Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what they’re designed to do TBF
I'm no expert but isnt it flares for IR/thermal seeking and chaff for Radar seeking of which I believe Patriot are? Hopefully someone in the know can elaborate/correct me!
Then again you wouldnt likely see the chaff? only the flares, possible mixed load?

*lots of guess work and lots of questions :cry: Not my domain of expertise...

Last edited:
I'm no expert but isnt it flares for IR/thermal seeking and chaff for Radar seeking of which I believe Patriot are? Hopefully someone in the know can elaborate/correct me!
Then again you wouldnt likely see the chaff? only the flares.

Never thought of the chaff, looking back it could have been that rather than flares but it's dark so will never know what deflected it.

Then again you wouldnt likely see the chaff? only the flares, possible mixed load?

*lots of guess work and lots of questions :cry: Not my domain of expertise...
Chaff and flares are usually deployed together

Never thought of the chaff, looking back it could have been that rather than flares but it's dark so will never know what deflected it.
It may have depleted its chaff and flares
Funny as ****, and if true that will leave massive holes in the air defence coverage and early warning, this could actually be a preemptive operation to a coming offensive with newly deployed F16’s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom