell if they want to play silly buggers. The UK, France, Germany and a handful of others will make up lions share of the meat. The rest can either fall inline or be very exposed.

If you want peace prepare for war.

The real question is does Europe have the industrial capacity. It would be nice if they didn’t need to go to the US.

Last edited:
This is the lasting legacy of this war. Regardless of the outcome and US involvement, it’s increasingly apparent that US guarantees aren’t reliable any more.

The long term consequences of this are going to be profound, and certainly won’t make America great again.

Europe must take matters into its own hands now. And the likes of Hungary can rot in hell if they want to play silly buggers. The UK, France, Germany and a handful of others will make up lions share of the meat. The rest can either fall inline or be very exposed.

If you want peace prepare for war.

The real question is does Europe have the industrial capacity. It would be nice if they didn’t need to go to the US.
As a libertarian I generally don't approve of my money going to the government but I am happy to pay extra for national security.

No disrespect meant towards the rest of Europe by by every metric western European nations (UK, France, Italy and Germany) are meant to the powerhouses for the region. They should be leading by example and accept that the peace divided is done and it's time to rearm.

As a libertarian I generally don't approve of my money going to the government but I am happy to pay extra for national security.

No disrespect meant towards the rest of Europe by by every metric western European nations (UK, France, Italy and Germany) are meant to the powerhouses for the region. They should be leading by example and accept that the peace divided is done and it's time to rearm.

Poland is leading the way while Western Europe still seems to be hoping they can just wait it out.

This is one issue that we need to be able to stand alone on. The UK has enough money too. The min-maxing style of government desperately attempting to squeeze every last penny out of everything because they cocked up needs to end.

the way poland is currently tooling its military up i get the feeling their prepping for taking Russia on with or without support from anyone else. 24 billion dollars of new kit last i checked.

the way poland is currently tooling its military up i get the feeling their prepping for taking Russia on with or without support from anyone else. 24 billion dollars of new kit last i checked.
Add the in their proximity and what happened in WW2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom