Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
All of this ^^ Its amazing that some people think this conflict started in 2022, it started in 2014, 2022 was just an escalation as Putin tried and failed to take Kiev. .

Even just reading a bit about the Avdiivka Coke Plant makes you see this started off in 2014

Starting in mid-April 2014, Russian separatists captured several towns in Donetsk Oblast;[8][9] including Avdiivka.[10][failed verification] In July 2014 fighting during which Ukraine secured the city from the Russian separatists[11]) damaged the plant, which was hit by 165 mortars rounds during the conflict.[12][13][14] The plant stopped working on 17 August 2014 due to the increasing violence.[15] On 5 February 2015, the workers of the plant published an open letter to Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko,[16] accusing the 25th Airborne Brigade and the volunteer Aidar Battalion of opening fire from residential areas, and asking that they be removed from the town. The letter also claimed that the town had been without water, heat and electricity for the previous six months and warned of the ecological catastrophe that could follow from further shelling of the plant. After being recaptured by the Ukrainian military, production resumed, albeit at one third capacity.[12] Much of the plant had been damaged and it was being managed from a Soviet era bunker underneath the site in order to avoid shelling.[12] In January 2017, Russian separatists shelled the town of Avdiivka with BM-21 Grad rockets, causing heavy damage to the plant's generators and disrupting gas production, as well as leaving the town without heat for several days.[17][18] The shelling killed the 10th factory employee to die since the start of the War in Donbass.[19]

During the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, Russian forces again bombarded and damaged the coke plant.[20][21] In May 2023 it was put on conservation. In November 2023, it was abandoned by last workers.[22

Last edited:
Soldato
Even just reading a bit about the Avdiivka Coke Plant makes you see this started off in 2014
Something else not often remembered by those who weren't following the topic at the time, is that the "separatists" actually managed to captured the Ukrainian city of Artemivsk in 2014. It was liberated by Ukranian forces later in 2014, and in 2016 it was renamed "Bakhmut".

That's why Russia was so obsessively focused on taking Bakhmut, because it was the only notable city captured by the "separatists" prior to the invasion and for them had something of a "we have to get this back at any cost to prove we're winning" factor.

Caporegime
Yes. But that's not what I said.

Now back to my original statement, which I still stand by: I can't think of a single Australian Prime Minsiter who's given an order for someone to be killed.

Can you?
No you said

"I can't think of a single Australian Prime Minister who's given an order for someone to be killed."

Which is a clear and obvious lie because they ordered many deaths.

Or again where those 26,000 soldiers there on a jolly and not killing anyone?

Last edited:
Soldato
No you said

"I can't think of a single Australian Prime Minister who's given an order for someone to be killed."

I'm just dipping back into the thread, but hasn't it already been clearly established that the specific question and relevant point was about leaders ordering the deaths of their domestic political opponents? Did anyone say that the challenge was to name a leader who hasn't ever authorised military action of any sort?

Caporegime
I'm just dipping back into the thread, but hasn't it already been clearly established that the specific question and relevant point was about leaders ordering the deaths of their domestic political opponents? Did anyone say that the challenge was to name a leader who hasn't ever authorised military action of any sort?
You'd think that but I said

"So say "no Australian pm has had a political rival assasinated" less dramatic sure but its actually accurate."

Which he disagreed with and said it again as a blanket statement so no.

Feel free to press the arrow button and see for yourself.

Last edited:
Soldato
ISW is claiming that for the very first time in this war, Russia was able to provide close air support for ground troop assaults during the last 3 days in Avdiivka, indicating that Russia has achieved air superiority this location, which could be another sign that Ukraine has run out of ammunition

Last edited:
Soldato
ISW is claiming that for the very first time in this war, Russia was able to provide close air support for ground troop assaults during the last 3 days in Avdiivka, indicating that Russia has achieved air superiority this location, which could be another sign that Ukraine has run out of ammunition

Indeed lots of reports of airstrikes hitting, seems to have been a deciding factor for sure.

It's all going to come tumbling down without US aid and the EU ain't plugging the gap either.

But you know, under no circumstances can Russia win......we need to send more motivational quotes from our leaders to Ukraine, that'll help...

Soldato
You'd think that but I said

"So say "no Australian pm has had a political rival assasinated" less dramatic sure but its actually accurate."

Which he disagreed with and said it again as a blanket statement so no.

Feel free to press the arrow button and see for yourself.

Right, but now go back to the video that started the discussion. It was a direct question to Carlson that he didn't talk to Putin about :

"Freedom of speech in Russia, Navalnay, assassinations, restrictions on political opponents in the upcoming elections"

To which Tucker replied about all leaders kill people.

Now, in the context of the question being asked it's obvious the interviewer is asking about targeted assassinations of political opponents but Carlson is trying to paint the false equivalence that all killing is the same, that the obvious smooth brains try a run with as usual.

Unless of course you think say, killing someone in self defense is the same as killing someone on a murder spree.

So when Sankari and others talk about "I can't think of a single Australian Prime Minsiter who's given an order for someone to be killed."

They are using the word 'someone' as a specific person of importance [in the questions context of political assassination] not 'someone' as an unspecified anyone that you are taking the word to mean.

So the interpretation fail is on you. Now for someone like Roar, we know why he does it, but for you, I dunno, I guess it's just down to usual internet pedantry.

Caporegime
No you said

No, you're still being dishonest. The operative word is 'someone' (i.e. a specific person) and the context is the assassination of Navalny.

As if your dishonesty wasn't bad enough, you don't even know how war works. It's fascinating.

Have you considered becoming a Trump supporter? You've got all the right qualities.

Caporegime
I'm just dipping back into the thread, but hasn't it already been clearly established that the specific question and relevant point was about leaders ordering the deaths of their domestic political opponents?

Yes.

Did anyone say that the challenge was to name a leader who hasn't ever authorised military action of any sort?

No. Tefal is being dishonest, and doubling down on his dishonesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom