Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I think at some point this will have to stop before everyone is dragged into it and the way things are going, that will be with a neutral Ukraine (not part of NATO) and Russia keeping Crimea. Trump will win, funding will stop and zelenskys hand will be forced. It’s just the most likely outcome to my mind whether we like it or not.

Well, that was agreed but Vladolf reneged on the agreement and wants the Baltic nations.

Man of Honour
Putin will not stop at only Crimea and the Donbas. If there is a cessation of hostilities or even a pause while 'negotiating'. He will re-arm, resupply, sow seeds of doubt and disinformation throughout the alliance countries of Ukraine then go again with a 3 day special operation. He has to be stopped this time in Ukraine.

Yeah, his justifications in the Tucker interview, again if taken to their natural conclusion, go way beyond stopping at Crimea and the Donbas.

Last edited:
Soldato
Kindly read my post again. I didn’t say what I ‘wanted’ to happen.

I merely stated what I thought ‘would’ happen.

Why would they settle for this if they already have more than this today though?

They're not going to go back to just being happy with Crimea are they?

It doesn't make any sense. This isn't sensible grounds for any peace deal, and Ukraine can't expect anything even this good if they're not actively pushing Russia back.

Soldato
people still denying that?????? BBC and channel 4 did documentaries about it before Ukraine was seen as our ally....

stop prentending its not real we all know azzov are nazi
Putin's Russia is literally Nazi Germany.

It's such an utterly ridiculous argument to justify invading Ukraine because of 'Nazi's.

Caporegime
His rhetoric on all Russian speaking people/lands being Russia is "worrying"
But I think he'll be long dead before Russia are in any situation to do anything realistically about it.
All his crap about NATO expansion is a self fulfilling prophecy...
He's right about the US dollar but an idiot can see that.
I liked his history lesson... Lol

Man of Honour
But I think he'll be long dead before Russia are in any situation to do anything realistically about it.

Maybe, the question is what comes after - don't assume it won't be more of the same or worse as easily as it could be a change towards better.

I've seen little more substance to it than rumours but some people who've previously been in high positions in Russia and/or deeply involved in Russian politics have claimed Putin is one of a small number of powerful people (not oligarchs) who've been controlling Russia for decades including the Yeltsins. And that they are all in accordance and Putin would simply be replaced from within their ranks. (That isn't to say Putin is simply a mouthpiece).

Last edited:
Caporegime
Putin's Russia is literally Nazi Germany.

It's such an utterly ridiculous argument to justify invading Ukraine because of 'Nazi's.
yea they werent really a threat to russia imo

But they do exist and the documentaries about them from western media didn't portray them in a good light.

you can see why you wouldn't want them living next door, but then Russia is basically the reason they are like that anyway

Soldato
For all we know Putin died last year during Prigozhins revolution, and the whole country is being run by a group of Oligarchs who just wheel out their supply of Putin doubles when required.

The institutions within the Kremlin are powerful but need that frontman.

Man of Honour
yea they werent really a threat to russia imo

But they do exist and the documentaries about them from western media didn't portray them in a good light.

you can see why you wouldn't want them living next door, but then Russia is basically the reason they are like that anyway

Thing is, and something Putin touches on with the Nord Stream stuff, they claim they have evidence of the things (atrocities) they claim these Nazis have done, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of it is true, they've never even attempted to bring it up via the international organisations which exist to deal with this stuff, even if they believe they wouldn't get a fair hearing. And from everything I've seen while there has been some Nazi issues in relation to Ukraine it is very much a fringe thing while bad not even remotely justification to invade a whole country, especially not before exhausting the channels which exist for dealing with this stuff.

Azov were brought in under the regular military to try and manage some of this stuff.

EDIT: And as before these far right groups in Ukraine spawned out of Russian ultras so it would be a good idea for Putin to clear house domestically before making a big deal about Nazis in Ukraine.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Maybe, the question is what comes after - don't assume it won't be more of the same or worse as easily as it could be a change towards better.

I've seen little more substance to it than rumours but some people who've previously been in high positions in Russia and/or deeply involved in Russian politics have claimed Putin is one of a small number of powerful people (not oligarchs) who've been controlling Russia for decades including the Yeltsins. And that they are all in accordance and Putin would simply be replaced from within their ranks. (That isn't to say Putin is simply a mouthpiece).
Well that's cheery to think :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom