Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Sweden know something we haven't been told?

Especially now we have NATO doing an exercise for a Russian invasion;

I think Russia would only go beyond Ukraine if a NATO country came into direct conflict with Russia. Is this the plan, and we're pre-emptively preparing for it?
I'd say it's two fold. Firstly, be prepared. But probably more importantly, let Russia know you're prepared - so they don't try it.

Wonder if the plane was flying a predictable path and time, which made catching it somewhere at the right moment easy.

Wouldn't surprise me, if they didn't change up where it went and when.

Scanning Ukraine for high density areas of toilets to steal is forcing Russian to fly closer to front line.

I mentioned earlier the il-22 was a prototype from the 1940s, this was probs a Tu-22M

My Pilot buddy says it’s an IL-18.

Last edited:
Away from the hysteria of that Mail take, and the unsurprisingly sensationalist spin of its Bild source (Bild is basically the German equivalent of the Sun), countries around the world continually prepare worst case scenario plans. Germany isn't expecting a Russian invasion, but that doesn't mean it isn't planning in case one happens.

Thats it. The Mail readers will be calling for compulsory dads army reruns for training purposes!

Away from the hysteria of that Mail take, and the unsurprisingly sensationalist spin of its Bild source (Bild is basically the German equivalent of the Sun), countries around the world continually prepare worst case scenario plans. Germany isn't expecting a Russian invasion, but that doesn't mean it isn't planning in case one happens.

The US has a plan for a zombie apocalypse for example

I mean the Ukrainians say anything without fact checking so would take with a pinch of salt as they have propaganda to push.

Doesn't change the fact that it's a loss for Russia though, both financially and logistically but also from a morale viewpoint as they look incompetent and also unable to project any form of power reliably. It's embarrassing as hell for them that they suffer such losses.
Sure comrade. no way little old inferior Ukraine could find a way for their special forces to shoot down their unstoppable flying machines.

Well the Russians have been asking what their air defence is doing :eek:

That would be one hell of a distance for a Patriot missile to cover. You would think the signals given off by the system locking onto the aircraft would give the A-50 time to respond. They would also have to set up the Patriot battery near the front lines and I've no idea how long that takes.

Easier to probably hack the air defence or the missiles in flight..

I'm so confused lol, Russians say they shot down their own planes, Ukranians say nah we did it

Trolling, the more it's trolled the more it's discussed and the subject of downing your own 330million plane due to ineptitude remains in the public eye.. if Ukraine did bring it down, then they continuing to claim when the truth comes out is well a loss of face for Putin's army.

Last edited:
Probably something which is concerning them - Russia has "leaked" plans to invade Gotland and conducted visits by large groups from intelligence agencies posing as tourists, various "secret" bases found around the region where Russian linked people have bought land/islands and installed infrastructure like helipads, etc. which could be used to support a military campaign and so on and those higher up think they should be much more prepared just in case - unfortunately in many countries the complacency and so on tips the balance at the wrong way.

I suspect it may also unlock special 'powers' for authorities such as seizing land or buildings in that scenario.

You could t make this up lol

Russia’s fancy, smancy new glide bombs are falling off its planes, and then the bomb is failing off the glide kit :p

Last edited:
I'd say it's two fold. Firstly, be prepared. But probably more importantly, let Russia know you're prepared - so they don't try it.

Yep. It's all a silly but necessary part of the game, sending out a warning and a message, by the time Russia can rearm after all its current losses, Nato will also have up-armed and scaled up production.

Last edited:
I wonder how much the A-50 was part of the integrated air defence for the Azov area and with it gone does it now leave the bridge exposed?
It will have been quite important for defence but even more important for offense.

The way they got their new hyper long range AA missiles working on the MiG-31 was by disabling/removing the MiG's radar and having the missiles guided by an A-50, with one gone it will impact Russia's suppression of the Ukrainian air force.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: XPE
It will have been quite important for defence but even more important for offense.

The way they got their new hyper long range AA missiles working on the MiG-31 was by disabling/removing the MiG's radar and having the missiles guided by an A-50, with one gone it will impact Russia's suppression of the Ukrainian air force.

Apparently Russia has between 4-6 of these around the globe. If that estimate is correct, the Ukrainians have just dealt the Russians a massive blow globally by taking out a significant percentage of the Russian fleet, along with any kit that requires this planes capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom