Poll: United States Grand Prix 2018, Austin - Race 18/21

Rate the 2018 United States Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Agreed, unless he was being squeezed from the left. From Stroll's onboard he was legitimately on the track and alongside, and Fred looked like he just cut into him. But I only saw it the once from that view.

It looks to me like an Alonso sandwich. There was someone on the inside, but can't find a decent video that shows what's going on really.

Last edited:
Transmission breaker
Don
So your saying multiple wrong decisions is ok

How did you get that from what I said?!
Rules are rules.. Without them there is no sport.
I was demonstrating that the stewards are being consistent, and the offence was not unfairly penalised.

You can have a problem with the rules, but were you standing up shouting about it when the other (non-red!) drivers were penalised?

I don’t think so.

You must not let your personal bias affect your interpretation of the rules.

Treat each offence as perpetrated by unnamed drivers, then see how you feel about the decision, then apply it to your fave driver. If your feelings differ, you got it wrong..

Soldato
Watching the start again, why TF did Sainz get a penalty? Yes, he went off track on the exit of T1, but so did Vettel and Alonso. Sainz even lost a place to Ocon in T4 after coming back on. Where is he supposed to have gained time from losing a place? If it was just from going off track, why was Vettel and Alonso (had he not been torpedo'd by Stroll) not penalised too?

Soldato
Vettel's denial continues. His language gave a very interesting insight too, as he seemed almost frustrated that it isn't over yet - it is like he's waiting to be beaten to relieve the pressure.

Like a lot of top athletes, perhaps he'd benefit from working alongside a sports psychologist. Something's just not right at the moment.

Interestingly there was a comment from Mark Webber on Ch4 that Vettels Mrs was in attendance this weekend. Which is a very rare thing.

Transmission breaker
Don
Watching the start again, why TF did Sainz get a penalty? Yes, he went off track on the exit of T1, but so did Vettel and Alonso. Sainz even lost a place to Ocon in T4 after coming back on. Where is he supposed to have gained time from losing a place? If it was just from going off track, why was Vettel and Alonso (had he not been torpedo'd by Stroll) not penalised too?

I watched this back too, and felt it was overly harsh considering the circumstances.

I was assuming I had missed something, but that one mystified me somewhat. Would love to know the data they used to justify it in relation to the other cars.

There must have been something they saw that I didn’t.

Soldato
How did you get that from what I said?!
Rules are rules.. Without them there is no sport.
I was demonstrating that the stewards are being consistent, and the offence was not unfairly penalised.

You can have a problem with the rules, but were you standing up shouting about it when the other (non-red!) drivers were penalised?

I don’t think so.

You must not let your personal bias affect your interpretation of the rules.

Treat each offence as perpetrated by unnamed drivers, then see how you feel about the decision, then apply it to your fave driver. If your feelings differ, you got it wrong..

OK regarding the rules entering the pit lane entry then cutting back on track, what's the penalty for that again is it a ten second penalty or a reprimand???

Caporegime
Obviously not slowing down for red flags nees aa penalty not a reprimand. Driver doesn't know if someone has had a horrendous accident. In no was should it just be a reprimand.

I still. Dont know about the sainz incident. People seem to do that all the time. Luckily he was over 5sec in front of ocon. I wonder if he would have gotten it if he wasnt.

Great race for Renault. Even more so mag getting DSQ.

I do find it weird how its red bull suffering all the Renault reliability

Soldato
Seems a common thing this year. Both Williams and McLaren have gotten bad data from their CFD/simulated aero testing and now Ferrari basically admitting the same. Limiting testing is fine if the simulations and projections you have align with the real world, but clearly they aren't.

Back
Top Bottom