Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The Russian, Piers Morgan.

Think this is our air raid siren these days?

https://www.gov.uk/alerts

The worrying thing is, Russia has plans for nuclear war with nuclear bunkers in their cities, the West has nothing for citizens apart from the underground railways unless there's semi secret bunkers we don't know about but should know about just in case ?

I don't know why people are still driving around in this warzone, they are so lucky to not get hit

Soldato
The worrying thing is, Russia has plans for nuclear war with nuclear bunkers in their cities, the West has nothing for citizens apart from the underground railways unless there's semi secret bunkers we don't know about but should know about just in case ?

I don't know why people are still driving around in this warzone, they are so lucky to not get hit
Oh there are bunkers all over the UK, your just not on the list

Soldato
It is fog of war.

If Ukrainian forces are being smashed, they won't report it, as it's bad for morale. If their troops are surrounded and captured they won't be talking to anyone but Russian interrogators. The Russians are most unlikely to release information while operations are active- as that is useful intelligence for their enemy.

Look back to the recent US withdrawal from Afghanistan for how a military operation can be conducted with close to total control of information.

I don't want the Russians to win, but I'm realistic enough to know they might have strategic objectives they can achieve.

Having said all that, I just don't see where they go when this ends.
Yeah pretty much. Handing out AK47's to civilians and pointing them in the direction of Russian soldiers is not always going to go their way.

Caporegime
I feel like we’re deliberately provoking Putin now

That's how it's going to be seen. Might be time to back off for a bit

Unfortunately this is like a game of chess with an opponent who might flip the table at any time.

I wish we could lump everything on him. But I just don't trust his reaction. But in other hand, this cannot be seen to be acceptable. China could do with supporting the west

Man of Honour
With Kyiv now in a state of siege, I wonder how much longer the capital can hold. Frankly I'm impressed that they've lasted this long.

Depends on how well prepared they are, how long they can sustain moral and communications/organisation, ammo especially anti-tank and water supplies.

Kyiv was designed when it was rebuilt post WW2 to be a tough city to crack by any Western forces but it doesn't always work like that.

Caporegime
Depends on how well prepared they are, how long they can sustain moral and communications/organisation, ammo especially anti-tank and water supplies.

Kyiv was designed when it was rebuilt post WW2 to be a tough city to crack by any Western forces but it doesn't always work like that.

I've seen this mentioned, how was it designed? Got any links? I can't find anything and it sounds intresting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom