Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Okay, so nothing to say he's actually a paid Russian agent then. Pro Russian isn't the same thing, criticism of Zelensky or the government shouldn't be a crime in a country that aspires to join the EU. Saying "what about Russia" isn't an argument. Anything valid you want to add or?

Again I haven't exactly done extensive research into this guy, but I understood that he had gone way beyond posting some legitimate criticism of the Ukrainian government and was locked up for justifying Russian aggression and spreading enemy propaganda in a country that was literally in the process of being invaded. Do you think that in the real world that will just be ignored?

But OK, let's go with that for now. Can you provide links to all your posts condemning the treatment of people in Russia who have spoken out against Putin's war of aggression or made personal attacks on him? There must be an awful lot of them.

Associate
Not so much the warehouse, but the mass arrests to be sent to the front line and from where... St Petersburg.

More indications that the Russian people have had enough
not really more like self interest, the internet id full of videos of people in Mosco and St Petersburg who support Putin, until that is they want to send them to the front lines.

Their attitude will be very different if they start rounding them up for the frontlines thats for sure.

Theyre burning through so many men that they will be coming for them soon

Associate
You know what would be funnier? If Putin gets voted out of office in March and sent to The Hague with all his cronies. It would be particularly hilarious if the republicans are still holding the US hostage over aid to Ukraine as they along with Trump would have no reason to be in politics.
Yea never going to happen, you know its not a real vote right?

Soldato
Again I haven't exactly done extensive research into this guy, but I understood that he had gone way beyond posting some legitimate criticism of the Ukrainian government and was locked up for justifying Russian aggression and spreading enemy propaganda in a country that was literally in the process of being invaded. Do you think that in the real world that will just be ignored?

But OK, let's go with that for now. Can you provide links to all your posts condemning the treatment of people in Russia who have spoken out against Putin's war of aggression or made personal attacks on him? There must be an awful lot of them.

I don't hold Russia to Western standards because my government isn't supporting Russia and telling me they're a bastion of Western Democracy, unfortunately part of that is letting people speak out against you. If we were at war I'd expect people would still want to talk **** about the Tories and I wouldn't expect them to be thrown in jail for saying the UK should've spent more money on tanks instead of sending tax money to someone's mate for fake PPE during Covid. I know in Russia it's still a law to call it a special military operation and calling it a war is a criminal offense for example, obviously I think criticism of any government and leader should be allowed.

Soldato
Well America will be loving this, now they know how good the Bradley really is, tested and approved by Ukraine.

Now it will sell like like hot cakes
They've been out of production since the 90s and are being replaced, albeit their replacement program has been delayed (hopefully not by as much as the Bradley was lol).

Soldato
Yea never going to happen, you know its not a real vote right?

I do, but it would be funny and never underestimate the power of millions of cheesed off people. The lies and tolerance/sympathy for **** heads can only last so long even in Russia.

Last edited:

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Well America will be loving this, now they know how good the Bradley really is, tested and approved by Ukraine.

Now it will sell like like hot cakes

Seen a video of a Bradley taking on a T90 at close range. I'm surprised the suspension of the Bradley could carry the large balls of the men it would take to do it. :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't hold Russia to Western standards because my government isn't supporting Russia and telling me they're a bastion of Western Democracy, unfortunately part of that is letting people speak out against you. If we were at war I'd expect people would still want to talk **** about the Tories and I wouldn't expect them to be thrown in jail for saying the UK should've spent more money on tanks instead of sending tax money to someone's mate for fake PPE during Covid. I know in Russia it's still a law to call it a special military operation and calling it a war is a criminal offense for example, obviously I think criticism of any government and leader should be allowed.

Give me strength.

No one is saying Ukraine is a bastion of western democracy. They are, or were a nation aspiring to western democratic values and and joining the EU which will have eventually put them on par with other western democracies (minus Hungary). But then they were invaded for no other reason that wanting to choose their own future.

If they don’t get our help then they might become a bastion of Russian “democracy”... which if you believe in democracy is a bad thing right?

Why is this so difficult to understand? Why do you have to pick holes all of the way, even when the morality of the broader situation is so clear cut?

In the grand scheme of thigs this guy is an insignificance. Tuckers logic is... "well, you might be 95% democratic, but there's this things here which I'm going twist out of all proportion so I can say lets call the whole things off and turn Ukraine into an autocratic satellite state of the Kremlin.

How is that a good idea, or supporting democracy?

It makes zero sense. Laughable. But you buy it every time.

Why?

Last edited:
Associate
Give me strength.

No one is saying Ukraine is a bastion of western democracy. They are, or were a nation aspiring to western democratic values and and joining the EU which will have eventually put them on par with other western democracies (minus Hungary). But then they were invaded for no other reason that wanting to choose their own future.

If they don’t get our help then they might become a bastion of Russian “democracy”... which if you believe in democracy is a bad thing right?

Why is this so difficult to understand? Why do you have to pick holes all of the way, even when the morality of the broader situation is so clear cut?

In the grand scheme of thigs this guy is an insignificance. Tuckers logic is... "well, you might be 95% democratic, but there's this things here which I'm going twist out of all proportion so I can say lets call the whole things off and turn Ukraine into an autocratic satellite state of the Kremlin.

How is that a good idea, or supporting democracy?

Why?
You know on other forums they are aware of Russian stooges posting misinformation and deal with it. I don't think this guy is a Russian stooge with 10k+ posts, perhaps he should contact the Kremlin for a job.

Soldato
Give me strength.

I think the reasons for the invasion are complex. One is the whole NATO expansion thing, another is just that Ukraine decided the way to deal with separatists who didn't want to be part of the EU was to call them terrorists and launch a military operation - given this group were a bunch of pro and ethnic Russian people this obviously presented a problem for Russia as they very well couldn't allow them to be crushed by the EU and NATO backed newly formed Kyiv government. I think you can't ignore the fact that a lot of people in Eastern Ukraine also wanted to choose their own future, there was massive political division which resulted in a civil war with one side backed by the West and one side backed by Russia. This was, and still is, a proxy war.

If they don’t get our help then they will be a bastion of Russian “democracy”... which if you believe in democracy is a bad thing right?

I think some of them want that, I think Ukraine trying to regain the territories that declared independence prior to the invasion is silly. Should have moved forward, joined the EU, over time perhaps NATO but clearly this was something that needed a delicate approach given Russian security concerns.

Why is this so difficult to understand? Why do you have to pick holes all of the way, even when the morality of the boarder situation is so clear cut?

It isn't clear cut, it's an incredibly complex situation.

Yeah sure, we can just arrest people for speech and then say that one person is insignificant.

How is that a good idea?

Why?

I think you don't even understand the history of the conflict you so confidently speak about being clear cut, I'd suggest watching documentaries from Ukraine between 2014 and 2021.

Surprised Vice didn't take down videos like this lol

Soldato
I think the reasons for the invasion are complex. One is the whole NATO expansion thing, another is just that Ukraine decided the way to deal with separatists who didn't want to be part of the EU was to call them terrorists and launch a military operation - given this group were a bunch of pro and ethnic Russian people this obviously presented a problem for Russia as they very well couldn't allow them to be crushed by the EU and NATO backed newly formed Kyiv government. I think you can't ignore the fact that a lot of people in Eastern Ukraine also wanted to choose their own future, there was massive political division which resulted in a civil war with one side backed by the West and one side backed by Russia. This was, and still is, a proxy war.

I think some of them want that, I think Ukraine trying to regain the territories that declared independence prior to the invasion is silly. Should have moved forward, joined the EU, over time perhaps NATO but clearly this was something that needed a delicate approach given Russian security concerns.

It isn't clear cut, it's an incredibly complex situation.

Yeah sure, we can just arrest people for speech and then say that one person is insignificant.

I think you don't even understand the history of the conflict you so confidently speak about being clear cut, I'd suggest watching documentaries from Ukraine between 2014 and 2021.

Surprised Vice didn't take down videos like this lol

It is clear cut.

The rules are simple

Countries are free to choose their own future. Ukraine is the country. Not east/west, Russian speaking, Ukrainian speaking. These things have no basis in law.

They didn’t choose as the Russian wanted. So the Russians have chosen to ignore the rules.

Last edited:
Soldato
You know on other forums they are aware of Russian stooges posting misinformation and deal with it. I don't think this guy is a Russian stooge with 10k+ posts, perhaps he should contact the Kremlin for a job.

I don't like Russia, watch the documentary about them cheating at the Olympics called Icarus, this is just generally indicative of the wider problems with Russian culture, corruption, cheating, etc. The problem is that an objective middle ground appears to be a Russian stooge on here when your entire view of a conflict is formed based on massive amounts of pro Ukrainian media that didn't report the entire story. I do not support Russia invading Ukraine, that was illegal, as I've said many times.

Soldato
It is clear cut.

The rules are simple

Countries are free to choose their own future. Ukraine is the country. Not east/west, Russian speaking, Ukrainian speaking. These things have basis in law.

They didn’t choose as the Russian wanted. So the Russians have chosen to ignore the rules.

You know there was a revolution, right? It's slightly more complex than you're making out, it isn't just "people choosing" when one side is being funded by the EU and West and the other side is being funded by Russia, then a civil war erupts.

Last edited:
Soldato

You know there was a revolution, right? It's slightly more complex than you're making out, it isn't just "people choosing" when one side is being funded by the EU and West and the other side is being funded by Russia, then a civil war erupts.

Others are free to influence but not dictate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom