Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

Soldato
New info about the special editions:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...ions-detailed/?emcid=social_20150831_51719306

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Special Edition:
20941346872_be5d44fcbe_b.jpg

• Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Blu-ray disc
  • Collectible steelbook case designed by Alexander “That Kid Who Draws” Iaccarino
  • 48-page hardcover art book by Naughty Dog and Dark Horse
  • Naughty Dog & Pirate Sigil Sticker Sheet
  • Naughty Dog Points: redeem the points to unlock new multiplayer content and character upgrades.

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Libertalia Collector’s Edition:
20763066950_dce28616d8_b.jpg

Everything in the Special Edition plus:
  • A 12″ premium Nathan Drake statue by Gentle Giant
  • Three multiplayer outfits: Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Heist Drake and Desert Drake outfits
  • Three custom weapon skins: Golden Weapon Skin, Snow Weapon Skin and Desert Weapon Skin
  • Henry Avery, Thomas Tew and Adam Baldrige Sigil Ball Caps
  • Madagascar Sidekick Outfits
  • Phurba Dagger Taunt
  • An Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End dynamic theme

Plus some stuff about the PS Store editions as well as some talk of single-player story content, which is interesting. No doubt the above ones will end up being GAME exclusive for maximum price-gouging.

Associate
Only just got a PS4 so this wasn't on my radar. Huge fan of the 1st game, but by the 3rd game I got very tired of the repetitive gameplay. By this I mean that it was a series of quick time events and a bit of exploration padded out with countless, pointless, and boring shoot em ups in large open areas.

I really want to see ND move Uncharted on a bit, because if they make another game like the 3rd one then it will be very disappointing.

Associate
I think so. After writing that post I watched the 15 gameplay demo above. Stunning graphics and scenery, but it's just another scripted and linear action scene. Bored of it.

Soldato
I think so. After writing that post I watched the 15 gameplay demo above. Stunning graphics and scenery, but it's just another scripted and linear action scene. Bored of it.

The entire jeep sequence wasn't scripted or linear, and the previous gameplay they've shown with the large open area and lots of vertical traversal wasn't either.

Associate
The entire jeep sequence wasn't scripted or linear, and the previous gameplay they've shown with the large open area and lots of vertical traversal wasn't either.

Yes it is. You either pass or fail the sequence, and there appears to be no choices to make at all. The enemy truck you are chasing will always appear from those same side streets, and it will happen just before you reach those side streets every time. The way through the sequence funnels you a certain way, and you just need to survive and arrive at the trigger points.

I haven't seen this open area gameplay, but I bet it's short lived until the same duck shoot against 50 guys used to pad out the game starts up again.

Caporegime
Excited :D.

Those special editions are fantastic looking; I'm a sucker for Collectors editions :p, however, I despise GAME.

Mixed feelings; I might cave and pre order the collectors edition (£120) but I would much rather be able to buy this game from elsewhere (rainforest).

Soldato
Yes it is. You either pass or fail the sequence, and there appears to be no choices to make at all. The enemy truck you are chasing will always appear from those same side streets, and it will happen just before you reach those side streets every time. The way through the sequence funnels you a certain way, and you just need to survive and arrive at the trigger points.

I haven't seen this open area gameplay, but I bet it's short lived until the same duck shoot against 50 guys used to pad out the game starts up again.

No it isn't, ND have already said that the entire area is open and explorable and you can take almost any route you want.

Maybe go and watch the other demo before you blindly comment on it.

£120 for a game is daylight robbery, don't preorder either!

He will though. I doubt I'll use Game again (at least not for a pre-order), the only way I was able to get Phantom Pain on release day was to trek across town and collect it from the DPD depot myself. Probably the last Collector's Edition I buy too, they're so overpriced.

Soldato
900p/60fps lol

Naughty Frauds.

Joking aside, I'm glad they are doing what is necessary for great framerate, but I cant wait to see how the '1080p or bust' PS4 fans take it.

I think it also confirms that the choice to go 30fps for UC4 over 60fps(like they originally said they would) is entirely GPU-based. So basically, nothing that is going to improve gameplay(AI/physics/whatever), just graphics presentation. Style over substance.

Whatever. I'll get the game when it's used for £10 so I can do a photomode run through. All while hoping that they are hard at work at making TLOU2, something that will actually be fun to play *and* pretty.

Back
Top Bottom