Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

G J

G J

Associate
So this is real then, not just a LARP?

It's ok, Its a mostly peaceful invasion. Going by some peoples logic going across the boarder rioting, looting, burning buildings and killing would be a peaceful protest right.

As I've said for a long time, stuff that there's no way I'll be putting my life on the line to preserve this massively unequal society. I'll let the ones with the most to lose do the fighting.

I'll be surprised the amount of people i.e men willing to go to war would be shocking after years of demonizing them but hey the women and equality people can go ahead. ;)

Man of Honour
Not a chance I'd be going off to fight while the politicians and rich hide away.

Ditto and I had to do my French military service (queue the typical French army jokes.... :o) but I'm not interested in fighting, I'm not dying for a cause I have no belief in - neither would I if France were being invaded.

Give me a gun and I'll defend my family but I'd rather just go somewhere away from all this ****.

Soldato
The footage of a women riding her bike and a shell landing like 10cm in front of her is so ****ing sad.

Saw that too, really depressing, just riding the bike to work, then dead :(

From the pace this is unfolding at I think Russia is hoping most Ukrainians will put down their weapons rather than fight - nominally after long range strikes against AD, airbases, command and supply they'd usually follow it up much quicker with massed cruise missile and artillery and aircraft before rolling the ground offensive.

There doesn't seem to be any pace now, it seems like it's stalled and units are stuck fighting near the borders, I would have expected more bite to an attack from Russia but it seems so weak, do you think day 1 is just being conservative, throw some sacrificial units out so they can get better Intel on Ukraine before a much larger strike ?

Caporegime
The armed services don't do flat footed people right?

What are the laws surrounding using conscription in this country (not that I think we'll get there)?

Permabanned
Wow, delusion factor 100%.
No that was my opinion a week ago. They did not invade a week ago that was misinformation. A week later things have changed just like one time Iraq has wmds then they don’t.

I didn’t expect them to invade that’s the truth but things have changed. If this is an invasion then I’m wrong. Plenty of people have got things wrong in this thread and plenty of others.

Serve me up some of that humble pie gentlemen. :D

Soldato
It's ok, Its a mostly peaceful invasion.

I'll be surprised the amount of people i.e men willing to go to war would be shocking after years of demonizing them but hey the women and equality people can go ahead. ;)

He can go sign up with China for the Taiwan gig if he's seeking communism ;)

Permabanned
Well Bernie Ecclestone has moved one step closer to seeing his wish come true. I always thought he was a good judge of things, but took this wish as a bit off the wall.... garnett may want to take his tranquillisers before reading the article ;)

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...mir-putin-in-charge-europe-sir-martin-sorrell

"Vladimir Putin should be put in charge of Europe, Donald Trump would make an excellent US president and immigration has brought no benefits whatsoever to the UK.

The Formula One supremo was quickly trending on Twitter after he claimed that women would “never be taken seriously” in his sport and revealed that he was “100% an outer” in the EU referendum debate.

“I think Europe has become less important, full stop,” he told the WPP chief executive, Sir Martin Sorrell, during a conversation at Advertising Week Europe in London.

Sorrell asked if he meant western Europe, eastern Europe, or both, and pointed out that Ecclestone was a great admirer of Putin and what he had done on the continent.
Ecclestone replied: “He should be running Europe.” Sorrell then asked: “He should be in Brussels running Europe?”

“No, we should get rid of Brussels and he should just be in charge,” Ecclestone said. “He does what he says he’s gonna do, he gets the job done. I mean people don’t understand exactly what he wants to do ... He wants to put Russia back to what it was.”

Caporegime
Just an illustration of how this was all planned well in advance/stage-managed - the security council meeting where the reps from the breakaway Republics come to ask for Russia help, broadcast at 5pm, it was recorded hours earlier:

His announcement of the invasion that was broadcast in the early hours of this morning... recorded 3 days ago on the 21st:

Soldato
So the truth is clear now, Ukraine will be de-militarized, their Government will be throw out and mass arrests with what i assume will be life sentances in vile jails for who he says are responsable for war crimes in the East. I`m sure many if not all of the arests will be based on lies.

Ukraine MK 2 will basically be an all pro Russian Government no doubt.

Soldato
There doesn't seem to be any pace now, it seems like it's stalled and units are stuck fighting near the borders, I would have expected more bite to an attack from Russia but it seems so weak, do you think day 1 is just being conservative, throw some sacrificial units out so they can get better Intel on Ukraine before a much larger strike ?
Russia needs to get Ukraine to lay down their weapons and have Russian security forces take over. Just look at the fake news their tolls are putting out. Russia wants Ukraine, and the Ukrainian people to be part of Russia again, not obliterate it from existence.

Too much death and destruction and the weak will flee, and the strong will fight to the last man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom