Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Definitely. Treason is a daily activity in MAGA land. The goal was never to make America great.

It’s just so cheap. The architects think they are smart, but it’s the oldest political stunt in the book. Other politicians don’t go there because they know it only leads down dangerous and ultimately self defeating rabbit hole .

Last edited:
Soldato
I’ve done some napkin maths. I recon Russia can maintain this war for 5 years~ depending on the Iranian and Chinese situations. I think these are the reasons Putin is looking for another Biden administration, although It seems optimistic to think the US will sit on its hands for the term.

Last edited:
Soldato
It’s just so cheap. The architects think they are smart, but it’s the oldest political stunt in the book. Other politicians don’t go there because they know it only leads down dangerous and ultimately self defeating rabbit hole .

Who can stoop the lowest wins, but all has long been lost.

Soldato
I’ve done some napkin maths. I recon Russia can maintain this war for 5 years~ depending on the Iranian and Chinese situations. I think these are the reasons Putin is looking for another Biden administration, although It’s seems optimistic to think the US will sit on its hands for the term.

I come to this thread almost daily for this level of profound thought, from what I can only surmise are world leading experts in military and geopolitical analysis. Thank you for giving us these tidbits of insightful wisdom. To think this is only "napkin math" is honestly astounding to me.

Soldato
I come to this thread almost daily for this level of profound thought, from what I can only surmise are world leading experts in military and geopolitical analysis. Thank you for giving us these tidbits of insightful wisdom. To think this is only "napkin math" is honestly astounding to me.

I think you come to this thread for other reasons. Back under the bridge with you. No billy goats here.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think you come to this thread for other reasons. Back under the bridge with you. No billy goats here.

Okay serious point, you have literally no idea how long Russia can sustain this war, there's probably a few dozen people with access to high level Western intelligence who could forecast a reasonable estimate, and none of them are posting it on Twitter.

Soldato
ISW is claiming that for the very first time in this war, Russia was able to provide close air support for ground troop assaults during the last 3 days in Avdiivka, indicating that Russia has achieved air superiority this location, which could be another sign that Ukraine has run out of ammunition
Sadly as I said in 2022 this was always going to be a possibility as the war dragged on and something Putin was no doubt counting on :(

94% of Ukraine's anti air is of Soviet origin, which means their only sources for missiles are Russia, China, Iran or asking allies what they have rusting in the warehouse :(

They have now retrofitted multiple Buk launchers to fire AIM-7 Sea Sparrow missiles they only have a <15 mile range which means the launchers would have to be within artillery range to take out planes running CAS, quite dangerous. Though if there's one thing Russia showed in 2014 it's that Buks are pretty decent at running away real fast :p

Last edited:
Soldato
ISW is claiming that for the very first time in this war, Russia was able to provide close air support for ground troop assaults during the last 3 days in Avdiivka, indicating that Russia has achieved air superiority this location, which could be another sign that Ukraine has run out of ammunition

What happened to the air defence in this region seems weird considering it is a very hot part of the battlefield right now.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’ve done some napkin maths. I recon Russia can maintain this war for 5 years~ depending on the Iranian and Chinese situations. I think these are the reasons Putin is looking for another Biden administration, although It seems optimistic to think the US will sit on its hands for the term.

Putin doesn't want another Biden term, its pure **** stirring. He didn't go from all in for Trump in 2016 and 2020 to now decide he wants Biden who has been a thorn in his side on Ukraine. The only reason he says he wants another 4 years of Biden is to make Biden seem like he's good for Russia and Trump is an adversary Putin doesn't want when the truth is the exact opposite. This guy was KGB after all.

Soldato
I remember patriot's history of shooting down missiles in the gulf wars but is this the first war its getting used against aircraft in a war situation?
No it shot down a Tornado in Iraq.

In it's defence though it's friend/foe system was malfunctioning (something they initially tried to blame on the Tornado knowing there wouldn't be enough of it left to check >.>).

You may wanna delete that before he RTMs you.

Probably announce tax cuts, and a third aircraft carrier or something equally daft.
A little off topic but I found out the other day that we paid 60% more for our two floating turds than it would have cost to just buy a brand new Ford class nuclear CATOBAR carrier from the USA. Which would have been able to do the job of both of our carriers, significantly better.

Oh well that's what misplaced national pride gets you. Luckily Russia is currently feeling something similar (oh yay it was on topic haha).

Last edited:
Soldato

He's spent long enough withholding tanks and planes and long range munitions...

Soldato
He's spent long enough withholding tanks and planes and long range munitions...
He needs to stop dilly dallying and just be straight with Ukraine.

Like, "you can have the planes and long range munitions, but the second they cross the border into Russia your on your own, no more aid".

That would solve all the wests worries in that area (well that or Ukraine would do something triple stupid, but I have more faith in Zelenskyy than that).

Soldato
What happened to the air defence in this region seems weird considering it is a very hot part of the battlefield right now.
I thought air defence battery were good though it just the other stuff.
94% of Ukraine's anti air is of Soviet origin, which means their only sources for missiles are Russia, China, Iran or asking allies what they have rusting in the warehouse :(

They have now retrofitted multiple Buk launchers to fire AIM-7 Sea Sparrow missiles but they only have a <15 mile range which means the launchers would have to be within artillery range to take out planes running CAS, quite dangerous. Though if there's one thing Russia showed in 2014 it's that Buks are pretty decent at running away real fast :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought air defence battery were good though it just the other stuff.

It is, but patriot is the mainstay, and that falls to the US.

Ukraine is screwed if we don't bloody knuckle down on the politicians BS of ' Russia can't win ' crap they love to spout to the cameras.

Happily corrected

Last edited:
Soldato
Putin doesn't want another Biden term, its pure **** stirring. He didn't go from all in for Trump in 2016 and 2020 to now decide he wants Biden who has been a thorn in his side on Ukraine. The only reason he says he wants another 4 years of Biden is to make Biden seem like he's good for Russia and Trump is an adversary Putin doesn't want when the truth is the exact opposite. This guy was KGB after all.

The Trumpets can’t help shield Putin with Trump in power and Trump is all over the place. Putin thought this war would have been done and forgotten about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom