Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I am curious what the Ukrainian plan is for dealing with the two bridges (Kherson and Nova Kakhovka) which can't really be traversed without risking getting trapped on the other side, but it would also work against Russian forces to lose those bridges as it would effectively end their ability to retake that city and makes the plan to capture Odessa/connect with Transnistria practically impossible to achieve

Does allow both forces to focus on the Donbas however which probably isn't in Ukraine's interest but I suppose we'll see soon enough what their counteroffensive is.

Ukraine absolutely needs to blow the bridge to crimea asap as it immediately cuts off a major supply route for the southern forces unless they want to do a beach landing and test ukraines anti ship missles again

Soldato
Since it's described as "not conforming to NATO standards" could it be as simple as ammo that fits in Soviet spec weapons that doesn't fit in NATO weapons.

It looks that way from the List that was released - https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...als-pledge-advanced-weapons-during-kyiv-visit

Caporegime
I honestly question my sanity a bit when I see Sims 3 being described as nationalist (anti-Russian) paraphernalia... This apparently the same organisation which successfully used a radiological weapon and unsuccessfully used a chemical weapon on British soil?

Brings up a lot of unsavoury questions, but I guess they may have simply been the ones that got through or were simply the best units they had.

Associate
I honestly question my sanity a bit when I see Sims 3 being described as nationalist (anti-Russian) paraphernalia... This apparently the same organisation which successfully used a radiological weapon and unsuccessfully used a chemical weapon on British soil?
Brings up a lot of unsavoury questions, but I guess they may have simply been the ones that got through or at a stretch some of their more professional units.

"was it put a 3 SIM in picture or SIM 3 comrade?"
"Don't know, do both"

edit: someone inside FSB sabotageing Putins ordered Nazi evidence?

Last edited:
Soldato
As well as overall incompetence, stuff like this is why the Russian military struggles
Before the war I really thought Russia would be good at this sort of stuff, security being their speciality. I also thought they had a good army. Oh how this 'special operation' has shown up the cracks, we can now see Russia for the phoney nation they are. Quite unbelievable really

Soldato
I noticed @0007 already posted a mention of this story earlier.

I just found a different source talking about both Finland and Sweden aim to both apply to Nato in mid to late May together.

IL:n tiedot: Suomi ja Ruotsi pyrkivät hakemaan Natoon yhtä aikaa toukokuussa
https://www.iltalehti.fi/politiikka/a/d2dc4797-c396-421a-a33e-490d5ed7c240

Google translate in a modern day miracle :)

IL data: Finland and Sweden are aiming to join NATO at the same time in May.

The Swedish government has requested that Finland and Sweden have a common date for the publication of NATO applications. This day is being prepared for the week beginning May 16th.

Soldato
SU-34 in flat spin + crash. Ooof.
How do they know it was an Su-34? From that distance it's impossible to tell them apart from Su-27/30/33/35/37.

Guessing they found the wreckage?

I guess they didn't watch Top Gun in the USSR.
I know it's a joke, but that was just a film, in reality the G forces would have rendered both Maverick and Goose unconscious long before Goose developed the (short lived) plot armour to overpower the G forces and pull his ejection cables.

Flat spins were (and still are) considered unrecoverable (outside of video games of course) and highly un-survivable. That's why training to avoid them became so paramount for F-14 pilots as that aircraft was overly susceptible.

Last edited:
Associate
Ukraine absolutely needs to blow the bridge to crimea asap as it immediately cuts off a major supply route for the southern forces unless they want to do a beach landing and test ukraines anti ship missles again

I'm not sure if this is a good idea, if you blow the bridge this just makes the Russians more determined to keep the land route to Crimea open - it removes the option of Russia "completing" it's special operation and reverting back to the pre-war position; if Ukraine and sanctions hurt enough, this might be Russia's way out of the war. Cutting the bridge compels them to fight on - in the short term it helps, but what is the effect on the bigger picture.

Caporegime
Apparently (apply thy Twitter salt) the guy who phoned his wife to seek approval for rape has been captured. If this turns out to be true then hopefully they attempt to keep him mostly in one piece for trial as it would be an immense irritation for Putin to have a live ICC trial, but also importantly to seek genuine justice.

Soldato
Past 8hrs:
*Ukraine's Donetsk Governor Kyrylenko Says Four Civilians Including Children Killed In Region On Monday
*Polish Prime Minister Morawiecki: Poland Has Delivered Tanks To Ukraine

*Norway's Aftenposten Post: Norwegian Authorities Have Arrested 20 Activists For Preventing A Russian Oil Tanker From Unloading In Copenhagen
*Elysee: French President Macron Discussed Ukraine War With US President Biden On Monday Phone Call After Re-Election
*Elysee: French President Macron, U.S. President Biden In Brief Call Agreed To Discuss Ukraine War, Other Issues In More Detailed Manner Soon

*Russian Ministry Of Defense: Destroyed 6 Railway Facilities Used To Supply Ukrainian Forces With Foreign Weapons
*Russian Ministry Of Defense: On The 25th, The Russian Air Force Used High-precision Missiles To Paralyze 27 Ukrainian Military Installations
*Russian Ministry Of Defense: In The Past 24 Hours, More Than 9,000 People Have Been Evacuated To Russia From Dangerous Areas In Ukraine And The Donbas Republics

*Russian Belgorod Governor Gladkov: Border Villages In Honshu Were Attacked By Ukraine
*Russian Belgorod Governor Gladkov: Village In Russia's Belgorod Region Bordering Ukraine Was Shelled, Two People Injured
*Russian Foreign Ministry: The Negotiating Teams Of Russia And Ukraine Are Still There, And The Negotiation Process Is Not Over
*Russian Foreign Ministry: The Ukraine Incident Has Far- Reaching Consequences, And The Focus Is On Avoiding Large-Scale Conflict
*Russian State Duma Chairman Volodin: If Russia Launched A "War" In Ukraine, It Would Not Have Taken So Long And Would Have Ended Long Ago

Past 5hrs:
*White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki: President Biden To Have Talks On Additional Ukraine Funding
*White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki: President Biden To Propose Longer-Term Ukraine Aid Package
*White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki: Size Of New Ukraine Aid Request Likely Later This Week
*White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki: US Review On Tariffs Against China Ongoing
*White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki: Nothing To Preview On China Tariffs At Present
*White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki: US To Continue Reviewing More Russia Sanctions
*White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki: Still Reviewing Sanctions Aimed At Russian President Putin, There Is More US Will Likely Do
*White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki: US Following China's Covid-19 Situation Closely
*White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki: No Decrease In Ships Coming To US Ports From Asia Yet
*U.S. Energy Secretary Granholm: U.S. Oil Supply Will Increase By 1 Million Barrels Per Day, Which Will Help Stabilize Oil Prices
*US Senate Democratic Leader Schumer: Expecting Ukraine Aid Request Later This Week
*US Senate Democratic Leader Schumer: Expects SWIFT, Bipartisan Support For Next Round Of Ukraine Aid
*US Senate Democratic Leader Schumer: Senate Will Prioritize Vote On Ambassador To Ukraine

*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: Russia To Continue Contacts With Ukrainian President Zelenskiy's Team
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: Situation In Ukraine Will End With A Treaty But Its Content Will Depend On The Military Situation
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: Military Situation To Determine Any Agreement With Ukraine
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: Risks Of Nuclear War "Serious, Real" But Russia's Position Is Inadmissibility Of Such War
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: Russia Seeks To Reduce The Current "Serious" Threat Of Nuclear War
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: Weapons Delivered To Ukraine From The West Will Be "Legitimate Targets" For Russian Military
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: NATO "Essentially" Engaging Into War With Russia Through A Proxy And Arming That Proxy
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: The United States And NATO Want To Push The NATO Defense Line To The South China Sea
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: Russia And The United States Currently Have No Trusted Communication Channels
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: The Situation In Ukraine Will End With The Signing Of A Treaty
*Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: Russia Hopes That Western Countries, When Considering Zelensky's Call To Send NATO Troops To Ukraine, Live Up To Its Own Pledge Not To Start A Third World War

oarpVQ0.png
PoZDTjM.png

Past 4hrs:
*UK Military Intelligence: The Russian Invasion Of Ukraine Has Significantly Disrupted Ukrainian Agricultural Production
*UK Military Intelligence: Ukrainian Grain Harvest For 2022 Likely To Be Around 20% Lower Than 2021 Due To Reduced Sowing Areas Following Invasion
*UK Military Intelligence- Reduced Grain Supply From Ukraine Will Generate Inflationary Pressures, Elevating The Global Price Of Grain
https://twitter.com/DefenceHQ/status/1518697070294671360

*Britain To Cut Ukraine Tariffs To Zero To Help Its Economy
*Britain Bans Exports To Russia Of Technology "That Could Be Used To Strike Ukraine"
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-announces-new-trade-measures-to-support-ukraine

vNwEgnV.png
EpgIQhE.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom