Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm stunned by the ones who want to see us dragged into the middle of this and potentially destroyed.

So you'd appease Putin, let him invade Ukraine, eradicate it as a nation, do who knows what with its citizens, we've already seen evidence of war crimes and then who is next? Moldova, Finland? When do you say enough is enough? Ukraine said no, they are fighting for their nations very survival and you want to through them under the bus. You would have been great in 1939, we'd all be speaking German now.

Soldato
— Bloomberg (CET Time)
ewBQk8x.png
cGrbwWi.png

*Checkpoint in Russia’s Kursk Region Came Under Fire — TASS Cites Governor
*No Casualties or Damage After Checkpoint Shelled in Russia’s Kursk Region — RIA Cites Governor
kNeuuEc.png

*The Representative of the Donetsk People’s Republic in the Joint Center for Supervision and Coordination of the Ceasefire System Stated That in the Past 24 Hours, the Ukrainian Armed Forces Opened Fire on the Territory of the Republic 25 Times, Firing 170 Rounds, Killing 7 People and Injuring 45 Others — RIA
https://ria.ru/20220429/dnr-1786070695.html

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Who even are you? Some random guy has decided that we must fight World War 3 because he doesn't want "more nonsense", is there something in the water that has sharply dropped IQs?
Who is calling for world war 3 ? Get a grip of yourself. A stand is a united front to Russia where we do not give them or make it easy for Russia to get what it wants.

Soldato
For missiles to be fired into Kiev when the head of the UN is there leaves me thinking Putin is capable of anything really.

I see him getting more frustrated and reckless the longer this goes on.

Associate
You wouldn't know about it without the media pumping the rhetoric though.
Honestly, not really. Sure, watching it you come away thinking he’s a nasty piece of work but you’d also come to the same conclusion watching the Russian media! That bit of theatre with all the top politicians and generals pre invasion. Or any of their state media talking head shows.
I think a lot of the reporting I have seen has in general been pretty good. When it comes down to it it’s hard to try and bring both sides of the story when their side is so much, paper thin nonsense.

Besides, if folks didn’t already think he was a horrific human being pre-invasion then they weren’t paying attention.

Consigliere
For missiles to be fired into Kiev when the head of the UN is there leaves me thinking Putin is capable of anything really.

I see him getting more frustrated and reckless the longer this goes on.

Mm my thoughts also...and the more desperate he gets, the closer his fingers moves to the red button. :(

Soldato
So you'd appease Putin, let him invade Ukraine, eradicate it as a nation, do who knows what with its citizens, we've already seen evidence of war crimes and then who is next? Moldova, Finland? When do you say enough is enough? Ukraine said no, they are fighting for their nations very survival and you want to through them under the bus. You would have been great in 1939, we'd all be speaking German now.

I'm not sure that sanctioning Russia to high hell, along with providing it's enemy billions of dollars of cutting edge lethal aid - qualifies as appeasment, to be honest.

Nobody is throwing Ukraine under a bus, and whilst it might feel good to imagine a huge NATO force getting involved and giving the Russians a good spanking on the field of battle, but it just can't happen with the current circumstances.

It can't happen, because the stakes of getting involved in a hot war with Russia on behalf of another non-NATO country are just too high, if we do - there's a very real path of escalation directly to a nuclear war.

Getting involved in a full blown hot war with Russia (which is what would need to happen) would result in carnage and catastrophe the likes of which we've never seen before, it could even ultimately end the human race, or put it back a few thousand years.

Soldato
Past 30mins:
CX5PuAX.png
r
6pRttHg.png
fCnXaYx.png
BJHo48F.png
DIDCOms.png

rQoHDhU.png
3AN0S95.png

The spoilers need to match the underlying theme ASAP, AHH my eyes, love ya really mods :)

Last edited:
Soldato

Past 1hr 15mins:

NpV9nOb.png

*Russia’s Federal Security Service Facility in Bryansk Region Came Under Fire From Ukraine- Governor — RTRS
*According to Polish Radio, Poland Has Provided Ukraine With More Than 200 T-72 Tanks and Dozens of Infantry Fighting Vehicles

*Finnish Foreign Minister Haavisto: Very Important Sweden and Finland Can Make Security Decisions in Same Direction and in Same Time Frame
*Swedish Foreign Minister Linde: Sweden Has Not Come To a Conclusion on NATO Membership Yet
*Swedish Foreign Minister Linde: Overall Impression Is That if Sweden and Finland Apply It Will Be Positively Received by NATO Members
*Finnish Foreign Minister Haavisto: During NATO Application Period Countries Need to Rely on Own Security and Defence
*Finnish Foreign Minister Haavisto: If Security Situation Comes More Challenging Finland and Sweden Can Increase Military Cooperation
6j951rh.png

JoZacCt.png
JgVPdHI.png
H4PimVa.png
3uqybPF.png

'The map below is the latest Defence Intelligence update on the situation in Ukraine - 29 April 2022'

FRgKsZ9WUAA-RRh

Last edited:
Soldato
Russia has approximately 1,000 nuclear weapons, do you know how much damage Russia can do to the West? You're so keen to roll the dice on your life and everyone elses, why aren't you out fighting in Ukraine living out your suicidal fantasy?

What a stupid statement. I point out that the UK has Trident and you assume I want a nuclear war.

Soldato
*Russian Oil Firm Rosneft Could Supply Oil via Intermediaries for Smooth Trade, Payment -Sources — RTRS

Zj8oSzI.png
EbfG13N.png
HlrQi89.png

*Russia’s Central Bank: Sets Key Rate at 14% (Previous 17%)
*Russia’s Central Bank: Sees Its Key Rate in the 12.5-14.0% Range in 2022 (Previous Fcast 9.0-11.0%)
*Russia’s Central Bank: Sees 2022 Inflation at 18.0-23.0% (Previous Fcast 5.0-6.0%)
*Russia’s Central Bank: Sees 2022 GDP Down 8.0-10.0% (Previous Fcast Increase By 2.0-3.0%)
*Russia’s Central Bank: Though Having Decreased Slightly, Proinflationary Risks Are Still Considerable
*Russia’s Central Bank: the Decline in the Potential of Russia’s Economy Driven by Restrictions May Turn Out to Be More Pronounced Than the Baseline Scenario Assumes
*Russia’s Central Bank: Sees 2022 Average Urals Oil Price at $75/bbl in Base Scenario (Previous Fcast: $70/Bbl)
*Russia’s Central Bank: Sees 2022 Current Account Surplus at $145 Billion (Previous Fcast Surplus at $133 Billion)
*Russia’s Central Bank: Sees 2022 Net Private Capital Outflow at $151 Billion (Previous Fcast $75 Billion)
*Russia’s Central Bank: Will Take Into Account Actual and Expected Inflation Dynamics Relative to the Target and Economic Transformation Processes
*Russia’s Central Bank: Over a Short-Term Horizon, the Effect of Proinflationary Factors Is Likely to Be Accentuated by High and Unanchored Inflation Expectations
*Russia’s Central Bank: Movements of the Economy and Inflation Will Also Depend on Future Fiscal Policy Decisions
*Russia’s Central Bank: Rouble Exchange Rate Dynamics Will Remain a Meaningful Factor Shaping the Path of Inflation and Inflation Expectations
*Russia’s Central Bank: Disinflationary Risks to the Baseline Scenario Are Mostly Linked to the Possible Additional Tightening of Monetary Conditions in The Economy
*Russia’s Central Bank: if the Situation Develops in Line With the Baseline Forecast, the Bank of Russia Sees Room for Key Rate Reduction in 2022
*Russia’s Central Bank: High-Frequency Indicators Point to a Contraction in Consumer And Business Activity
*Russia’s Central Bank: Lending Activity Is Decreasing, Especially In The Retail Lending Market
7MizTH4.png

*Russian Presidential Press Secretary Peskov: Russia Is Preparing for the G20 Summit in Indonesia Later This Year but Says It’s Too Early to Say More
*Russian Presidential Press Secretary Peskov: Russia Has Not yet Decided Whether Putin Will Attend in Person or via Video Conference
*Russian Presidential Press Secretary Peskov: Russia Has Not Invited Any Foreign Leaders to This Year’s May 9 World War Two Victory Day Parade In Moscow
*Russian Presidential Press Secretary Peskov, Commenting on Idea in US Congress to Use Seized Russian Assets in Ukraine’s Benefit, Said It Would Be Illegal Expropriation
*Russian Presidential Press Secretary Peskov, Asked About Idea of Pegging Rouble Rate to Gold Prices, Says It’s Under Discussion

*German Economy Ministry Spokesperson: European Guidelines Say That Paying Euros/Dollars to K Account Does Not Violate European Sanctions Law if European Buyers of Russian Gas Declare That Such Payment Fulfills Their Contractual Obligation
*Swedish Markets Minister: Government Has Decided on 1.6 Billion SEK to Strengthen Military on Island of Gotland

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom