Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

Soldato
If that is in-game graphics colour me impressed! Either way this will be great, I still need to play the third one!

I watched it and thought. Pfft, CGI trailer. Give me the engine, Give me gameplay!! I was being skeptical, even after reading the write up.

Then I thought to myself, Hold on...

Tombraider. The cutscenes, They are really nice. And that's not naughty dog, and it's crossplatform. The PS4 definitive version looks even better, and its an improved upon last gen game. Not a game built from the ground up for a specific device.

I could honestly see the engine\cutscenes in the new version looking like that. If anyone can do it, it'll be naughty dog.

Obviously things will be scaled back for gameplay at a guess.

But wow!

Last edited:
Associate
looks amazing cant wait for this one of my games im defo queuing up for i havnt seen much on it tbh but with it being uncharted if its anything like 3 ill defo like it

Soldato
Watched this a few times now, I'm the biggest uncharted fan, love the series, even love the PS brand and the PS4 is an epic games console.

But, really? that cannot be representative of in game, it might use the in game engine, but I really do not think the game apart from cut scenes maybe looking as sharp as that trailer..

But, sure game will be epic nonetheless.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Finally a reason to buy the PS4! I bought a PS3 last year to play the Uncharted series and TLoU. Now sold of course so I think Smash Bros and Zelda will tie me over until this comes out. Will mean the PS4 is cheaper by then too!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
So when are you going to post those many reasons? :p From that lot in your pic:

FarCry 4: On PC.
GTA V: Getting on PC next month.
CoD: It's CoD, no interest at all.
Destiny: No interest, checked it out and it has its flaws.
FIFA: Football game, no interest at all.
Mordor: On PC.
Black Flag: On PC, not "that" great anyway.
Wolfenstein: On PC.
BF4: On PC, shaky start on release, better now but it's no touch on previous BFs.
Last of Us: Already completed along with DLC on PS3.
Watch Dogs: On PC, bugged/rubbish game.

Only games like Last of Us, Uncharted etc make buying the console worth it for me. By the time those class of games are out the console is much cheaper too so I win on all accounts with that reasoning.

Soldato
I moved the pic as I didn't want to spam this thread up.

I enjoy console gaming purely for the different experience it provides. Instant care free gaming. Being hunched over a PC + KB/Mouse is tiresome.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
None of those games strictly require a mouse and keyboard to play. Most of us on this forum have at least a 30" monitor anyway so slouching back in an armchair nearby or whatever is a non-issue. besides the point was you said there are way too many reasons to buy a PS4. Those aren't plenty of reasons as all but 2 of those are on other platforms and they're all available at much cheaper prices on PC.

Exclusives are another matter of course so don't count :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Sidestepping the point there surely!

You said there were plenty of reasons to own the PS4 right now while citing all but a couple of games that aren't PS4 exclusives. I'm merely saying those are not plenty of reasons and am waiting for those plenty of reasons :p

IMO a single game like Uncharted 4 is reason enough to own a PS4 but there's a whole year left until that is out and by that time the PS4 will be at least £100 cheaper and who knows, a PS4 Slim may even be out.

Soldato
Can't wait for this. Probably my favourite series ever. Watched 50% of the footage then stopped. I'm in, day one. I don't want to see any more of it until release.

Soldato
Sidestepping the point there surely!

You said there were plenty of reasons to own the PS4 right now while citing all but a couple of games that aren't PS4 exclusives. I'm merely saying those are not plenty of reasons and am waiting for those plenty of reasons :p

IMO a single game like Uncharted 4 is reason enough to own a PS4 but there's a whole year left until that is out and by that time the PS4 will be at least £100 cheaper and who knows, a PS4 Slim may even be out.

It depends what your into, how you prefer to play etc. lately i have preferred sitting back on the sofa and playing a console rather than sitting upstairs at my desk. But its nice to have the choice, i wouldnt not have a pc and console combo

My reason for the ps4 is mainly bloodborne at the moment, and this ofcourse

Back
Top Bottom