Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Let's just relax and listen to some calming music https://youtu.be/ENyxseq59YQ?si=lYkza4nNWCM7ejvS
P2ouBQD.jpg

Soldato
I find it funny in lieu of a real enemy you can vent on you made a roar87 public ocuk enemy number one.

If he left this thread it would be a mostly boring twitter feed with a few knowledgeable people and the rest waving pitchforks and calling for WW3.

Whatever:p it's Friday. My life is currently problem free. Hooray.

So you want to keep him here because it creates drama?

Personally I'd rather read actual news rather than having to wade through numerous replies regarding said poster.

This is a thread about a serious ongoing conflict, this isn't meant to be the comment section of the Daily Mail.

Soldato
Sorry, I quoted two posts to give an example - I wasn't implying the post of yours I quoted was a problem.

Not a problem, absolutely no need to apologise, it is greatly appreciated though.

I’m all for robust discussion even if it’s adversarial in nature as long as it remains sensible and productive. In this particular instance though, I think that’s long from been the case. This is just my opinion of course.

Don
What is the consensus of dog piling across the mod team is all I asked. If five users have already disagreed, should further users reframe from disagreement because it’s bullying?

For the avoidance of doubt let's use this as the definition (emphasis my own):

Dog-piling, or a dog-pile is a form of online harassment or online abuse characterized by having groups of harassers target the same victim. Examples of online abuse include flaming, doxing (online release of personal information without consent), impersonation, and public shaming. Dog-pilers often focus on harassing, exposing, or punishing a target for an opinion that the group does not agree with, or just simply for the sake of being a bully and targeting a victim. Participants use criticism and/or insults to target a single person. In some definitions, it also includes sending private messages.

It just so happens that the same people keep being called out and that's apparently "bullying" :rolleyes:
Why not just put him on ignore then? If you don't see his posts, then you wouldn't need to call him out, and couldn't be accused of being a bully.

Caporegime
So you want to keep him here because it creates drama?

Personally I'd rather read actual news rather than having to wade through numerous replies regarding said poster.

This is a thread about a serious ongoing conflict, this isn't meant to be the comment section of the Daily Mail.
You probably should find your serious news from a better source than here sorry to say. If you're really invested in proper news.
If wading through 10/20 posts of discussion is hard work, when I think it's more interesting seeing people counter his "nonsense" with another source.
There's enough echo chambers and fake news it's nice when the 2 clash.

If you want news there's 10000 better places surely? The endless twitter links here are not news, just one sides opinion.

Last edited:
Associate
Why not just put him on ignore then? If you don't see his posts, then you wouldn't need to call him out, and couldn't be accused of being a bully.

So your solution to an individual repeatedly posting misinformation is to put your fingers in your ears and loudly say "la la la la la" ?

Because that works really well, right? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
You probably should find your serious news from a better source than here sorry to say. If you're really invested in proper news.

Keeping up with things here is much easier than trying to read other sources for updates, likewise if you favour drama, there are other places to get it, it's not a good reason to allow nonsense.

Don
So your solution to an individual repeatedly posting misinformation is to put your fingers in your ears and loudly say "la la la la la" ?

But without an audience to get riled up about misinformation, is there a purpose to producing it?

I'm not saying it's the answer in every situation, but you're getting emotional about it, so seems reasonable to put him on ignore and move on with your life. I'd hate for your next personal attack against him to result in you getting permabanned.

Would just like to go on record as saying I am not part of any group on here should that actually be a thing.
Not sure if it is or not.

If i see something that I want to respond to I will, whether others have or havent.
I am certainly not marching in line with my pitchfork even if it appears at some times I may be.

I find it funny hwoever that someone who claims to be a free speech absolutionist feels they need, or others feel they need protection from others free speech.
"If you cannot stand the heat then keep out of the kitchen" springs to mind.

In reputable source news, its really not looking good at the moment

Worth following the link which explains some of the language used.

Soldato
For the avoidance of doubt let's use this as the definition (emphasis my own):

Is that the consensus of the mod team? As in per the “we” in your initial post.

You might have a one or two users attempting to form a dog pile. Definitely trolling and willing to push the forum rules to edge as previously started.

“I’ll say whatever I dam like to whoever I like within the rules” paraphrased OC.

Soldato
But without an audience to get riled up about misinformation, is there a purpose to producing it?

I'm not saying it's the answer in every situation, but you're getting emotional about it, so seems reasonable to put him on ignore and move on with your life. I'd hate for your next personal attack against him to result in you getting permabanned.

Maybe consider the magnitude of the topic. I have friends in Ukraine fighting. I may join them myself.

Soldato

That's pretty much the same approach that Facebook, Google, 'X' have taken.

Unless the Government make companies liable for the social and economic damage caused by disinformation published on their platforms, the mods can handle it however they see fit.

Manipulated, false and misleading information can:
  • threaten public safety
  • fracture community cohesion
  • reduce trust in institutions and the media
  • undermine public acceptance of science’s role in informing policy development and implementation
  • damage our economic prosperity and our global influence
  • undermine the integrity of government, the constitution and our democratic processes.

Associate

It is the decision of mods for one or the other reason. Also, it keeps forum "alive" I guess. Any disinfo should be curbed, but oh well.

Man of Honour
I find it funny hwoever that someone who claims to be a free speech absolutionist feels they need, or others feel they need protection from others free speech.
"If you cannot stand the heat then keep out of the kitchen" springs to mind.

I find it grotesque that they are regularly posting stuff which is insulting to anyone's intelligence and even they must know that, even admitting over the last couple of pages to just selectively picking bits from sources where the complete context comprehensively shuts down their argument, then getting upset when people take exception to it. Then running to the mods when they get the treatment that is going to draw. In any other topic I'd agree with putting them on ignore but there is a bigger picture here and a wider silent audience for this thread.

Don
It is the decision of mods for one or the other reason. Also, it keeps forum "alive" I guess. Any disinfo should be curbed, but oh well.

We're still waiting for some evidence to support this allegation:

They have a lot of rusky business so unable to moderate as them won't be happy and lots of dirty things would come out. Tell me if I am wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom