Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
WTF are Sky News smoking? Its gone from Putin "reminding" the west that he has Nuclear deterrent and putting them on heightened alert, most likely just scare tactic. Now they are talking about russia nuking kyiv...:confused: Scaremongering at its best...

Soldato
WTF are Sky News smoking? Its gone from Putin "reminding" the west that he has Nuclear deterrent and putting them on heightened alert, most likely just scare tactic. Now they are talking about russia nuking kyiv...:confused: Scaremongering at its best...
They haven't got the covid bogeyman anymore.

Soldato
Yeah pretty much. Handing out AK47's to civilians and pointing them in the direction of Russian soldiers is not always going to go their way.

The focus on kiev means the press is not showing what is happening in mariupol. That has to be a key early objective.

If the Russians take that, they improve their logistics considerably.

To the people wondering how long kiev can hold out: the siege has not yet started. Once the city is ringed, that is a siege.

Soldato
I'm glad the EU are committed to helping, but how exactly is that going to work? I'm not even trying to be comical here but surely the conversation would go like:

EU: We're going to buy you fighter jets!
Ukraine: Great, can you go to Russia and pick us up some Su-27, and maybe some MiG-29 if you have time?
EU: Er, no we just sanctioned them and anyway I don't think they would sell you them right now, we-
Ukraine: Okay, can you go to China and pick us up some Shenyang J-11 please? It's the same plane just made from recycled Coke cans.
EU: Look we're going to send you Eurofighter Typhoons, they're really good honest!
Ukraine: Dunno how to use em mate, we fly Sukhoi and MiG.
EU: We can train you!
Ukraine: Yeah, we're gonna be dead by then mate. You think maybe you could give the Typhoons to Poland and they can send us their MiGs or something?

How about:
Ukraine: We don't know how to fly these.
EU: You don't need to fly it. Just sit someone in it and an EU pilot will fly it remotely for you.

Soldato
All their jets are SU era, I doubt theres many kicking about that the EU has available?
Poland still has 30+ MiG-29 in operation, I'm sure they would part with them on the promise of free Typhoons or something.

How about:
Ukraine: We don't know how to fly these.
EU: You don't need to fly it. Just sit someone in it and an EU pilot will fly it remotely for you.
Because this isn't a computer game.

Soldato
Why would Russian bots not be filling social media platforms across the world with stories of their glorious victories? They seem to manage to fill it with positive doing on Boris and Trump!

Why would they disclose sensitive military information during operations? That would be stupid, don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom