Under investigation at work

Soldato
That story you have come up with complete BS and HR will see right through it.

However, if that is the story you have told HR/your company then you will now have to stick with it to the end and hope it goes your way.

Associate
OP
That story you have come up with complete BS and HR will see right through it.

However, if that is the story you have told HR/your company then you will now have to stick with it to the end and hope it goes your way.

:rolleyes: I love how people are experts in what actually happened. Thankyou for your excellent advice :D

I challenge you to have copious amounts of alcohol, have your friend or partner hold your phone and take a photo on WhatsApp, then quickly pass the phone back to you whilst the photo is on the screen, awaiting it be sent. Do this about 10 times and see how many times you accidentally press send. Very easily done. I have nothing to hide and HR have the photo which was accidentally sent. All I can say and do is tell the truth and leave it at that. Even if I sent the photo deliberately, it makes no difference. I have not made contact with the individual in the last 3 years, even though they have tried to contact me and have threatened me on several occasions. This was clearly an accident and an isolated incidient. I have my investigation tomorrow and will update in due course.

Soldato
You just happen to be looking at the messages from ex-employee

The person who made the allegation just happened to take your phone at that precise time

The person who made the allegation just happened to snap a picture of you both together

The person who made the allegation just happened to go through additional steps and send the picture to the GB (guilty bast@rd)

C'mon......................!!!!

If that's the truth then that really is an unfortunate set of events.

Soldato
That's a lot of steps to argue he "slipped". To send a photo you'd need to:

1. Press the camera button
  2. Take a photograph
  3. Confirm you want to send the photograph by hitting the blue aeroplane
:/

On mine, on Android I have to press attachment before I select camera, no? That's 4 steps. If I were hearing this, I would find it hard to believe. Yes, when handed back it could have been a mistake, but taking the picture is 3 quite precise touches. Missing the second one resets you too. Seems very unlikely she did it by mistake.

Caporegime
:rolleyes: I love how people are experts in what actually happened. Thankyou for your excellent advice :D

I challenge you to have copious amounts of alcohol, have your friend or partner hold your phone and take a photo on WhatsApp, then quickly pass the phone back to you whilst the photo is on the screen, awaiting it be sent. Do this about 10 times and see how many times you accidentally press send. Very easily done. I have nothing to hide and HR have the photo which was accidentally sent. All I can say and do is tell the truth and leave it at that. Even if I sent the photo deliberately, it makes no difference. I have not made contact with the individual in the last 3 years, even though they have tried to contact me and have threatened me on several occasions. This was clearly an accident and an isolated incidient. I have my investigation tomorrow and will update in due course.
Just LOL if you're so far in denial that your toes are wet.

Noobs.

Caporegime
On mine, on Android I have to press attachment before I select camera, no? That's 4 steps. If I were hearing this, I would find it hard to believe. Yes, when handed back it could have been a mistake, but taking the picture is 3 quite precise touches. Missing the second one resets you too. Seems very unlikely she did it by mistake.

No, if WhatsApp is open there is a camera symbol, which opens the camera. Then you would have to hit the shutter button (or volume button) and then the send button.

3 stages

Caporegime
fair point about the employee connection - but an employee from 3 years ago....where does it end......10 years from now, some random picture is sent to him again....

I guess people would have moved on by then, but 3 years on with two of the people who were involved in interactions with him still employed by the company and whatever might have gone on behind the scenes with potential threats of tribunals for unfair dismissal, bullying etc... then the company (HR and legal) are very likely going to want to know what exactly was sent to him, while drunk, on a work night, by current employees he perhaps has a grievance with. Thus why the OP is going to be dragged into a meeting and probably told never to contact this guy etc...

Soldato
What's his name ?

You simply sent him it by accident when trying to send it to another person with same name didn't you ?

Soldato
I reported and blocked them which deleted the WhatsApp messages and history.
WhatsApp doesn't delete messages when you block someone, you have to do that manually. So I wouldn't say this in your meeting because it makes it look like you've deliberately hidden something. Just say you blocked and deleted him.

With regards to accidental pictures, it's not impossible and I accidentally sent a photo of my bathroom ceiling to a telegram group in the past, luckily it was the ceiling as I was in the bath putting my phone down after chatting to friends. :D

Caporegime
You can delete WhatsApp messages instantly!
I guess this person really has an axe to grind and now you deleted the the messages? That was probably silly.
The person will be making up so much more to this story
It was work time, it was a work phone, you were looking at that message thread..

In your defense, if what you say is true it should be investigated, probably nothing will come of it.

Hope it all goes well but yeah I can see why it could get a little messy.

Soldato
One question... if the person was fired years ago and they obv have no issues causing problems for you/ they sound like a dick.... why do you still even have this persons number on your phone?

Soldato
It's pretty clear here that this ex-employee is still very bitter about their dismissal. Then to randomly one night have a photo sent to him of two people who he clearly had a grievance with.

Assuming that the photo was completely innocent then I fail to see what HR could make out about it. You probably shouldn't have deleted your messages to at least show that there's no harassment on your part.

Also fwiw, if this ex employee sends a single message or phone call after this event, I would log a harassment complaint with the police.

Back
Top Bottom