Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Both projections are dishonest really. Much of that war was extrajudicial killings and assassinations via drone strike rather than open combat. Where leaders made the decision "yes we will kill civilians but this is when we know where the target is so yes blow up the wedding".

To say its different because its a war, a war you started when you're the invading army killing people who have zero capacity to ever reach you or your army if you just stayed home is pushing it.

Afganistan didn't attack america on 9/11, america did not need "defending" and our decade long war left the taliban better armed, equiped and empowered than when we started.

War doesn't need to be fair, in fact you want it to be as unfair as possible with the advantage to your side.

Collateral damage always has been and sadly in many cases always will be a part of war. If a bad guy needs to be taken out and you have your chance and in the long run many lives will be saved its just the harsh reality.

No Afghanistan didn't but they sheltered the man and organisation that did. There is no way 9/11 could go unanswered. if they had given up Bin Laden and kicked out al-Qaeda maybe things would have gone differently.

Soldato
For all the moaning about trump and maga, we had years to arm and ensure a Ukrainian victory, we dithered and drip fed token gestures and cast offs.

Biden and the other western leaders are just as bad.

The Ukraine invasion was a wake up call for the west. In particular the naive Euro nations like Germany, France and the UK who are all underfunding their military and thought Russia was less of a threat. They genuinely believed the likes of Russia and China were no threat in the new world order of peace and prosperity (or some such nonsense).

It takes years but we are seeing the west and Germany in particular begin taking rearming more seriously. Ukraine is in an unfortunate position of being the victim of a slow motion car crash. I still think as Western Europe ramps up military spending we will see help for Ukraine improve. But democracies that are reliant on profit based companies cannot simply ramp up production at will. Put simply we are not at war so these profit driven defence contractors are not compelled to produce at the levels of a war economy.

Ukraine being invaded unfortunately is not going to put the west into war economy mode. The fact that Russia now exposed itself as an aggressor will simply compel NATO nations to up their spending but not for Ukraine, but their own self interest.

Soldato
It doesn't matter what you've decided you are now are talking about, the initial discussion was around Tucker Carlson stating that leaders have to give orders to kill, which a lot of you acted as it was outrageous and wrong, yet every world leader has issued orders to kill. Period. Of course Navalny being killed is wrong, yet there's a long list of people who've been killed wrongly, I don't make too much distinction because a human life is a human life, to me it doesn't matter if it's a teenager in Gaza or a bloke in a Russian prison who said mean things about Putin.

Can you be any more dishonest. The interviewer is talking about Putin and him murdering political opponents and journalists, not sending the military to carry out acts that might well result in the deaths of enemies of the state. Its amazing watching you twist and turn and try and put a spin on something because someone you admire has just said something blatantly obvious to everyone that shows them for being the massive **** they are but you are desperate to defend them for some reason. There is no excusing what Putin and those like him do but Tucker admires such people and would likely welcome such a leader in the US as long as its from his side of politics.

Soldato
I've never claimed that. I might have asid he admires him, but that's obvious to anyone.

Which plan did that wreck? Is Russia now out of Syria? No. Was Assad defeated? No.

...and then Turkey BOUGHT THE DAMN THINGS ANYWAY, and announced plans to buy even more just last year. Whoops! No plans wrecked there.

Are you mental? Putin had already invaded Ukraine, he spent those years consolidating his military force in Crimea and Sevastopol. Trump did nothing abut this. Instead, he phoned Zelensky and tried to pressure him for dirt on Biden.

He pushed further into Ukraine a full two years after Biden became POTUS. It had nothing to do with who was in the White House. So how is this an example of Trump ruining Putin's plans? And what plan, specifically?

You haven't given a single example of this.

All of this ^^ Its amazing that some people think this conflict started in 2022, it started in 2014, 2022 was just an escalation as Putin tried and failed to take Kiev. .

Caporegime
All of this ^^ Its amazing that some people think this conflict started in 2022, it started in 2014, 2022 was just an escalation as Putin tried and failed to take Kiev. .

It's frightening that so many people have been gaslit into believing that Ukraine was invaded in 2022. Russia has done such a fantastic job of throwing 2014 down the memory hole that even Westerners have been convinced it never happened, or that the illegal annexing of Crimea and Sevastopol was a justifiable reclamation of Russian territory.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's frightening that so many people have been gaslit into believing that Ukraine was invaded in 2022. Russia has done such a fantastic job of throwing 2014 down the memory hole that even Westerners have been convinced it never happened, or that the illegal annexing of Crimea and Sevastopol was a justifiable reclamation of Russian territory.
Everyone (some more than others...) had vested interests in Russia so it was inconvenient to acknowledge reality. The especially cynical observation is that acting earlier would be seen as effectively taking responsibility for hobbling swaths of European manufacturing thus torpedoing their political party's finances, better for them to wait for the inevitable and feign ignorance.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow.. I just realised the day they come back from recess is the day before the government deadline(1st march), which inevitably means the US government will have a shut down as the republicans will just block anything..

These gop scumbag traitors are really setting up Ukraine to fail. This recess was taken early which lines up exactly with this deadline... That and Johnson made sure to not pass anything before it.

I don't want to live in this world anymore.

It's so transparent. We're possibly going to throw two years of blood sweat and tears away due to out and about corruption.. Which their voters support.

Before you reply Roar, no one cares.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Interesting how the america needs to stop being the world's police sentiment has shifted around again to asking for it and getting angry when they don't provide it.
Lol you read my mind but I dare not post here.
I'm going to my in April I wonder if I have the courage to talk to some yanks on politics. Maybe a barman or taxi driver ....

Last edited:
Associate
I'm going to my in April I wonder if I have the courage to talk to some yanks on politics. Maybe a barman or taxi driver ....

Barmen tends to be around alcohol, taxi drivers cramped cars. I would recommend getting a diversity of opinion by spending many hours in many different bars during whole night. Just for a balanced view. ;)

Soldato
Interesting how the america needs to stop being the world's police sentiment has shifted around again to asking for it and getting angry when they don't provide it.
Who said America needs to stop being the world police.

People in here have said multiple times that their power comes from geopolitical influence. The irony is its maga morons who go about saying America needs to stop being the world police and leave nato( both things thst have allowed the US to become so dominant over the decades), not realising this would make America and the west appear weak asf.

Your post makes zero sense, pretty normal for you though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow.. I just realised the day they come back from recess is the day before the government deadline(1st march), which inevitably means the US government will have a shut down as the republicans will just block anything..

These gop scumbag traitors are really setting up Ukraine to fail. This recess was taken early which lines up exactly with this deadline... That and Johnson made sure to not pass anything before it.

I don't want to live in this world anymore.

It's so transparent. We're possibly going to throw two years of blood sweat and tears away due to out and about corruption.. Which their voters support.

Before you reply Roar, no one cares.

In essence a group of weak politicians are going against the will of the people who elected them and blatantly lying to the reasons why. All for a man the same electorate rejected… The same man that also tried to steal Americans vote.

They’ll all come unstuck and go on to find their rightful place in the world.

XPE

XPE

Soldato

I wonder if this is Russia throwing everything they have to stop the Ukrainians pulling out of Avdiivka.

Soldato

I wonder if this is Russia throwing everything they have to stop the Ukrainians pulling out of Avdiivka.

Big Russian ground offensive next. Those attacks where aimed at the southern river crossing.

Caporegime
Didn't ukraine put one of their most experienced units in their to help the withdrawal of the garrisoned troops?

It would make sense on a russian military perspective to try to defeat them too at this point.

Hope they all get out in time :/

Soldato
Yeah, the BBC report has someone saying the US isn’t living up to their responsibilities. It made me think the US isn’t responsible for meeting the military needs of every country in the world.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Big Russian ground offensive next. Those attacks where aimed at the southern river crossing.

That's a different kettle of fish attacking the river crossings. The Russians could attack from all 3 sides and where nearer their supplies line at Avdiivka, those dnipro river crossing are at the end of the Russian supply lines with high ground on the Ukrainians sides and the dnipro river itself to protect all those Ukrainians force.

I suspect it would take longer than the 5 months it took to take Avdiivka to clear that side of the river but I am sure they will try.

Soldato
That's a different kettle of fish attacking the river crossings. The Russians could attack from all 3 sides and where nearer their supplies line at Avdiivka, those dnipro river crossing are at the end of the Russian supply lines with high ground on the Ukrainians sides and the dnipro river itself to protect all those Ukrainians force.

I suspect it would take longer than the 5 months it took to take Avdiivka to clear that side of the river but I am sure they will try.

I believe that’s the area the Ukrainians shot down those planes.

Reactions: XPE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom