Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I think they're a legitimate government to most of the country, but if you happen to support the pro Russian President who was overthrown in a revolution then you might understandably not consider it a legitimate government.
As it's almost a decade now since this thread started I think we should have a quick recap oh how this all started in order to nip any revisionism in the bud.

• Ukraine elected a pro-EU president who would move towards a closer partnership with the EU.
  • When it came time to start finalising/signing agreements with the EU the pro-EU president decided he was now pro-Russia instead so wouldn't be signing anything.
  • The Ukrainian people got mad and protested.
  • The now pro-Russian president had some of them shot.
  • The Ukrainian people got a lot more mad and rioted.
  • The now pro-Russian president fled Kiev.
  • The Ukrainian government fired the now pro-Russian president.
  • The now pro-Russian president fled to Russia.
  • Russia used the confusion to annex the Crimean peninsula using troops stationed there plus unmarked troops "on holiday".
  • Russia used the confusion to send unmarked troops "on holiday" to Donetsk and Luhansk, meeting up with local Russian immigrants and pro-Russian Ukrainians and starting a "separatist" movement.
  • Once Ukraine got it's act together the "separatists" started getting facerolled by the Ukrainian military.
  • Russia sent tanks, artillery and anti aircraft systems to back up their forces and proxies in the east, claiming all the time they were Ukrainians using their own equipment (this was completely debunked due to those forces using open radio communications and possessing weapons systems never exported to Ukraine).
  • Either Russian operatives or Pro Russian "separatists" accidentally shot down a commercial airliner, thus drawing massive international attention to the conflict and making Russia's open support of their proxies and sympathisers in Donetsk/Luhansk untenable.
  • A ceasefire would be agreed as Russia could no longer openly send the troops/weapons required to hold ground and Ukraine lacked the ability to defeat their forces outright.

And that's where things stayed for five plus years while Ukraine rapidly rearmed itself to defend against a possible invasion and Russia squandered the time building more one of prototypes that looked cool but were still 30 years behind the west.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Scared? Russian bot with nothing of value to say, he's been debunked a lot of times on this thread yet continues to push the kremlin narratives, I have on ignore but am forced to watch all of the replies to the obvious nonsense (with yet more people pointing out how wrong he is).
:'p well I don't think ignoring people that can be openly proved to be wrong is worth it but I don't ignore anyone because of their misguided beliefs.
Stuck clocks are right twice a day.
Anyway does not matter

Soldato
:'p well I don't think ignoring people that can be openly proved to be wrong is worth it but I don't ignore anyone because of their misguided beliefs.
Anyway does not matter

Repeatedly having to read rubbish is as good a reason as any, parroting Kremlin propaganda as if it's the truth on a frequent basis earns a spot on the old ignore list.

In the case of Roar, people have often pointed out their errors, but the quality of the posts never changes, which makes me think that Roar is just using this thread for their own trolling entertainment.

Last edited:
As it's almost a decade now since this thread started I think we should have a quick recap oh how this all started in order to nip any revisionism in the bud.

• Ukraine elected a pro-EU president who would move towards a closer partnership with the EU.
  • When it came time to start finalising/signing agreements with the EU the pro-EU president decided he was now pro-Russia instead so wouldn't be signing anything.
  • Russia used the confusion to annex the Crimean peninsula using troops stationed there plus unmarked troops "on holiday".
  • Russia used the confusion to send unmarked troops "on holiday" to Donetsk and Luhansk, meeting up with local Russian immigrants and pro-Russian Ukrainians and starting a "separatist" movement.
  • Once Ukraine got it's act together the "separatists" started getting facerolled by the Ukrainian military.
  • Russia sent tanks, artillery and anti aircraft systems to back up their forces and proxies in the east, claiming all the time they were Ukrainians using their own equipment (this was completely debunked due to those forces using open radio communications and possessing weapons systems never exported to Ukraine).
  • Either Russian operatives or Pro Russian "separatists" accidentally shot down a commercial airliner, thus drawing massive international attention to the conflict and making Russia's open support of their proxies and sympathisers in Donetsk/Luhansk untenable.
  • A ceasefire would be agreed as Russia could no longer openly send the troops/weapons required to hold ground and Ukraine lacked the ability to defeat their forces outright.

And that's where things stayed for five plus years while Ukraine rapidly rearmed itself to defend against a possible invasion and Russia squandered the time building more one of prototypes that looked cool but were still 30 years behind the west.

Very good summary. The top 3 lines being the crux.
But I am sure some wonky younoob videos will paint a different version.

Soldato

Yes

Yes, this is because the offer from the EU was basically pathetically low compared to what Russia was offering.

Absolutely their right.

There were violent protests, I doubt he "had some of them shot".

Yes, more violent protests

Driven out, sure.

Probably smart.

Yeah, Crimea was mostly made up of Russian speakers anyway who supported this. Vast majority of people living in Crimea are pro Russian and wanted nothing to do with being part of Ukraine after the revolution.

Nah, the separatist movement mostly involved Ukrainians. Vice sent a team there, I watched this yesterday, they checked passports and IDs. Some people didn't have IDs on them but there were plenty of legitimate Ukrainians. It's false to say there wasn't a legitimate Ukrainian independent movement in those regions, even though yes there was also Russians.

I'm not sure that's a good thing given they were still Ukrainian citizens, the Ukrainian military also included groups like the Azov Brigade who were paid by the Ukrainian government because their actual military was actually rather poor and unmotivated.

There were definitely Ukrainians. There was undoubtedly Russians as well. The issue is at this point the Kyiv side was being backed and trained by the West. So it was a full blown proxy war.

Yeah this was obviously a terrorist act and I have no idea why either side would do this, I imagine it wasn't deliberate since no one gained anything from it, but that's no excuse and doesn't help the victims.

Neither side respected the ceasefire though, there was constant fighting. Again documented and you can easily watch this.

• Putin issued a demand to the West stating that Ukraine should never be part of NATO, we wouldn't agree to that, Russia invaded.

Soldato
Anyway does not matter

lol, misguided fools that’s a good one. Deliberate twisting of the facts and regurgitating the same debunked misinformation over and over is what’s happening.

Last edited:
Yes, this is because the offer from the EU was basically pathetically low compared to what Russia was offering.
He very much campaigned on the Eu, not holding some kind of auction for bribes.
He was clearly already in Russias pockets

There were violent protests, I doubt he "had some of them shot".

The first deaths occurred on Unity Day, 22 January, during riots on Hrushevskoho Street in Kyiv, where three activists: Serhiy Nigoyan, Mykhailo Zhyznevskyi and Roman Senyk [uk] were shot dead.

Heavy handed government.

Then the government doubled down.

By the end it was over 100 dead.

Soldato
He very much campaigned on the Eu, not holding some kind of auction for bribes.
He was clearly already in Russias pockets

The first deaths occurred on Unity Day, 22 January, during riots on Hrushevskoho Street in Kyiv, where three activists: Serhiy Nigoyan, Mykhailo Zhyznevskyi and Roman Senyk [uk] were shot dead.

Heavy handed government.

Then the government doubled down.

By the end it was over 100 dead.

Little green men being imported from Russia to shoot unarmed protesters. A few of which returned to Ukraine.

Ukraine Independence referendum on the Act of Declaration of Independence. An overwhelming majority of 92.3% of voters approved the declaration of independence made by the Verkhovna Rada on 24 August 1991.

Soldato

https://www.radiosvoboda.org/a/25255305.html You can fast forward the video to see they "took up arms".

So again I have to dig through all this complex history to find the Ukrainian Self-Defense League which fought against the at the time legitimate government. This could have been called a terrorist group by the previous administration.
You always add in the fact it’s “complex”, are you trying to imply your like the only person that understands the “complex history”.

We’ve gone over it so many times in this thread there’s not much complex about it. It doesn’t take your super smart unique mind to decipher information we all somehow can’t perceive.

Lmao.

Soldato
Perhaps a moderator could ask members to actually discuss the war rather than constantly attack posters.
Maybe if you took a few days off and counted your many Ruble’s from your masters, the other members would be able to discuss the war, without you thread spoiling with your Russian propaganda!

Last edited:
Soldato
You guys think this is True or False :cry:

Putin 'turns off heating in Russian jails in -55°C to recruit soldiers'

Vladimir Putin has ordered prisons to turn off the heating to force inmates to sign up to fight on the frontline in Ukraine, it has been reported.

Temperatures in some parts of Russia have plummeted to as low as -55°C – but it is all part of the president’s plan to replenish his army with mass murderers, killers and other dangerous criminals.

Last edited:
Soldato

Vladimir Putin has ordered prisons to turn off the heating to force inmates to sign up to fight on the frontline in Ukraine, it has been reported.

Temperatures in some parts of Russia have plummeted to as low as -55°C – but it is all part of the president’s plan to replenish his army with mass murderers, killers and other dangerous criminals.

Can’t be.

Associate

ubersonic said:

Not letting this one lie.

Please do tell us since you speak with such knowledge (and include a source or bullet points), what did Russia offer Ukraine that was SO much better than Europe?

Surely it wasn't just a fat stack into the pocket of Yanukovych.

Soldato
Not letting this one lie.

Please do tell us since you speak with such knowledge (and include a source or bullet points), what did Russia offer Ukraine that was SO much better than Europe?

Surely it wasn't just a fat stack into the pocket of Yanukovych.

Putin aide Belousov did not say how much Russia, whose own economy is stuttering badly, would be ready to offer Ukraine. But sources in Ukraine said the deal could be worth $15 billion

The most Brussels has so far offered Ukraine is 610 million euros ($838 million)

Seems like they offered more money.

Soldato

Roar: Genius move!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom