Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So these industries don't employ people who pay tax and NI? The companies they work for don't pay tax and NI?
Which is irrelevant, you know very well that this conflict has had a significant impact on the average person's cost of living, to try and argue that its in anyway beneficial to average Joe because the arms industry is making a profit is absurd. I guess you're in favour of electric and gas prices being multitudes higher, because we all benefit when Shell and BP pay more tax, right?

Soldato
To be fair Bradley has a decent enough 25mm cannon on it capable of making a mess of any external equipment on a tank if it can get a burst in first. They couldn't really destroy the tank but they could render its capabilities suitably degraded, IIRC the tank was later finished off by drones.

That little Bradley did pan the T90 into next week! On paper the T90 should swat the Bradley with ease, but I suppose that’s only on Russian paper, so likely 60% salt. I don’t think this type of engagement should be common place.

Last edited:
Associate
Yea just rewatched there are two different Bradley's in the video vs the t90m and a potential 3rd off screen engaging something unseen (top right hand corner of the video at the start you'll see autocannon fire, which I assume is another 3rd Bradley).

As for the two bradleys - the original one you seen on screen pulls back to the bottom right of the video, and another comes down from the middle right of the video along side the debris/trees just as the explosion happens early on in the video to take over.

Last edited:
Soldato
People are forgetting that the t90 is pretty much a t-72 hull with a t80 turret added to it and a few upgrades.

The Bradley despite the “pentagon wars” was supposed to be an infantry fighting vehicle, i.e a replacement for the light tank (Patton).

The chain gun with the armour piercing round’s should be able to find a way through as the majority of protection on no a t90 is the explosive reactive armour which is quite ineffective against solid projectiles repeat hits.

Just shows how much of a show Russian tech is, a lot of third world countries must be looking at their stock nervously

Soldato
The bradleys whilst a lot more lightly armed than a MBT certainly pack enough punch to ruin a tankies day very quickly.

they proved their worth in Iraq and seem to be doing so again in Ukraine, especially effective when hunting in packs like This.

as for those clamouring for A10s to be sent over a crate of drones would be far more effective.

BUT from a putting the fear of god into opposition forces A10's certainly have a lot more shall we say BRRRRT than any weaponised drone will. Sometimes the propaganda and the headlines are worth tenfold what the actual combat effect would be.

I'd imagine a show squadron of A10's sticking to mainly friendly skies with some hand picked support missions would soon have a huge effect on moral for both sides

Don
Were the Bradleys that were sent to Ukraine, were they also supplied with TOW AT missiles?

It looks like the T90 takes an absolute pounding, a couple of TOW hits if that was supplied, before the final explosion. Looked like they were using one Bradley as bait, whilst other lined up a TOW show from behind.

Associate
I'm very sure they were supplied with the TOW missiles.

What I wonder is, how many do Ukraine have left? In September time ish, maybe even earlier reports were saying ~ 30 total loses and 30-31 damaged (out of the original 186 sent), some other reports saying as much as 58 total losses.

Last edited:
Soldato
Were the Bradleys that were sent to Ukraine, were they also supplied with TOW AT missiles?

It looks like the T90 takes an absolute pounding, a couple of TOW hits if that was supplied, before the final explosion. Looked like they were using one Bradley as bait, whilst other lined up a TOW show from behind.

Yes, they are the older variant, basically the upgrade between gulf war and Iraq war.

Everything bar sights, electronics and ew warfare is the same as the modern Bradley serving

Soldato
Which is irrelevant, you know very well that this conflict has had a significant impact on the average person's cost of living, to try and argue that its in anyway beneficial to average Joe because the arms industry is making a profit is absurd. I guess you're in favour of electric and gas prices being multitudes higher, because we all benefit when Shell and BP pay more tax, right?

Well maybe get Roar to have a word with Vlad and ask him to pull out all his troops from Ukraine, return to pre 2014 borders and pinky promise never to invade a neighbour again. Or I guess we could all just bow down to Putin, let him take everything he wants and not spend any money on our military.

And you forgot we are huge exporter of arms, we were before the war and we remain so.

Soldato
The trouble with using a TOW in that situation is that the Bradley would have to sit still at the end of that road to use it, opening itself up to a main gun round hit from the T-90. TOW is meant to be launched at range without the target knowing it’s coming as it’s usually mounted on lightly armoured platforms.

The Chaingun hits obviously caused significant damage to the T-90 as the turret went into “helicopter mode” due to the traverse system failing.

Soldato
I know something about this has been posted before
But i feel it needs to be posted about again for the people that missed it :cry:

What the bets Putin will have 24/7 electric & heating :mad:

Desperate Vladimir Putin plunges 22 million Russians into darkness in bitter -22C winter

Vladimir Putin has reportedly ordered rolling energy blackouts across Moscow as temperatures reach - 22C.

The blackouts are said to cover the entire Moscow metropolitan area which has a total population of around 22 million.

The order issued states that electricity is "not to exceed 12 hours per day" with the blackouts in place from January 14 through March 31 2024, according to Ukraine commentator Igor Sushko.

Sushko posted on X: "The entire Moscow metropolitan area, population 22 million, will have rolling blackouts of electricity "not to exceed 12 hours per day" from January 14 through March 31, 2024. - announced by the fascist state."

Last edited:
Soldato
I know something about this has been posted before
But i feel it needs to be posted about again for the people that missed it :cry:

46% of Russia’s gross national product heading to military spending in effect.

Its day 693 of Valdolfs 3 day special military operation and 22,000,000 Russians face the prospect of freezing to death and the Stasi is back baby.

Caporegime
M2 Bradley Vs T72+ is the stuff I've dreamed of in games since getting Team Yankee on my Amiga :p

As for the rolling blackouts... That's sn interesting development. One more to push the population to the brink. Or unite them an male them stronger :/

Last edited:
Soldato
M2 Bradley Vs T72+ is the stuff I've dreamed of in games since getting Team Yankee on my Amiga :p

As for the rolling blackouts... That's sn interesting development. One more to push the population to the brink. Or unite them an male them stronger :/

Or freeze them into the military.

Vladolf: So the peasantry have some moral fibre and backbone still intact eh.. Well let me take my ultimate form, the Nazi Ice Wizzard! -30 for everyone! Muhaha.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom