Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how much the A-50 was part of the integrated air defence for the Azov area and with it gone does it now leave the bridge exposed?

I genuinely doubted that this happened when I seen the initial reports. However, the more info that comes out the more it seems it actually happened. Is there any confirmation of what hit it? I see Ukraine are claiming the took it down but I cant help but think that its just as likely they Russia mistakenly took their own aircraft out the sky.

I genuinely doubted that this happened when I seen the initial reports. However, the more info that comes out the more it seems it actually happened. Is there any confirmation of what hit it? I see Ukraine are claiming the took it down but I cant help but think that its just as likely they Russia mistakenly took their own aircraft out the sky.

Quite afew claims of what looks like shrapnel from a potential to be the plane coming out

eg

Does Sweden know something we haven't been told?

Especially now we have NATO doing an exercise for a Russian invasion;

I think Russia would only go beyond Ukraine if a NATO country came into direct conflict with Russia. Is this the plan, and we're pre-emptively preparing for it?

At first I thought it was a Russian self-own with an S300 friendly-fire but now seeing the Ukranian twitter post of the flight radar showing it's distance from the coast and the damage on that II-22, my money is on another Ukranian Patriot ambush @ extreme range.

Last edited:

I think Russia would only go beyond Ukraine if a NATO country came into direct conflict with Russia. Is this the plan, and we're pre-emptively preparing for it?
I wouldnt be too concerned. We have exercised and planned for that eventuality for years. These types of exercise and the publicity around it are just for deterrence sake.
We do have contingency plans to deal with a situation where Russia attack along the EFP (Baltic states/Poland). You have to plan for the worst and hope for the best in these situations.
However no, I wouldnt start worrying just yet! I think this is just a situation where they are stressing the need to be prepared. Reality is we dont know how this conflict will end or what the fallout will be (Figurative not literal hopefully).

At first I thought it was a Russian self-own with an S300 friendly-fire but now seeing the Ukranian twitter post of the flight radar showing it's distance from the coast and the damage on that II-22, my money is on another Ukranian Patriot ambush @ extreme range.
If it was Patriot, I'd be very surprised. They would have to be very brave to commit such an important weapon system so close to the front.

Radio intercepts from the Il-22 was asking for fire trucks and ambulances being ready.

Seeing the damage, it's just occured to me that it wasn't just the tailplane that got swiss-cheesed but some of the crew also :cool:

I don't think so. Life probably feels different if you live in Sweden, they have a small population, they're connected by land to Russia, and they have no nuclear weapons. I don't think NATO Generals have any plan to attack Russian forces directly because the consequences of escalation are just too severe.

Last edited:

Probably something which is concerning them - Russia has "leaked" plans to invade Gotland and conducted visits by large groups from intelligence agencies posing as tourists, various "secret" bases found around the region where Russian linked people have bought land/islands and installed infrastructure like helipads, etc. which could be used to support a military campaign and so on and those higher up think they should be much more prepared just in case - unfortunately in many countries the complacency and so on tips the balance at the wrong way.

Germany is preparing for Putin attack against NATO in 2025
:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom