Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Trumps back on form you cant argue with his ability to speak facts

only president of 21st century to stop russia invading other countries, hes just laid it down russia wouldnt of gone near ukraine on his watch
While I think Trump is a grade A piece of **** you're not wrong, I'm pretty sure if it hadn't been for Covid putting the world on pause then Putin would have started making moves on Ukraine as soon as Biden moved into the white house. For all his negative aspects Trump was the strongest US president since Reagan when it came to standing up to Russia militarily (not economically obviously as he weakened sanctions and started letting them sell their asbestos in the USA again lol), the dude straight up publicly humiliated Putin in Syria lol.

Soldato
While I think Trump is a grade A piece of **** you're not wrong, I'm pretty sure if it hadn't been for Covid putting the world on pause then Putin would have started making moves on Ukraine as soon as Biden moved into the white house. For all his negative aspects Trump was the strongest US president since Reagan when it came to standing up to Russia militarily (not economically obviously as he weakened sanctions and started letting them sell their asbestos in the USA again lol), the dude straight up publicly humiliated Putin in Syria lol.

this is where i am with trump, domestically and some of the stuff he says hes a grade a idiot
tbut as for being a STRONG leader to stand up to north korea/china/russia there's no better man for the job, they didnt dare try anything while he was in power

Man of Honour

Mostly it was just that Trump was so unpredictable.

Caporegime

Well i'm not so sure about Syria considering the warhawks that roam the Pentagon likely wanted Al Assad gone and Russia still has a naval base in the region. Russia ultimately achieved their goal there.

Soldato
I'm genuinely surprised that Russia havnt taken globalhawk out of the sky yet, its watching their every move. providing so much intel, its unmanned. I'm sure US would kick up a stink but I'm certain nothing would come of it.

Man of Honour
I'm genuinely surprised that Russia havnt taken globalhawk out of the sky yet, its watching their every move. providing so much intel, its unmanned. I'm sure US would kick up a stink but I'm certain nothing would come of it.

Amongst other things probably because it would be replaced pretty quickly.

While they might win the war of attrition in that respect as missiles cheaper shooting down a few of them probably would cause more of a problem and/or they'd be replaced with manned missions.

Soldato
Some of you folks are well and truly loopy, with memories full of holes if you think Trump would have stood up to Putin! All the evidence points to exactly the opposite - who was it that tried to get Russia back into the G8 (G7 at the time)? Trump of course; Putin's lap dog. Trump stand up to Putin my arse!

Caporegime
Some of you folks are well and truly loopy, with memories full of holes if you think Trump would have stood up to Putin! All the evidence points to exactly the opposite - who was it that tried to get Russia back into the G8 (G7 at the time)? Trump of course; Putin's lap dog. Trump stand up to Putin my arse!

Trump looks up to Putin, he wants to be him, given the chance he would have changed the constitution so he could stay in power like Putin. There’s more chance Trump would join Russia and invade Ukraine than to fight against him. Sounds mad but nothing Trump does makes sense!

Soldato
Some of you folks are well and truly loopy, with memories full of holes if you think Trump would have stood up to Putin! All the evidence points to exactly the opposite - who was it that tried to get Russia back into the G8 (G7 at the time)? Trump of course, Putin's lap dog. Trump stand up to Putin my arse!
*Devils advocate* Mabye if Putin was included and was taken seriously, this sort of thing wouldnt have happened. (I dont actually 100% believe this)
We'll never know though. I'm not for a second advocating Putins actions here at all. Regardless this is the situation we find ourselves in and its not great.

Soldato

trump had putin, china and north korea on side

he kept them happy and prevented anything happening, hes the only one to ever do that

russia 100% would not be in ukraine right now

Soldato
trump had putin, china and north korea on side

he kept them happy and prevented anything happening, hes the only one to ever do that

russia 100% would not be in ukraine right now

He kept them happy by letting them get away with anything they wanted, and being very soft on them… which has given them the confidence to attempt to do this kind of thing.

Putin was paying money to Afghans for killing American soldiers. Captain bone spurs covered it up and didn’t nothing. A traitor.

Soldato
The mistake you're making is looking at it as black/white, 0/1, wet/dry, etc. The world isn't that simple, yes Trump was Putin's lap dog when it came to trade/economic matters, but on matters of defence/military he was harder on Russia than any president since Reagan, Putin was outright afraid to mess with him especially after Trump humiliated him in Syria. If you don't know what I'm referring too there, Putin was trying to strongman in Syria and act all big for Assad, Trump basically called him and said "I'm about to blow up that Syrian base your boys are at, tell them they got x mins to leave and not to warn the Syrians or I won't call you next time". Putin not only got made to look like a weak idiot but got made to look like a weak idiot in front of Assad, the very dictator he was trying to impress because he had to let all of Assad's dudes get missiles up the *** to avoid upsetting Trump.

This is the reason Putin delayed doing this until Trump left office, despite the delays having obviously been more beneficial to Ukraine than Russia.

Soldato
It's 50k+ ft in altitude, will take a pricey rocket to blow one up, for what benefit when it'll just get replaced

Soldato
He kept them happy by letting them get away with anything they wanted, and being very soft on them… which has given them the confidence to attempt to do this kind of thing.

Putin was paying money to Afghans for killing American soldiers. Captain bone spurs covered it up and didn’t nothing. A traitor.
Being soft on them? he charged china billions of dollars to export its steel into america which it had never had to do before

Man of Honour
This is the reason Putin delayed doing this until Trump left office, despite the delays having obviously been more beneficial to Ukraine than Russia.

I'm not sure Putin would have gone any earlier - the program to get some of the weapons back into service (203 and 240mm artillery for instance) only ended in December 2021, getting some of the other stuff together also took time. They've mostly pulled a lot of older stock back into service for this which wouldn't impact on Russia's long standing active military capability.

Caporegime
This hasn't been verified yet but not necessarily implausible if some of the footage from Ukraine has gotten back to them or indeed some of the news re: Russian losses... I mentioned before the invasion that Russian tank crews/armoured infantry won't be too happy at all about those UK-supplied NLAWs, I guess Russian airforce and airborne infantry haven't been too happy about stingers etc.. the attrition for Russian forces so far has been a bit ridiculous, troops about to deploy might well be rather opposed to being sent in now:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom