Underrated/cult movies?

Soldato
How's about one cult film based heavily on a previous even more cult film. I'm always fascinated by obscure discoveries like this. Maybe it's common knowledge but going by the comments on the vid it seems like this has been hiding in plain sight. It is no way diminishes The Fifth Element of course, but sure is one of those "huh? oh yeah!" moments.

Man of Honour
Warriors, Duel and Westworld are good shouts.

I'll go with:
  • LA Takedown. I saw this before Heat, which is kind of a remake. It lacks the A-list actor chemistry and big budget scenes but the plot and action is good
  • Black Rain. I really like this for some reason, always used to watch it when he was on tv. It's kind of dripping with yakuza cool.
    I like the fact one of the main characters/actors gets killed fairly early, in a great scene
  • The Negotiator. Not really sure if this counts as underrated/cult, I saw a preview screening of it at uni by accident (for some reason we thought it was going to be Starship Troopers) and was very surprised by how good it was.
  • Heathers. I guess this is the one that is closest to the definition of "cult", it's got that kind of late 80s weirdness vibe, a bit of dark humour etc.

Soldato

Back
Top Bottom