• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Unigine Heaven 4 benchmark

Well I have received my new Gigabyte 290X today and here is my first run of this benchmark with everything at stock, including my i5 760!!

290xi5760stock.jpg~original

Not a bad start for my aging i5 760 and at stock 2.93Ghz also :D

Scoreboard updated.:)

Where a CPU is posted as stock, if it has a turbo setting and I know what it is, I am using this for the scoreboard. The reason being is it makes comparing scores a little easier.:)

@Matt, not as much over a 7990 as I would expect. 20% over an oc'd one?

Yes thats about the size of it mate. 7990 is a top card and has very mature drivers so that stands in its favour vs immature 290 drivers. In fps terms with both setups at stock, the 290 setup is around 15-30fps faster than my 7990, depending on the game/bench. This is just guesswork on my part from keeping an eye on the fps counter. It might be more/less.

Got a slightly better score Kaap.

Kaap even with a higher fan speed i still noticed the score dropping off a bit on the second run. Nothing huge but 10-13 points lower.

The above is quite normal and probably nothing to do with your cards, as the rest of the PC gets warmed up it becomes less efficient which reduces the score slightly. If you are really going for it, the best way to do it is to work out in advance what settings to use, turn on PC from cold and go for it.

The above is quite normal and probably nothing to do with your cards, as the rest of the PC gets warmed up it becomes less efficient which reduces the score slightly. If you are really going for it, the best way to do it is to work out in advance what settings to use, turn on PC from cold and go for it.

Cool beans, thanks Kaap.

Oh btw Kaap Greg has your wrong score linked in the 3DMark 11 thread, under dual gpu setups. He has your firestrike link there. I just posted score there myself and am wondering if something is wrong as i appear to have the highest dual gpu score. Once yours is corrected yours should be higher though.

Yes thats about the size of it mate. 7990 is a top card and has very mature drivers so that stands in its favour vs immature 290 drivers. In fps terms with both setups at stock, the 290 setup is around 15-30fps faster than my 7990, depending on the game/bench. This is just guesswork on my part from keeping an eye on the fps counter. It might be more/less.

Yeah I suppose the drivers will get better over time. How are you finding the new setup?
My original plan was to get 290 Crossfire so I'm curious.

Back
Top Bottom