Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Russia has between 4-6 of these around the globe. If that estimate is correct, the Ukrainians have just dealt the Russians a massive blow globally by taking out a significant percentage of the Russian fleet, along with any kit that requires this planes capabilities.

If those numbers are correct this might be one of the biggest hits to Russia since the start of the war, I don't think the impact quite dawned on me till now. I was thinking "will they pull another aircraft from somewhere else?" but to run their air campaign they will NEED to pull one from somewhere else.

Two weeks ago the Russians said they had just completed some upgrades to the A50 to improve its performance in tracking F16's. Ukraine doesn't have any F16 yet but now we'll never know how well the awacs performs

Two weeks ago the Russians said they had just completed some upgrades to the A50 to improve its performance in tracking F16's. Ukraine doesn't have any F16 yet but now we'll never know how well the awacs performs
Or maybe Ukraine does already have F16's and the A50 upgrade didn't work very well.

This is the problem with Russia, such a huge wildcard whether anything performs in reality vs on paper and/or whether they have the numbers operational or the skills/experience necessary to operate in a certain way.

If they have already been shot down, then poorly.

This war is ridiculous at this point, Russia clearly can't take Ukraine and they are just throwing bodies at them at this point. But it's not going to stop until Putin dies.

Last edited:
This is the problem with Russia, such a huge wildcard whether anything performs in reality vs on paper and/or whether they have the numbers operational or the skills/experience necessary to operate in a certain way.
The thing that I find quite striking is, that we in the west keep hearing about how X western weapon is turning the tide in Ukraine or how it's Russia's kryptonite (and we seem to hear it for every weapon we send lol) but for every story like that that there's another ten stories about Ukraine ruining Russia's day using Soviet origin weapons that are even older than Russia's Soviet origin weapons.

I.E MiG-29s and Su-27s going up against Su-30s and Su-35s and winning. Ukrainian Su-24s not just outperforming Russia's Su-24s but the Su-34s they built to replace them. Ukrainian built T-64s and T-80s winning duels against Russian built T-72s and T-90s sometimes even while outnumbered. Ukrainian S-200 and S-300 batteries racking up the kills while Russia's S-300 and S-400 batteries seem most effective against stationary hospitals and their own air force.

Either Russia have spent decades of time and money making their Soviet weapons worse, or the people they have operating/piloting them are inept morons, possibly both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom